Transportation to/from airport from Universal Resort

I am staying at Cabana Bay in September. I'm not looking for the best transportation experience to/from I'm just looking for the cheapest (within reason - not public transit). Are shuttles the way to go then? Mears offers a shuttle for $18/person/way so $72 for 2 adults. I understand Uber may be cheaper on the way back to the airport but they aren't allowed to pick up from the airport correct?
If you could get a cheap car rental rate with one of the Internet companies, it could be cheaper than a shuttle

Use the car for one way to the hotel then have it picked up that day
You will avoid parking charges at the hotel then
Check the companies that service the hotel or those nearby

Try über for your return to the airport.

These ways are faster than the shuttle

If you don't want to deal with a car rental find out the round trip cost of star shuttles

Most private car service will cost between $85-$100 for round trip
That transportation would be the quickest

I'll definitely check into all of those options. Since we are staying at two different places, it seems like it will make everything more difficult. We thought about renting a car for the week, but with having to pay to park every night at both resorts, as well as the stress of driving around an area that we are not familiar with, I kind of ruled that out right away. Not sure if we would be better off to just take a taxi from the airport or do a car service. That's why I'm starting now - to see what all of our options are. We've never been to UO or Nick resort so I want to make sure I know ahead of time what we are doing so it goes smoothly. I really appreciate all of the advice I can get!

It's not that far from Nick hotel to UO
Maybe uber that with using the discount code

Transportation board had some threads on uber

Hopefully others will drop in here to give you better ideas tha I have

Thanks! I know Nick has a shuttle to UO, but I think it goes to the parks. I don't know if they would let us use it with our luggage to get to our hotel.

why don't you call the nick hotel so you can get the info?
this way you can decide what other options you have.

the Star shuttle does go to various hotels before the parks.
the one from the airport allows luggage.
don't know if the shuttle from Nick has its own or participates in one that services other hotels.

maybe read some of the trip reports in the UO forum and see how others traveled from Nick to the UO hotels?

i don't have the answer for you but trying to brainstorm here.

like i said before, hope someone that has experienced what you need will post here.
all i can do is keep this thread up high on the list so it catches someone's eye.

I just emailed Nickelodeon Resort. They have a free shuttle to all WDW parks and IOA and US. I asked if they would take us with luggage, and they said "The shuttle is included in the resort fee and as long as you keep your wristband on and make a reservation for the shuttle at the Nick Stuff store that should be no problem." So, I will now only need transportation from airport to Nick Resort and then from hotel to airport.

I've used Execucar on our three trips to the US from Australia most recently in December 2015. A town car meet and greet ie driver waiting for you before baggage claim, from MCO to HRH was $74.34 inc tip. This did include a $7 web discount promo code.

I know this will sound dense, but does anyone know if the price you get from Tony Hinds includes the tip? We always tip, but his price quote is about 30% more then I would pay a cab, so just wondering.

The price for his fare does not include tip

Ask him if he realizes that the cab fare is a lot less than his quote to you

He doesn't match uber

Thanks. When he first quoted me the price, I thought it was a little high. But he has such great reviews, I just left it at that. But then I made the mistake of googling cab prices, and was surprised at how much more his price quote was. I did not even check uber. Maybe because we are a large family (5), it is more --or the cab fare would end up being more then the online calculator? Not really sure but I guess I could call and ask. Thanks again.

Has anyone used the Universal shuttle you can book with a package? There would be 3 of us so the cost seems to be the same as some of the other options. We won't need to stop at a grocery store. I should mention that this will be our first non-Disney Orlando vacation so I'm feeling a little "uneducated"

Thanks!
Michelle

I have tried sending e-mails to Tony and they come back as failed. I have used the one posted here and the one from his webpage.

thanks for coming back and letting us know.

hopefully whatever error was going on with his email system has been corrected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter