Traditions

wilma-bride

<<This space intentionally blank>>
Following on from Aud's thread about first night eating habits, I wondered if any of you had traditions ie, things you always do when in Orlando/Disney World. Are there places you always go to eat, always visit, things you always do at the parks.

Please share :)

We haven't really been often enough to have any traditions except eating at Denny's the first night and shopping on the first Saturday.

Sea World is usually the first park we visit too :)

Great thread, Joh :)

Offsite, we always eat at Denny's on the first night - for much the same reason as you! This was our first resturant in 1993 and is now a "tradition". If onsite it varies but we more than likely wouldn't have a car so not Denny's :(

We always do MK on the first day. Non negotiable ;)

This is getting to be a sort of tradition, on my first ever visit to WDW my first park was Epcot and first ride was Spaceship Earth, so that was the same for DH when we went on our honeymoon and again for DMIL when we took her to Florida last year as a surprise :teeth:
As for food it is pizza on the night we arrive and then off to Red Lobster for our first off site meal. We used to also go to Akershus on every visit at elast once but now the princesses are there that tradition is ruined :cry:
Claire ;)

I proposed to my wife on the edge of the drop on Dudley Do-Right's, so that's always the first ride of the holiday. Corny, but it didn't give her time to think.

(It's also become traditional for her to whinge about the amount of time I spend in Outdoor World on I-drive.)

Joh

First day is ALWAYS Animal Kingdom with breakfast at Donalds....this is DH tradition. He won't budge LOL ;)

always do magic kingdom on the first day and always go over on the ferryboat,always ride small world first!
Oh yes and always spend too much money :rotfl:

brer rabbit 28 said:
always do magic kingdom on the first day and always go over on the ferryboat,always ride small world first!
Oh yes and always spend too much money :rotfl:
Well, I've only been the once but we also went to Magic Kingdom by ferryboat and I can't imagine ever doing it differently. :)

i love the ferryboat,i always want to cry when i see the castle for the first time,especially if the sun is sparkling on the water.Oh,hang on i'm getting all emotional now!

We always do Epcot first day because it was the first one we ever did and the tradition has sort of stuck. We go straight to Mission Space to get it out of the way (I absolutely hate it but the rest of the family moan if I don't go on) then on to Test Track. Only trouble is now they have added Soaring (which is just fantastic) we won't know which to do first. :flower:

ours is to eat at rainforest on the first night we get there, and also to go to walmart te first day too lol

I always kiss my Dumbo's nose and have my photo taken with Mickey at least once. We also say the spanish phrase (which I can say but can't spell!) along with the monorail soundtrack. :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Always go to DTD on the first morning, book Cirque tickets, have a look in Hoipoloi and then have a barbacue chicken pizza at Wolfgang pucks - has become a tradition now for us.

Its great sitting outside opposite the Virgin megastore and watching the people go by :teeth: while enjoying the Florida sunshine. :sunny:

Every time we stay at The Polynesian we head straight to Kona Cafe after unpacking, for a delicious Kona Coffee and to plan out the rest of our day :sunny: :love:

:wizard:

Normally for us, first day is always Animal Kingdom. We are still getting used to getting there and we seem to cope with this park the best. :sunny:

Sue :wave:

Every visit I always try and have my photo took at Partners statue in MK.

Downtown Disney on the first evening (or next morning now that we have children). Magic Kingdom as the first park.

I know that 'once' doesn't make a tradition but we will probably repeat last trips visit to Walmart - I didn't even dare go in the Christmas department (I would probably still be there now (12 months later!))

We always go to MK on the first day and ride Its a small world first as this is the first ride we ever went on!!

we always chill out on the first day just go shopping or for a drive or a swim etc...and buy bluberry muffins...very important

we then scoff the muffins in the car the next morning as a breakfast treat on the way to epcot!!!!

I would LOVE to have a WDW tradition but I base my plan on Logic not emotion.

Altough Animal Kingdom on the first day when you are guaranteed to be up early and have tons of energy does make alot of sense!

:flower:

Jodie

we always spend our last evening at MK watching SM and Wishes (and crying, well I am anyway!). :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter