Transportation from Airport to Resort?

Kim M

Earning My Ears
Any tips on transportation from the Orlando-Sanford Airport to a Disney Resort? It doesn't appear that Disney offers transportation from this airport if we are understanding correctly. We will have 2 adults and 3 kids.

My family, 2 adults and 2 urchins, flew into Orlando-Sanford 6 years ago and rented a limo to get from there to WDW. I don't recall how much it was but it was the most reasonable alternative we could find at the time given the distance and size of the group. If a rental car works better for you, all of the major companies were in the airport. We have driven on every trip since then but I hope my information is of some help.

My family, 2 adults and 2 urchins, flew into Orlando-Sanford 6 years ago and rented a limo to get from there to WDW. I don't recall how much it was but it was the most reasonable alternative we could find at the time given the distance and size of the group. If a rental car works better for you, all of the major companies were in the airport. We have driven on every trip since then but I hope my information is of some help.
Thanks for the advice. We are debating on a rental car but then would also have to figure out carseats as well-my oldest can do a booster but my other two still need the five point harness. Not sure I would have thought about a limo, but it sounds like it could be a good option. So, I'm assuming we are correct that Disney does not have transportation for this airport?

We used to rent a car and car seats from the rental company. Not the best, but it did the job. We only needed it to get to the resort and back. We fly only into MCO now for the Magical Express, but the other way wasn't horrible.

How long does it take for ME to get you from Mco to Poly or GF or PO? for examples.. Thanks.

The last time we hired a car service to get us to WDW from Sanford, it was $200, plus tip. We drove the other times...it was much cheaper that way.
But, if you don't want to worry about lugging car seats, then a car service may be the best option.
It is almost an hour from Sanford to WDW.

A few options I can think of:
- Taxi or car service, probably the most expensive
- Rent a car. If you don't want to keep it, rent from SFB and drop at the Car Care Center (near Magic Kingdom) or the Dolphin. (Alamo/National) Also price out keeping it, even if you don't want to use it. Roundtrip rentals are usually less expensive.
- Check with Mears and see if they have a shuttle.
- An odd one: take a taxi/shuttle (if it exists) from SFB to MCO, then take DME from there. MCO is somewhat closer to SFB than WDW is, so I would expect the taxi to be a little less expensive. (If you were to do this, you'd have to set up a dummy flight arriving at MCO for DME). This option would definitely take more time than any of the above.

I don't think Mears has a shuttle of any kind running to Sanford. There may be one through Allegiant Air though.

How long does it take for ME to get you from Mco to Poly or GF or PO? for examples.. Thanks.
Typically, it takes from 60 to 90 minutes from the time you get off the plane at MCO to the time you arrive at your WDW resort when using DME. There are lots of variables that can affect the actual time:
1. How long you wait to get on a DME bus at MCO.
2. How long before the bus actually leaves MCO (sometimes you get on a bus and wait while it fills with other guests).
3. Traffic between MCO and WDW.
4. The number and order of stops at other resorts before you arrive at yours.

The actual drive time is about 30-35 minutes.

I know the distance in miles - i always drive - just wondering how many pickups there are, if i'd be waiting for ME to arrive; who gets dropped off first.....

I know the distance in miles - i always drive - just wondering how many pickups there are, if i'd be waiting for ME to arrive; who gets dropped off first.....
There are no set routes/stops for DME. It is driven by the number and destinations of guests arriving/departing at any given time.

The most common answer is to allow 60 - 90 minutes regardless of which resort you are going to. There are no set routes, resorts or wait times - it depends on what the need is at the time you arrive at the DME area at MCO. It could be less than 60 minutes if everything is perfect (bus leaves as soon as you board, minimal traffic on the road, first resort on the route) or it could take well over 2 hours if there are problems (it happened to us twice.) They tend to group the resorts that are in close proximity so while we've been on routes that included PO and the Epcot resorts, we have never been on a bus that went to both the Epcot and MK resorts.

The last time we hired a car service to get us to WDW from Sanford, it was $200, plus tip. We drove the other times...it was much cheaper that way.
But, if you don't want to worry about lugging car seats, then a car service may be the best option.
It is almost an hour from Sanford to WDW.
Thanks for the advice! We figured we would end up renting the car seats if need be.

A few options I can think of:
- Taxi or car service, probably the most expensive
- Rent a car. If you don't want to keep it, rent from SFB and drop at the Car Care Center (near Magic Kingdom) or the Dolphin. (Alamo/National) Also price out keeping it, even if you don't want to use it. Roundtrip rentals are usually less expensive.
- Check with Mears and see if they have a shuttle.
- An odd one: take a taxi/shuttle (if it exists) from SFB to MCO, then take DME from there. MCO is somewhat closer to SFB than WDW is, so I would expect the taxi to be a little less expensive. (If you were to do this, you'd have to set up a dummy flight arriving at MCO for DME). This option would definitely take more time than any of the above.
Thanks! These are a lot of great suggestions! I really appreciate it. We will look into these and price them out. :)

We've used Town car services, Happy Limo and Quick Silver. It's usually much quicker to clear immigration and get out of Sanford airport. Our Limo driver was waiting with a sign for us and we were at our resort within about 40 mins.

We've used Town car services, Happy Limo and Quick Silver. It's usually much quicker to clear immigration and get out of Sanford airport. Our Limo driver was waiting with a sign for us and we were at our resort within about 40 mins.
Thanks! We've actually considered a limo-the prices aren't as bad as we would expect. Did you price out different limo services?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter