Touring Plans Room Request Fax

Used the TP fax service for my recent stay at the Poly with great success! We requested Tokelau, 3rd floor, W facing. We put the 2 end cap room numbers first, in hopes of getting a great castle view. We ended up 4 rooms down from the end, meeting all of the 3 requests. It wasn't the exact room number I was hoping for, but pretty awesome none the less.

It seems like more people are having successes than non-successes! This trip I am staying at All Star Sports (first time) preferred room with annual pass discount. I requested building 6, North facing room, 3rd floor. I think it would be nice to stand on the corridor in the morning drinking my Shakeology over looking the pool and having easy access to the pool & pool bar in the afternoons.

It seems like more people are having successes than non-successes! This trip I am staying at All Star Sports (first time) preferred room with annual pass discount. I requested building 6, North facing room, 3rd floor. I think it would be nice to stand on the corridor in the morning drinking my Shakeology over looking the pool and having easy access to the pool & pool bar in the afternoons.
I've been using the fax service just about since they started it. I need to sit down and determine just how many of my requests have been met. We do 2 way and even 3 way split stays quite often. I'm thinking that I'm pushing 80% of our requests being met, if not more. It's sort of hard to judge since most of the time my requests are pretty generic and I'll count the request met if I get the room that is on the same floor and facing the same direction as my base room on the fax request.

Thank you for this thread! I pay for Touring Plans just for the information and had no idea until today that this exists. We check in on the 19th to POR.

Thank you for this thread! I pay for Touring Plans just for the information and had no idea until today that this exists. We check in on the 19th to POR.
Good luck. In my limited impression with POR I think they are one resort that really tries to bend over backwards to grant requests. They can't get them all of course but they seem to have a pretty high success rate, based on reports.

Good luck. In my limited impression with POR I think they are one resort that really tries to bend over backwards to grant requests. They can't get them all of course but they seem to have a pretty high success rate, based on reports.
Thanks! It is our first time here, and I've heard so many positives we figured we'd try it.

Related question: when I look at a room view on TP and put a comment in the private notes section, the window refreshes to tell me at the top that the room has been added to my favorites. Is there somewhere I can view all my 'favorites' in one place?

Ok, I guess I am clueless. Is there a form on the Touring Plans site you all are filling out to send the fax? Are specific room numbers the way to go, or something more general such as "close to transporation"?

The fax didn't work for me at all. I requested Bldg 6,Flr 3,N-facing room. I paid for a preferred view. I was placed in Bldg 7, flr 3. SSE facing room and i'm pretty sure it's a standard view room. I'm not that upset though. The room is still close enough to everything and very quiet.

The fax didn't work for me at all. I requested Bldg 6,Flr 3,N-facing room. I paid for a preferred view. I was placed in Bldg 7, flr 3. SSE facing room and i'm pretty sure it's a standard view room. I'm not that upset though. The room is still close enough to everything and very quiet.
If you paid for a preferred room and got a standard, you should get money back as you overpaid.

If you paid for a preferred room and got a standard, you should get money back as you overpaid.
Without a doubt. Though I'm not clear on what resort you are even talking about but if it was not what you paid for I would be talking to manager.

Just wondering how people are determining that the fax worked or didn't work. Did your actual resort reservation include any requests when you booked? Did you repeat or change those requests when you faxed? How do you know the fax was the reason you got (or didn't get) your requests?

Just wondering how people are determining that the fax worked or didn't work. Did your actual resort reservation include any requests when you booked? Did you repeat or change those requests when you faxed? How do you know the fax was the reason you got (or didn't get) your requests?
In my case the fax was the only method used to submit a request beyond the very general requests via online check in.

I don't subscribe to the theory that the fax doesn't "work", myself. I accept that it's not always possible for them to meet requests and it isn't that the fax doesn't work, just that they can't meet my requests.

I've always said it can be purely coincidence when they do meet them, of course, but I just don't believe in that many coincidences at once. A few specific instances in our case.

For our stay at ASMu last summer I booked Preferred. I requested Calypso, King, looking out to pool. I got Calypso King looking at pool. King is not a booking category, only request and the only time I requested it was on the fax. So maybe a coincidence we got the building and view but I don't believe it was for a King
At CR last April we booked TPV. I requested an odd number room, upper floor, over the Chef Mickey end. At check in when I asked where our room was they read exactly what I wrote on the fax. I didn't give that info to them any other way, just via the fax and I got a room that fit the exact description I entered on the fax.
At POR last month I booked King and requested building 85, river view. We got a king room in building 85, river view. Maybe a coincidence but seeing as there are king rooms all over I have to think they used my fax to guide them to which building we requested. The only checkin requested was only Corner room, no other. We also got Corner room too
At Poly last summer I booked standard. Via the fax I requested Raratonga, ground floor, facing the monorail, king room. We got exact room I used as the selection choice on the online check in. While the fax doesn't list 1 room it does include a selection of rooms that meet the categories of that room. I don't believe it was coincidence the room they gave us meet exactly all the criteria on that room

I stayed at POP, standard room. I requested 50's section, top floor in my online check in. I asked for Bldg 1950s,Flr 4,NW-facing room.Exmple:3434,3433,3435,3432,3436,3431,3430,3429 which is top floor, lake view. I believe I also mentioned I wanted a quiet room.

We got 2436 which is top floor but not lake view. It was quiet which was nice, and at the end of the row. So I think I got part of what I was asking for? It was ready when we checked in just after noon so that was nice.

I stayed at POP, standard room. I requested 50's section, top floor in my online check in. I asked for Bldg 1950s,Flr 4,NW-facing room.Exmple:3434,3433,3435,3432,3436,3431,3430,3429 which is top floor, lake view. I believe I also mentioned I wanted a quiet room.

We got 2436 which is top floor but not lake view. It was quiet which was nice, and at the end of the row. So I think I got part of what I was asking for? It was ready when we checked in just after noon so that was nice.
During online check in did you by chance indicate that you wanted a room ready early above all else?

During online check in did you by chance indicate that you wanted a room ready early above all else?

I did not, I remember because I wanted the lake view etc. over it being ready when we got there. I was quite surprised it was ready actually.

So if touringplans has already sent my fax will it have any effect on me getting my request if I do the online check in?

So if touringplans has already sent my fax will it have any effect on me getting my request if I do the online check in?

Nope. Just skip the Room Request section during Online Check In and do not check the box that says you would prefer a room ready when you arrive above any requests made.

Okay I'm convinced TP sounds like a good idea. We are staying at OKW in a studio Dec 12-18 on rented points. Will TP fax the request to OKW or DVC member services? The only (and very important ) request we asked to be passed through the member to DVC was handicap accessible as DH is unable to climb stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter