Toy Story Mania, is it really all that?

We enjoy both. I like Toy Story Mania more, but not by leaps and bounds. I think it's super popular at HS because it's a ride that all ages love. With RnRC and TOT being pretty high thrill rides (by WDW standards), there aren't many other rides that the whole family go on. TSMM is one of those, hence, it's popularity!

Dan

I rode it once in my 6 trips down there since it opened. I think it is a decent ride, I would wait 30 minutes so obviously I don't ride it much.

Its a definite fp for us...but not necessarily one we look to ride over and over. We would much rather be on RnR or TT.

Is Toy Story Mania really all that? Is it pretty much the same as that Buzz ride in the Magic Kingdom?

Ive never rode it so I went and watched a youtube video of it. No thanks. It def looks fun but there is no way I'd wait over 20 mins for it and no way I'd waste a FP+ on it.

Is Toy Story Mania really all that? Is it pretty much the same as that Buzz ride in the Magic Kingdom?

It's fun. does it warrant the huge lines it usually has? I don't think so. *I* personally prefer Buzz. If we can't get a FP for TSMM we'll often skip it. We usually always do buzz.

I think it's a really fun ride. It's not worth the long lines, but I won't wait in any line longer than 40 minutes. So many other things you can do instead. But it's always a FP+. I think the lines will get drastically better once the third track for it opens.

I think it is a bit over rated (previous mad dash at rope drop etc.) but it is an excellent ride. I think it is so popular in part because it is fun for the entire family. I feel same about Soarin. A bit over rated but still an excellent ride for all ages. I guess this is why they are expanding both of these attractions.

Nothing except front row standing room at a U2 show is worth standing in line for more than 45 minutes.

It's fun, we have waited one time in a longer line - close to an hour - because my younger son was not feeling ToT or RnRC that day, so I took him on that.

Overall, though, I don't think it is worth much more than a 20-30 minute wait TOPS.

No ride is worth more than 30 min for me (eith me kids wiht me, especially) but I would wait for this one. We use FP for it, loved it so much as a family we bought the wii game for home! It's simple but we had a great time and I am looking forward to it in the fall!

This is a wonderful ride! It is a ton of fun! I enjoy riding it each time I visit, but I would not wait over an hour for it. I always get there at park opening or have a fastpass for it. Compared to the Buzz ride, it is MUCH better. :)

Not really much alike other than you are shooting at stuff. We rode TSMM for the first time this week and loved it - wish there were more rides at DHS to take some of the pressure off this queue. Definitely recommend this ride.

Its a good family ride but warning your wrist will hurt after.
That last room kills my wrist.

We will and have waited for more than an hour for TSMM, but I refuse to do Buzz unless it's a walk-on. Buzz makes no sense to me since I can't actually tell what I'm doing. TSMM is my favorite ride at WDW, and 2nd Favorite for DH, and we are very competitive with it. We are not morning people, but we do rope drop at DHS so we can do TSMM multiple times. DD finally started keeping her 3D glasses on during our last trip and started playing, and now she loves it too.

I have only done it with hubs, and we had fun on it. However, he prefers actual midway games (yep, he's the one person who likes them in AK) and I like Buzz better. Multiply by 10 if we are in DL - buzz and the midway games were even better there.

I liked buzz better. TSMM made me motion sick or was overwhelming to my equilibrium at least. I don't care if I go on it again ever...

We've only ever ridden once, since we usually skip it due to obscenely-long lines. I think it's quite different from Buzz. I prefer Buzz, since TSMM seems like a glorified video game to me (and I dislike video games).

I agree with the above. I am another one who gets motion sick on TSMM, even after taking a motion sickness pill. It's like an old-fashioned arcade game meets video games. Shooting can be fun, but I don't think the track is visually stimulating; it's like watching a movie or something. We much prefer the bright colors and action of Buzz; I find it far more active, fun, and visually exciting.

We didn't ride TSMM for the first 3 years it was open, due to not being rope-drop people. Finally, we chose to wait in a 90 minute line to ride it, because we had almost 2 hours before our ADR and didn't know what else to do. BIG MISTAKE. The standby-line is NOT fun when it doesn't move; how many times can you look at a chain of "monkey in a barrel" and the floors are solid concrete. It wrecked my back and I was uncomfortable for the rest of the trip. SO NOT WORTH the long wait!

I didn't want to do it at first, but once I got a fast pass+ for it, I was so happy! It is so fun and the whole family loves it because it isn't just hitting a button like on Buzz Lightyear, its more of a pull string.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter