Traditions

I don't really have any traditions because I have been with different people each time I have gone to Florida. I always seem to go to Seaworld on the first day though :)

We used to always eat at Cosmic Ray's as our first CS and would have to wait until he had sung Space Angel before we could leave! Don't ask me why!
This lasted for several years, but has now fizzled out. I don't really know why it became traditional, and I don't really know why it has stopped. LOL
Carolyn

Verity, You and me both. I forgot that one! We don't leave the park until it's virtually empty. We like to sit on the rocking chairs on Main Street drinking hot chocolate and eating brownies just watching all the people leave and wishing we didn't have to.

I am going to sound really sad here but we always stay at a Disney hotel so the first thing we do when we get to the room is check out the '10 Best Things to Do at Disney' on the TV.....we always check the presenter out at give her marks out of 10 and compare her to the previous presenters!!!! :rotfl2:

Our first park is usually either Universal or Magic Kingdom.

No real traditions as such although there are a few shops we try and get to as soon as we can....
The aim of our holiday is for our son to have a wonderful time, so the plan is get to the parks early and get him on some of his favourite rides each time we go.

Guess our holiday motto is 'if Joshua is happy then so are we'. :)

We like having onion rings with fabulous ranch dressing from Johnny Rockets (although Pointe Orlando isn't really worth the trip anymore). We always bag a spot in the outside seating area by Rose and Crown for IllumiNations, and have fish and chips. Oooh, thinking about it, most of our traditions are based on food!! :blush:

We have to visit Epcot on the first day. This is a nice, laid back and leisurely park and helps us get aclimatised. Usually we leave around 2pm and head back to the pool to just chill out.

If we stay on I-Drive, we MUST go into MacDonalds the night we arrive, don't know why, just a part of the routine ! (and a part of being British !)

I always have a little grizzle as we drive away from the airport towards our accommodation. Then again when we pass under the 'Welcome to Walt Disney World' sign. And again when I glimpse Spaceship Earth for the first time each trip! :sad1:

These aren't customs which can never be broken, but they have happened often enough to be classed as traditions, I think:

Boma for breakfast on the first morning (although we won't be doing it next trip);
Epcot on first day (ditto);
Lunch at RFC when we visit AK (mainly because we don't rate the other offerings);
Lunch at Hard Rock Cafe (don't think we have ever missed this);
Lunch at the Cheesecake Factory at Mall at Millenia (although I'm currently preferring McCormick & Schmicks);
Lazing away at Margaritaville :teeth: ;
Trip to the ESPN bar;
Drinks around the World;
Drinks around the monorail (are you spotting a theme? ;) );
Spending a fortune in Tommy Bahama (both guilty here, not just me!);
Trip to Downtown Disney on the final day for last minute shopping;
A pre-flight Manhatten or three in the lobby of the Hyatt MCO.

And, of course, there's the new tradition of a Hooters visit :rolleyes: . I'm also keen to make a tradition of Blue Martini at Mall at Millenia.

There are quite a few rides which I love, albeit that I could happily wander around the parks without doing any. If I'm being really honest, though, these are the only ones which are total 'must-dos' and which I don't think I've ever missed:

BTMR;
Haunted Mansion;
Carousel of Progress;
Spaceship Earth;
R 'n' R;
Kilimanjaro Safaris;
MiB;
Spiderman.

My current two favourite rides are Soarin' and The Mummy.

i guess we just have one big tradition - go to WDW every year....for as long as possible...despite everyone making fun of us for going every year.....

other than WDW, for the past 5 years we've ended our holiday in New York City staying at the Waldorf Towers and seeing as many Broadway musicals as humanly possible in the period of time.....(i pre-order all the tickets to make sure we'll have seats)....

disneyholic family said:
other than WDW, for the past 5 years we've ended our holiday in New York City staying at the Waldorf Towers and seeing as many Broadway musicals as humanly possible in the period of time.....(i pre-order all the tickets to make sure we'll have seats)....

New York and Florida are my two fave places so that is a great way to end your holiday!!

Strommie said:
New York and Florida are my two fave places so that is a great way to end your holiday!!

new york and WDW for me....(i won't go so far as to say florida - which i could live without if not for WDW)....

Although it's not exactly a tradition (and it's not even a choice, LOL!), but I always feel like I have 'arrived' on the tram journey at MCO from the satellite gates to the main terminal. The slight chlorine small from the big water fountain in that end of the terminal is also highly evocative of having arrived, and the first thing I have to do once I'm in the car is tune the radio to 101.1, WJRR ('Orlando's REAL rock station!').

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter