Transportation from Airport to Resort?

We used Tony Hinds car service this winter when we needed to get from Sanford to Universal. His fees were very reasonable - he was waiting for us at the airport (my DS thought it was awesome that our name was on a sign!) - really wonderful guy - and he even picked us up on Christmas Day. I highly recommend him.

Kim

We've used Quicksilver to transfer us from Universal stay to WDW. They are very good. I woul avoid taxis at all cost. Lots of gypsy cabs in Orlando. I took one last time locally and meter was spinning so fast it made me dizzy. Meter was up to $10 and we were only a block from hotel. It was a local taxi, and cab driver went into lobby to pay off desk clerk for calling him I guess. Thought a Sheraton would get me a reputable cab? Next time I woukd make sure it was a Mears cab called.

We are flying to St. Pete, another smaller airport, and renting a car. DD will fly in her car seat, which we'll transfer to the rental car. We like having a car at Disney and not relying on buses, but we also lived there for several years and know our way around.

We've used Quicksilver to transfer us from Universal stay to WDW. They are very good. I woul avoid taxis at all cost. Lots of gypsy cabs in Orlando. I took one last time locally and meter was spinning so fast it made me dizzy. Meter was up to $10 and we were only a block from hotel. It was a local taxi, and cab driver went into lobby to pay off desk clerk for calling him I guess. Thought a Sheraton would get me a reputable cab? Next time I woukd make sure it was a Mears cab called.

We are planning on taking a cab from the BC to the Poly. Do you think the BC will get us a reputable cab company? I'm a little worried now after reading your post.

We are planning on taking a cab from the BC to the Poly. Do you think the BC will get us a reputable cab company? I'm a little worried now after reading your post.
I believe that the Mears cabs are the ones you are going to see on-site, for the most part.

Yes. The only cabs that are allowed to line up (and we've ridden in) outside of the BC and other Disney owned resorts are Mears cabs.

Last edited:
EKorgan2@aol.com
He's a Dis Board member and I recently got a quote under $200.00, but our vehicle was just for 2. I would also suggest as you check out this option, some vans that are rented thru a car service allow more room, private to your party and cost less many times than the car service.

Ed Korgan, Airport Transportation, Orlando and Sanford, Florida

I've had past experiance and am using him again in June. :)

Thanks! We've actually considered a limo-the prices aren't as bad as we would expect. Did you price out different limo services?

We really like to use Happy Limo and My daughter and I will be using them from Sanford to WDW in early May. I enjoy kicking back and letting someone else worry about the traffic and my kids enjoy the ride. Sometimes we get a grocery stop sometimes we don't. We have no problem with Disney transportation though so not having a car works well for us. Last year we flew into Clearwater/St. Pete and the ride back the traffic was very heavy with lots of stop and go due to construction and some accidents. It was great to sit back and not worry the drive.

We really like to use Happy Limo and My daughter and I will be using them from Sanford to WDW in early May. I enjoy kicking back and letting someone else worry about the traffic and my kids enjoy the ride. Sometimes we get a grocery stop sometimes we don't. We have no problem with Disney transportation though so not having a car works well for us. Last year we flew into Clearwater/St. Pete and the ride back the traffic was very heavy with lots of stop and go due to construction and some accidents. It was great to sit back and not worry the drive.
Thank you-we will have to look into them! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter