Treehouse Villas

DB&KS

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering how many SSR owners are planning on trying to reserve a Treehouse and what dates are you trying for?

I would like to try one, but not sure when.

Our trip in June, or Dec??

But if I tell you, you may try and take my dates. . .. :rotfl: No I am not really that paranoid. . Anyhow, taking a whole gang of folks and hope to get two for November 21-November 26 (yup I am checking out on Thanksgiving. . .)

But if I tell you, you may try and take my dates. . .. :rotfl: No I am not really that paranoid. . Anyhow, taking a whole gang of folks and hope to get two for November 21-November 26 (yup I am checking out on Thanksgiving. . .)

I am hoping to be able to get in for the first week of December and I was curious how many others were going to be on the phone February 8th. I thought I was the only paranoid one here.......:rotfl2:

Thanks for sharing everyone!

Ok you can have those dates as I'm trying for Nov 19 -21 for two nights after our cruise.

Doesn't DVC have to sell more SSR points once they put the tree houses into the mix? When they converted the show models at BWV, they added more points, and that's when we bought direct with an incentive.. I don't understand how they can begin booking without another sales initiative.

Bobbi:confused3

I was sure that they would have started selling more SSR points based on THV declarations by now. Nothing stops DVC from holding onto the points and using them as developer points or CRO cash reservations but can not see the financial reason. I thought they were just waiting to a certain percent complete but if they are not past that by now there is no way they are going to open in June.

bookwormde

Nothing stops DVC from holding onto the points and using them as developer points or CRO cash reservations but can not see the financial reason.

Well, right now SSR is really the only source of developer's points to offer as incentives with BLT & AKV sales, and I would guess that even once excess BLT & Kidani inventory could be made available for developers points they would still rather give out SSR developers points. Nothing against SSR- I just think the newest properties would be easier to rent to cash clients because it's human nature to want to try new things.

OK...so are you saying that the points for these villas won't be sold, but will be kept by DVC to be used as DP? If that's the case, they won't have to be used exclusively at SSR, will they? That is after the 7 month booking time comes?

Bobbi:goodvibes

I was just wondering how many SSR owners are planning on trying to reserve a Treehouse and what dates are you trying for?

Dunno yet. I would like to see more info. about them from DVC other than "artist conception" drawings and point charts. Will there be any transportation provided over to the main pool and dining facilities at SSR or will it all be pathways that you have to walk? What will be at the pool area for the Treehouses? Will it just be a dinky quiet pool (probably yes). Will there be any other ammenities? Since we typically use DME and don't have a car on site the logistics are important to me.

We may try for one for 2010....dunno yet.

We are trying to get one the week after Thanksgiving, Nov.29 - Dec.5th. This will be the first time we will be traveling during the Christmas season and the first time we will be driving down. I see that it might be a popular time for others too. We will have two vehicles with us so the other logistics just don't matter to us much...

Happy travels all. . .

So far no one has posted my dates of Oct 17 - 31st. Was going to try and book the second week at BCV but people on the boards are stating that things are a little shabby over there!

I definitely want to stay at THV sometime, but decided on AKV for a larger family gathering in September 09. I want a few more people along than just DH and I to stay there -- :rotfl2: And after this family trip, I'll be too low on points to do much of anything until 2011.

So far no one has posted my dates of Oct 17 - 31st. Was going to try and book the second week at BCV but people on the boards are stating that things are a little shabby over there!

I don't put much stock in what is written regarding resorts. Nearly every resort had bad things written about them and IMHO there is no DVC resort that is on my "must avoid" list. My whole family enjoyed a wonderful, but chilly, BCV vacation in November. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom with the 2 Q's and a studio. Everyone was pleased, beyond pleased with the stay.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I will be trying to get a THV for our 11/8-14 vacation. I called MS yesterday to add the QS dining plan for 1 night to our June vac. ( first night in a studio) before we check into a GV. The CM said the date to reserve THV was 3/1.???? I may call back and check again because he seemed to be confused about everything I asked him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter