Toy Story 3 in 2-D!

Disney Von Drake

DIS Veteran
I saw both the DVD and the Blu-ray versions of Toy Story 3 today and I can say without reservation that they were better than the 3-D theater version! In reality, the DVD version is the best because the added resolution of Blu-ray has no discernable advantage in the presentation of animated features. The theatrical release of Toy Story 3 in 3-D detracted from the entertainment value of the film. A great film is just that and it doesn’t need technical gimmicks. I had the advantage of being able to watch simultaneous synchronized versions of both the DVD and Blu-ray. Even the sound tracks on each version were indistinguishable from one to the other. The added cost of Blu-ray doesn’t do a thing for movies such as this one.

I think the Blu-Ray was a good reason for not just the picture, which IMO is better, but the extra bonus features, the digital copy, and the regular DVD. I only spent $5 more for the Blu-Ray, and all those things are worth way more then that IMO.

Well I am not surprised about the fact that the 2D is better. It takes a lot to make a really great 3D presentation and nowadays they kinda just heap everything into 3D.

Wow....I have to say that the blu ray version is noticeably better than the dvd version..it just looks better...We saw the movie in 2d in the theater and it was no where near as clear as the blu ray version.

Wow....I have to say that the blu ray version is noticeably better than the dvd version..it just looks better...We saw the movie in 2d in the theater and it was no where near as clear as the blu ray version.
You make an excellent point! The DVD version is more faithful to the 2d theatrical version IMO.

The 3D really bothered my eyes and detracted from the film for me. Don't know why; I loved it in Alice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter