Toy Story 3 in 2-D!

Discussion in 'Disney Movies, Books, TV and Music' started by Disney Von Drake, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Disney Von Drake

Disney Von Drake DIS Veteran

I saw both the DVD and the Blu-ray versions of Toy Story 3 today and I can say without reservation that they were better than the 3-D theater version! In reality, the DVD version is the best because the added resolution of Blu-ray has no discernable advantage in the presentation of animated features. The theatrical release of Toy Story 3 in 3-D detracted from the entertainment value of the film. A great film is just that and it doesn’t need technical gimmicks. I had the advantage of being able to watch simultaneous synchronized versions of both the DVD and Blu-ray. Even the sound tracks on each version were indistinguishable from one to the other. The added cost of Blu-ray doesn’t do a thing for movies such as this one.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneyfav4ever

disneyfav4ever No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep

I think the Blu-Ray was a good reason for not just the picture, which IMO is better, but the extra bonus features, the digital copy, and the regular DVD. I only spent $5 more for the Blu-Ray, and all those things are worth way more then that IMO.

4. Bolvarford

Bolvarford Earning My Ears

Well I am not surprised about the fact that the 2D is better. It takes a lot to make a really great 3D presentation and nowadays they kinda just heap everything into 3D.

5. We-Luv-Disney

We-Luv-Disney "Pork and Bean Smoke! Don't =w=eeze This!"

Wow....I have to say that the blu ray version is noticeably better than the dvd version..it just looks better...We saw the movie in 2d in the theater and it was no where near as clear as the blu ray version.

6. Disney Von Drake

Disney Von Drake DIS Veteran

You make an excellent point! The DVD version is more faithful to the 2d theatrical version IMO.

7. benny02

benny02 Earning My Ears

Yeah it's better to go for Blu-ray than DVD.

8. Grand Duke

Grand Duke Mouseketeer

The 3D really bothered my eyes and detracted from the film for me. Don't know why; I loved it in Alice.

9. Awesome movie. I like this....