Trev's Star Wars MAW trip

Guess who went to the dollar store for pool noodles today??

Yeah, 20 light sabers to make!

:teeth:

Between swimming and the flight, you sure had some tired family members.

How nice that you got some Boston Market and it tasted just like you remembered. What kind of Mac and Cheese do your kids like? Grumpy has always been partial to Kraft or Velveeta, but JJ has NEVER liked pasta.

I'm liking that icecream theme. Yum!

Magic pillow?

That storm was from Barbara wasn't it? The one that started in the Pacific and went across the gulf? Or was it all from Andrea?

I think that was all from Andrea. That old broad blew in on 6-2 (our departure day) and caused a MAJOR headache for the entire Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area. :sad2:

I think that was all from Andrea. That old broad blew in on 6-2 (our departure day) and caused a MAJOR headache for the entire Orlando/Lake Buena Vista area. :sad2:

All our storms are starting to merge together, lol. Yes, Andrea was very wet. We got a whopping of a storm today. And more rain again in the forcast for Monday into Tues. We are stuck at home this weekend, but I really feel for those here on vacation. It's going to be a wet next few days.

Wow, what a nice start to your magical trip. I am glad to hear how magical GKTW was for you!! I was just showing my DD the pics of the village to help her choose where to give a birthday "gift" to (we pick a children's organization each year at her birthday) --last year she had chosen Make a Wish but she thought the GKTW village looks so cool so she chose that...And then I just happened to come across your trip report!
Excited to read more! Your kids are all so adorable! Love how your dad came along and your kids all listen to him.

Welcome to everyone who has recently joined in! I will update some more in a couple days. We just got back from a road trip to Idaho for a wedding and while there we found out a friend had taken his life. We are all devastated by his passing. Give me a couple days and I will be back on to finish my TR. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

Jackie

Welcome to everyone who has recently joined in! I will update some more in a couple days. We just got back from a road trip to Idaho for a wedding and while there we found out a friend had taken his life. We are all devastated by his passing. Give me a couple days and I will be back on to finish my TR. I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!

Jackie

so sorry to hear about your friend Jackie :hug:
here if you need a shoulder!

take all the time you need, we will be here!

Jackie, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :grouphug: So many hurting people in the world, not knowing help is just a request away.

Thanks for popping by our PTR, you know I will be here as much as I can.

I wanted to wish your family a relaxing, healing holiday. :hug:

Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa

Jackie, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sending prayers of comfort your way.

Checking in to see how everything went! :)

Welcome!! I can't wait to read about your Star Wars experience too!

love seeing the cute photos from GKTW!

we had so much fun with you and the kids at the zoo and dinner on Tuesday!

hope you have a great time in Idaho!

We had a great time at the zoo and dinner! Thanks for coming with us! We will have to get together again before Kara's surgery.

Idaho was HOT!!! We must bring extreme weather with us :) It was 100 degrees while we were there! I would have much rather had the rain in Idaho and the Hot sun in Florida!!

The kids LOVED Silverwood and the wedding was beautiful! It was nice to be there while we were in air conditioning and we missed some of the super hot weather back home with no ac in our house!

I haven't been able to get on here in forever (I still need to do E's trip report and we went in NOVEMBER!)!!

I've missed all of you and it's going to take me sooooo long to catch up!

Your pix from GKTW brought happy tears to my eyes. My, how we miss that place.

I wanted to stop by and tell you that Ethan has fallen HEAD OVER HEELS with Star Wars!!!!!! I mean, crazy! He already has so many Star Wars facts, lines from the movies, etc in his little 4 year old brain that it's almost impossible for me to get him to stuff anything educational in there :p

I think if we could do it all over again, we would have waited one more year to do his trip and wished for Star Wars Weekends. While he did get to meet Darth Vader on his Wish Trip, he was still too nervous to fully enjoy it all.

I can not wait to hear more about Trevor's Wish trip!!!!!

We are thinking of going back this fall (maybe Nov again). It's just a matter of figuring out how to afford going, not renting a car and being able to get back to GKTW for a visit (b/c all he's talked about is "Dinosaur Miniature Golf" and ice cream and the Gingerbread House and meeting all the characters!! Ha!!!!

Welcome!! Let me know when you do his TR I would love to read it!

It is crazy how fast Trev fell in love with SW! It gets stronger each year!! That is great he got to meet Darth Vader though! That would be wonderful if you guys can go back! I wish it were closer so we could visit GKTW again. That is the bad thing about living on the opposite coast of DW!

We went on a road trip to Idaho last week and the first thing my 4 year old says "I wonder what the gift fairy will leave us here!" I had to kindly explain to her that only happens at GKTW :) I guess that is what we get when our first vacation is to GKTW and Disney! The girls think all vacations involve ice cream, rides LOOOONG plane rides and gift fairys :)

Guess who went to the dollar store for pool noodles today??

Yeah, 20 light sabers to make!

:teeth:

Have fun making your light sabers! Can't wait to see pics of your Trevor's party!

Between swimming and the flight, you sure had some tired family members.

How nice that you got some Boston Market and it tasted just like you remembered. What kind of Mac and Cheese do your kids like? Grumpy has always been partial to Kraft or Velveeta, but JJ has NEVER liked pasta.

I'm liking that icecream theme. Yum!

Magic pillow?

That storm was from Barbara wasn't it? The one that started in the Pacific and went across the gulf? Or was it all from Andrea?

When they have Mac n Cheese it is usually velveeta or the bunny pasta. Not sure why they didn't' like it!

Ice cream is good anytime of day or night :)

The kids get a certificate for a magic pillow from GKTW. The kids go to a tree and make wishes. It is interactive and after a couple minutes the tree sends magic pillows to the kids they find in a stump!

I think it was all Andrea!! Maybe the tail end of Barbara too? Not sure... All I know is it rained more in that week we were there than in our wettest month here!! And that is saying a lot as it rains a lot here!

That was the day we got in... That was one of the best days for us weather wise!

Wow, what a nice start to your magical trip. I am glad to hear how magical GKTW was for you!! I was just showing my DD the pics of the village to help her choose where to give a birthday "gift" to (we pick a children's organization each year at her birthday) --last year she had chosen Make a Wish but she thought the GKTW village looks so cool so she chose that...And then I just happened to come across your trip report!
Excited to read more! Your kids are all so adorable! Love how your dad came along and your kids all listen to him.

Welcome!! What a wonderful gesture from your daughter! Yes... The kids do love their grandpa and we were glad he was there! I think that made for an easier trip with the kiddos! After that first day we just sent them to grandpa if they would not listen to us and he got them to listen instantly!! My Dad has been through this journey since the beginning and I couldn't imagine him not going with us!

so sorry to hear about your friend Jackie :hug:
here if you need a shoulder!

take all the time you need, we will be here!

Thank you. It hasn't totally sunk in yet. We seen the obit yesterday and I lost it. Seeing his picture and birthdate and death date really make it official. His funeral is the same day as Trevor's birthday party. It will be an interesting day! Funeral in the morning then an 8 year old party that afternoon with 5 boys spending the night!!

Jackie, so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Thank you.

Jackie, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. :grouphug: So many hurting people in the world, not knowing help is just a request away.

Thanks for popping by our PTR, you know I will be here as much as I can.

I wanted to wish your family a relaxing, healing holiday. :hug:

Judy, Pete, Christian, David, Rachel and Lisa

Thank you.

Jackie, so sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sending prayers of comfort your way.

Thank you.

Jackie

Thanks for waiting for me! We are back from Idaho. It was a lot of fun and the kids did fantastic on their road trip!! Now I am planning an even longer one to San Diego for the spring... 23 hours driving... Call me crazy now :)

Trev's will be 8 on Friday! The following week we will have a birthday party for him and he will have 5 boys sleep over. That will be interesting :) The funeral for my friend is that morning. Then a few days later Kara will have her next surgery... You would think Christmas is coming she is SO excited!! Praying for no more growths and they can fix her hearing somewhat. Last surgery the growths were wrapped around her eardrum and her hearing bones. I have tried to prepare the kids there will be no swimming or parks the rest of the summer as Kara heals. We will plan trips to the zoo and aquarium though! She just can't get her ear wet or run around or get it bumped for at least 5 weeks. Should be interesting!

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

Jackie

The kids were looking forward to playing the worlds largest candy land game!! The "board" went around Mathew's Boundless Playground. It was pretty large! BUT the rains would not stop! So unfortunately it was cancelled ( a theme that would be seen throughout our stay). Instead they had games inside we could play and the kids answered questions about candy to earn candy. Trev was not interested and so the boys went to check out the arcade and the girls went inside to play games. It was pretty crowded and the girls were overwhelmed... They did settle in eventually and played the games. Mommy had to help with all the answers as they are only 4. Trev came to join us after the arcade and he too played games and they all got way too much candy! (We were going to make sure to be somewhere else during Halloween night that week)

Mathew's Boundless Playground

Amberville Train Station/Arcade

This is the dino that scared Allie during putt putt golf!

It was still sprinkling so we hopped on the train and explored more of the village that way! We all then headed over to the arcade. Allie, Trevor and Scott went to play mini golf. Allie was terrified of the dino!! Kara, Grandpa and I rode the little train. Of course Kara wanted to sit in the undercover area... It was a tight squeeze but we made it in! The kids played games and rode in the stationary cars. It was finally time to head home we had a LOOOONG night with very little sleep! It started to rain harder on the way back to our villa. By the time we got to our villa it was pouring!! So much for this 30 minute down pour everyone had warned us about! As soon as we got inside we heard a loud BOOM! Thunder and Lightening golore!! It was the strongest thunderstorm I had ever witnessed! It let on for over an hour! The rain lasted all night and the sidewalk to our villa was flooded. (It stayed that way all week). It had rained a couple inches that night! The kids were SO tired they fell asleep by 9:15! That never happens at home :) I followed shortly and was asleep by 10... That never happens either! Tomorrow Sea World!!

I'm glad you got some fun things in despite the rain. Figures it would rain cats and dogs for your week here and be hot as blazes for your week in Idaho. Murphy's Law, I guess. The mini golf looks fun except for the terrifying dino, lol. Poor Allie. I'm sure the lack of sleep and the time changes really played a number on you.

happy you had a fun time at the wedding and in Idaho, yikes that's hot! thankful we have cooler down to a tolerable heat these past few days! heat with no A/C is NOT fun!

heartbreaking your friends funeral is the same day at Trev's party, hope the party will lift your spirit!
not sure we can get together before we leave for Boston on 7/22, home on 8/1, let's plan on something after that!

bummer about all the rain, sounds like you made the best of it that night when it let up a little! thunderstorms in the south are very BIG and LOUD! don't miss them at all!

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending good thoughts your way.

Happy birthday to Trevor and I hope Kara's surgery goes well. More good thoughts and pixie dust!

Ugh sorry to hear about all the rain but I'm glad you guys were still able to have fun! :goodvibes

For some reason I woke up at 6:45am... I NEVER do that at home!! Plus with the time change it was like 3:45am!!! My Dad was up early too as I could hear the TV in the other room. It was SO hard to get the kids and Scott out of bed though. Finally by 9am everyone was awake. When we went outside the driveway was flooded from all the rain during the night. The forecast had called for rainy stormy conditions but it was HOT and DRY outside! My Dad and I went over and grabbed breakfast for all of us and brought it back to the villa. It took awhile to get the kids in the car as they were chasing the lizards trying to catch them :) Finally by 9:30 we were loaded up and on our way!

We arrived about 10am. First thing we did was take a picture of the area our car was parked so we would not forget!! A great tip we learned from GKTW. We got a couple pics in when we first got in then we headed over to the sting rays. The kids each got a little packet of food to feed them. The kids loved trying to feed them and touch the sting rays! We all got a little wet as they splashed the water trying to get the food! We all had fun. We took a little break had a much needed snack and some water. I had packed only 6 water bottles and a few snacks as we couldn't bring much more into the park. I was sure we could fill our water bottles up but as we found out you do not want to drink the water there! Even the water from the counter service areas had a hint of that awful taste! We just went without water once we ran out and had icees, and ice cream instead to satisfy our thirst.

We then headed over to the Shamu show. It was hot so we found seats in the shade and the kids did not want to get wet.... I was really hoping to sit in the soak area! The show was good but Scott and I thought it was missing something. We both had went to the one in San Diego about 15 years ago so I vaguely remember some of it. The last one we went to the trainers rode on the whales and got in the water with them. That was one of the most exciting parts but they did not do it this time. It was still a good show and nice to get out of the hot weather for a bit. My Dad bought misting fans for all of us. Too bad we could only use them for two days out of our stay...

Not too long ago, a trainer was killed by one of the whales. They did away with the part you were missing due to that tragedy.

Glad you had a sunny dry day to start! The sting rays are fun to feed.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sending good thoughts your way.

Happy birthday to Trevor and I hope Kara's surgery goes well. More good thoughts and pixie dust!

Ugh sorry to hear about all the rain but I'm glad you guys were still able to have fun! :goodvibes

Thank you. At times it doesn't feel real. I watch his niece and nephew during the week and that is the hardest. They are having a difficult time and have lots of questions.

I have to admit it was hard at times to enjoy ourselves with all that rain! Especially since it was trevs wish trip and knowing we will probably never come back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter