Travel agent or self??

My vote is for you to use a travel agent----that way, if something goes wrong you will have someone to blame and they will have a better chance at fixing it.

I know, I know, I'm awfully cynical for a Disney Fan!

Anyway, I worked as a TA for 10 years and I can tell you that we can sometimes pull strings and have contacts that can "fix" anything that may go wrong.

I don't use a TA. I like to have control over my reservation. If I want to make a change I don't want to have to get in touch with a TA and then wait for them to do it.

Same here. I have heard of people trying to get in touch with their TA and waiting and waiting. For me, the OBC isn't worth not getting what I want because I had to wait for someone to make a change to my reservation that I could easily have done myself.

I don't use a TA. I like to have control over my reservation. If I want to make a change I don't want to have to get in touch with a TA and then wait for them to do it.

That is how I am. Plus I don t like having to wait to get ahold of them or play phone tag and so on and so on.

The onboard credit is nice but not worth it totally to me. I also like just being able to log in and make payments and change as I want and such.

Hello All,

I pose a question to everyone looking for opinions. We often book Disney vacations (WDW and DCL) with short notice. Due to this short notice, we have often used our local AAA rep because we have a personal relationship with our rep. We have personal contact information and she will often work with us in her off time to assist. Booking is always the quick part because we found a great deal. Adding stuff is not a big deal.

My question... Is there a TA that you could recommend that would be able to provide this type of service. We have looked at the OBC's from companies like DU and see that we may get a better deal using them. We recently found a great deal on a cruise on the Dream. We booked it ourselves because there were only 10 rooms left in the 4A category. Only other thing was concierge. After booking we tried DU quote stating that we had already booked. By the time the DU rep got back to us with a quote, there was nothing left but concierge. Maybe our email wasn't clear. When we explained that we had already booked, we were told that we wouldn't get much of an OBC since we had already booked.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I think the last minute service comes from the existing relationship. I am experiencing a similar situation and really beginning to wonder if the OBC is worth dealing with the slow service. No suggestion for a specific TA but just to start somewhere with building a relationship with one with high OBC and hopefully the service will catch up.

Hello All,

I pose a question to everyone looking for opinions. We often book Disney vacations (WDW and DCL) with short notice. Due to this short notice, we have often used our local AAA rep because we have a personal relationship with our rep. We have personal contact information and she will often work with us in her off time to assist. Booking is always the quick part because we found a great deal. Adding stuff is not a big deal.

My question... Is there a TA that you could recommend that would be able to provide this type of service. We have looked at the OBC's from companies like DU and see that we may get a better deal using them. We recently found a great deal on a cruise on the Dream. We booked it ourselves because there were only 10 rooms left in the 4A category. Only other thing was concierge. After booking we tried DU quote stating that we had already booked. By the time the DU rep got back to us with a quote, there was nothing left but concierge. Maybe our email wasn't clear. When we explained that we had already booked, we were told that we wouldn't get much of an OBC since we had already booked.

I've merged your thread with another thread on the same topic.

I book with a Travel Agent just to get the onboard credits.

I use Dreams Unlimited Travel (which owns the DISboards!) I have had a fantastic experience working with them! My TA answers any questions I have! But I can book all my excursions, reservations, spa reservations, etc. all myself directly through Disney!

I think the last minute service comes from the existing relationship. I am experiencing a similar situation and really beginning to wonder if the OBC is worth dealing with the slow service. No suggestion for a specific TA but just to start somewhere with building a relationship with one with high OBC and hopefully the service will catch up.

The slowness is what kills it for me. I tried to do one recently and it took two days to get a quote and then I asked a question about having a different room if it was available and by the time she got back the window to book at that price was over and it was evening so she was out of office and calling meant answering maching. So not worth it

In all honesty, I probably should be a Travel Agent with all the research I do for our cruises, airlines, hotels, transportation, etc. because I like nice things but at a bargain price (or at least try to). But with the past few Disney Cruises, I have used a TA @ www.smallworldvacations.com because of the onboard credit and because I didn't have time to book 5+ cabins especially since Disney's website stinks and you have to constantly call them.

I have been so happy with my TA that we have referred a bunch of our friends and family to her because she's on top of stuff (and I'm sort of a control freak and like things done ASAP).

Other than the cruise, I book our flights, hotels, transportation/rental cars, trip insurance, etc. by myself.

Hello All,

If you had to PIF when you booked, you can't then transfer to a TA. Some of the great last minute deals have to be PIF on booking, so you either have to go through the TA before booking or no OBC.

Nancy

I just want to say thank you for your opinions and being honest. I am reading through all the posts and am finding a lot of great information. I am still deciding what to do but the biggest advantage seems to be the SBC and the ease of using a TA. Thanks again!

I do it myself I love to plan and research everything. Plus I have way more than enough time on my hand. It keeps me busy!! I sully start planning a year in advance to make sure everything is right

I always book my vacations myself - I find it's part of the fun, and I really don't like having to go through someone else to make any changes. I want to be able to adjust things when and how I want them, without relying on someone else. Also, I'm so picky about some things, I just know I would be very annoying to my agent because I would be constantly asking him/her to double check things. Doing it myself online I can be obsessive over it as much as I like without breathing down someone's neck!

Aby

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter