Trail's End Buffet

tami82

DIS Veteran
Has anyone eaten here and is it any good? We would be coming from CR and they said we would have to take a small bus ride about 20 mins from the entrance????

The food is very yummy over there .I love there fried chicken last time I was there we did a late dinner and walked over to the beach and watched wishes it was awesome.Far as travel there it is a tough one because the bus will drop you off at the outpost then u will need to take a bus to the settlement where trails end is.It might be little quicker if u go to magic kingdom and take the boat over thats allot of fun get off the dock and its a very short walk to trails end.if you do take the bus take the settlement purple bus that takes you right there with a few stops.If you take the orange bus they stop along the campground.

the contemporary right? the monorail to MK then boat it across, faster? and a nice ride........its a short walk to eat once your dropped by boat. Otherwise its an external bus THEN an internal bus.....
we're going this year too!

I went there earlier this week for lunch for the first time and was not very pleased. It really just felt like Disney's version of a Golden Corral, which there is nothing wrong with except there is one of those very close and it cost much less. The food was kept at the correct temp and the buffet area was clean but the food itself seemed over salted and the chicken was very dry. Our server was not very good, but that just happens sometime. If you were staying at Fort Wilderness I could see eating there because of the convenience but if you are traveling to get there I just don't think it is worth it.

Generally the food is good, home cooking type, nothing fancy. Very relaxed feel to the whole area.

As for getting there from CR, there is a boat that runs between WL-CR-FW(am WL-CR-FW-WL after 3pm WL-FW-CR-WL), from the dock it is a very short walk to TE.

thanks everyone!
so there is a boat i can take from Contemporary REsort to FW?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter