Trader Sams

While in Disney last week, and staying at the Poly, a must do for me was Trader Sams. My daughter just turned 21, so we decided to go there. A group of 4 of went on a Monday night about 11 pm. There was a very small crowd, but a lot of chaos going on. The staff is working very hard to entertain you. WHile I'm no stranger to the costs of drinks in Disney... I regularly will order a moscow mule or a Mojito which I know are $9.25; the prices of drinks in Trader Sams are outrageous. Beware... the Uh-Oha a drink in a bowl (which they suggest you use for a future batch of guacamole was $40... thats right $40. The Nautilus was $52. Our bill for 4 drinks was $129. My suggestion... ask for the price list when you are going to order. The place is awesome, and there are lots of interactive entertainment going on... be prepared to be encouraged to participate. Maybe, I should have just ordered a beer!

We have been to Trader Sams a couple of times and headed down there next week. Unless things have changed all the drinks are served in the souvenir cups BUT it is optional to purchase the cup. We had 1 waiter who was very clear on it and we let them know that we did not want to purchase the cup. We had another server that just rang up the drinks as if we were keeping the glasses, she corrected it when we rec'd the bill, but we had to let her know. Also you do not keep the sticky wet glass you were drinking out of, they will give you a boxed one when at the door when you show them your receipt. The drinks without purchasing the cups are on the higher end but they are definitely strong and also can be quite large depending on what you purchase.

We have been to Trader Sams a couple of times and headed down there next week. Unless things have changed all the drinks are served in the souvenir cups BUT it is optional to purchase the cup. We had 1 waiter who was very clear on it and we let them know that we did not want to purchase the cup. We had another server that just rang up the drinks as if we were keeping the glasses, she corrected it when we rec'd the bill, but we had to let her know. Also you do not keep the sticky wet glass you were drinking out of, they will give you a boxed one when at the door when you show them your receipt. The drinks without purchasing the cups are on the higher end but they are definitely strong and also can be quite large depending on what you purchase.

Has anyone been recently? What time of day did you go and how long was the wait? Thanks for any help!

I agree, some of those drinks are quite large and meant to be shared by two or more people. Like when I was there, the group of young women next to me got an Uh-oa and shared it with 3 or 4 straws. They even let me taste it. I got the Hippopotamaitai and that was more for one person and kind of strong tasting, but I do like the glass and have it on my desk at work, lol.

Has anyone been recently? What time of day did you go and how long was the wait? Thanks for any help!

We were there on Wednesday- put our names down at 3:55 and walked in at 4. But it's a low crowd week.

Also wanted to let people know that Falernum contains nut extract so nut-allergic people will need to order accordingly (so no nautilus, or uh-Oa among others). No substitute for Falernum like simple syrup available.

My husband and I went to Trader Sam's a few weeks ago on our trip to the Polynesian we did not enjoy it there at all. I know we are in the minority in that opinion. We were so excited to go there after all the reviews we had read and videos of the place we had watched. We had even discussed getting the Nautilus mug with the drink so that we could display it at home on our mantel. We knew the high costs going in that was not the problem. The problem was our server he was rude and his schtick was downright obnoxious he was not funny though he was certainly amusing himself. He made me feel downright that he did not like us either he was not friendly or nice at all. There were about three effects that happened the whole time we were there for the hour and a half. It was dark, dreary, and boring in our opinion. We took our boys with us who are 15 and 19 and got them kids drinks but they hated it too. They thought it was boring and awful as well. Every now and then the waiters and waitresses would shout and do something that I think was supposed to be funny but I guess my family was not in on the jokes we did not find it funny or entertaining in the least. Due to the rudeness of our server we decided not to buy the mugs for home we did not want a memory of that place. The waiter rang up all the drinks we ordered with the mugs included without asking us which I also thought was a little sleazy. Then when we told him we did not want the mugs he had a little bit of attitude though he did take the money for the mugs off. I have to say that the drinks we had there were not anything special in my opinion either I did not think they tasted that good. We had the nautilus drink, the zombie head drink, and another one but really nothing special. I liked waiting outside better with the man playing the ukulele and wished we had just stayed out there. It was the absolute biggest waste of money on our otherwise really amazing trip.

My husband and I went to Trader Sam's a few weeks ago on our trip to the Polynesian we did not enjoy it there at all. I know we are in the minority in that opinion. We were so excited to go there after all the reviews we had read and videos of the place we had watched. We had even discussed getting the Nautilus mug with the drink so that we could display it at home on our mantel. We knew the high costs going in that was not the problem. The problem was our server he was rude and his schtick was downright obnoxious he was not funny though he was certainly amusing himself. He made me feel downright that he did not like us either he was not friendly or nice at all. There were about three effects that happened the whole time we were there for the hour and a half. It was dark, dreary, and boring in our opinion. We took our boys with us who are 15 and 19 and got them kids drinks but they hated it too. They thought it was boring and awful as well. Every now and then the waiters and waitresses would shout and do something that I think was supposed to be funny but I guess my family was not in on the jokes we did not find it funny or entertaining in the least. Due to the rudeness of our server we decided not to buy the mugs for home we did not want a memory of that place. The waiter rang up all the drinks we ordered with the mugs included without asking us which I also thought was a little sleazy. Then when we told him we did not want the mugs he had a little bit of attitude though he did take the money for the mugs off. I have to say that the drinks we had there were not anything special in my opinion either I did not think they tasted that good. We had the nautilus drink, the zombie head drink, and another one but really nothing special. I liked waiting outside better with the man playing the ukulele and wished we had just stayed out there. It was the absolute biggest waste of money on our otherwise really amazing trip.

Call their management!!! Let them know!!!!!

We're suckers for souvenir mugs and look at it as part of the experience - we "earned" the entire set of DL Trader Sam mugs this past May and are looking forward to earning the entire set at WDW (maybe not in one trip since there is much more to do at WDW and its more spread out). Love the Tiki Mugs - we keep them on a shelf on our wet bar and actually use them!

Can I order a beer at Trade Sams?

Thanks.

What is the typical drink to order where you get a tiki mug? I don't want to spend $50 a drink :(

We didn't care for the drinks we ordered at Trader's Sams the and waiter allowed us to reorder and get an ordinary drink, charging us only for the drinks we drank. Everything they had extra ingredients of stuff I never heard of. They would not serve us a drink that was on the menu at Kona Cafe though. The waiter said we had to go to that lounge. It was very dark. I think if I had a buzz on I would have enjoyed the show more. It is more fun if you participate and not just act bored. But having said that, I think I will stick to Tambu Lounge Terrace in cooler weather and Tambu Lounge when it is too hot outside.

we went twice in July. I thought it was a cute addition. I got two pearl drinks. I was told I had to get the souvenir glass. I thought the drinks were pretty good, not great and mine seemed watered down. We went when it opened(around 4pm?) so we did not wait. I would go again, but I think I would try the outside lounge with music or Tambu lounge(always good in the past)

It seems more of a novelty. Maybe something you do once or twice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter