• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Totally Dazed and Confused........

I think the best book is the Universal guide by Kelly Monaghan, it helped me a lot my trip this past Sept. You can get it on Amazon.

I totally agree. I'm a universal fanatic, and I only read this because I try to read anything and everything about Universal. It truly is the best Universal guide book out there.

Another great guidebook is The Unofficial Guide: Beyond Disney and gives great information on the attractions at Universal and the other theme parks in Florida.

Not sure if anyone else has suggested, but www.ioacentral.com is another great website for information about attractions and has a forum for you to post questions that many Universal freaks, including myself, will be happy to answer :)
The same goes for this board too, everyone is very helpful.

Happy planning!

Hello my Universal crazy friends!

I am happy to say that it's almost official; we are in the planning stages of a Universal trip for Feb 2011! :woohoo: I've decided that staying at the Royal Pacific Resort would be best for us and we will be staying there for 5 nights from 2/28-3/5. We purchased our tickets last year when they were $99 so that is all done.

I said earlier that it's almost official because I haven't booked the room yet. I'm waiting for DH to give me the go ahead.

We'll also be in the Orlando area starting on 2/26 and will need a hotel for the 26th and the 27th before we check into the RPR on the 28th. I've been looking at all the budget type hotels in the area and I found an Econo lodge on International Drive. Anyone heard anything good or bad about it?

Oh and I bought the 2011 Universal Orlando Guide by Seth Kubersky with Kelly Monaghan which is AWESOME! Has all the Harry Potter info in it.

So looking forward to this trip!

Wow, a Universal trip years in the making! :laughing: I usually just Hotwire rooms in the Universal area for the best price. Anything about 3* is good, and you could also figure out what you're buying beforehand using betterbidding.com.

Also, use TripAdvisor as a resource.

Good luck!

Wow, a Universal trip years in the making! :laughing: I usually just Hotwire rooms in the Universal area for the best price. Anything about 3* is good, and you could also figure out what you're buying beforehand using betterbidding.com.

Also, use TripAdvisor as a resource.

Good luck!

Wow is right! I didn't realize I had posted back in Dec 2008. :laughing:

I ended up going with the Econo Lodge. I was looking up info about it and said something to DH who said "Well, why don't you book it then." I was like :eek:. I wasn't about to let any grass grow under my feet so I booked away. While I was doing that he said, "Go ahead and look into the cancellation policy of the Royal Pacific and then you can book that tomorrow." Guess what I was doing this morning? We are now booked at the RPR for 5 nights, Feb 28th through Mar 5th. :woohoo:

Wow that is great!! We are also going to Universal for the first time in a few weeks and we are sooooo excited!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Now I'm scared.

I've been reading reviews about the Econo lodge that I booked. Half of them say DO NOT STAY THERE! Bugs, nasty carpets, sticky rooms, gross! The other half say it's the best! Good location, great rooms, clean, friendly staff and to not listen to those giving it bad reviews.

How can everyone's experiences be that different? :confused3

Wow is right! I didn't realize I had posted back in Dec 2008. :laughing:

I ended up going with the Econo Lodge. I was looking up info about it and said something to DH who said "Well, why don't you book it then." I was like :eek:. I wasn't about to let any grass grow under my feet so I booked away. While I was doing that he said, "Go ahead and look into the cancellation policy of the Royal Pacific and then you can book that tomorrow." Guess what I was doing this morning? We are now booked at the RPR for 5 nights, Feb 28th through Mar 5th. :woohoo:

I don't know what rate you were given but when we went I rechecked the rate probably once a week and found that it dropped a couple of times for us. You are going at a time when it shouldn't be busy so you may already have the lowest rate however....it doesn't cost anything to change so I would check every once in a while. If you find it lowers then just call and have it changed :D Our trip has been put on hold until our youngest reaches 54" lol. He is such a coaster fan I want to wait and go back when he can enjoy it all. Hope he grows fast! (5 inches to go :scared1:) Enjoy your trip you are going to have so much fun!!!! Especially staying onsite you will be so spoiled!!!!

I don't know what rate you were given but when we went I rechecked the rate probably once a week and found that it dropped a couple of times for us. You are going at a time when it shouldn't be busy so you may already have the lowest rate however....it doesn't cost anything to change so I would check every once in a while. If you find it lowers then just call and have it changed :D Our trip has been put on hold until our youngest reaches 54" lol. He is such a coaster fan I want to wait and go back when he can enjoy it all. Hope he grows fast! (5 inches to go :scared1:) Enjoy your trip you are going to have so much fun!!!! Especially staying onsite you will be so spoiled!!!!

The rate we got for the RPR is the Stay More, Save More rate of $223.20 for the first 4 nights and then it's $239.20 for the 5th night which is on a Friday. I asked about the AAA rate but was told it was more per night then the SM,SM rate. I will keep checking though just in case.

The rate we got for the RPR is the Stay More, Save More rate of $223.20 for the first 4 nights and then it's $239.20 for the 5th night which is on a Friday. I asked about the AAA rate but was told it was more per night then the SM,SM rate. I will keep checking though just in case.
ours went down even more than that the week before Christmas so definitely keep checking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter