Torn between Cat 10C and 11A on Wonder

Pirate Chica

Earning My Ears
Booked our first Disney cruise for the Wonder on May 2, 2013!

We are currently booked in a deluxe inside cabin (cat 10C) on Deck 2, but saw for the same price, we could get a standard inside cabin (cat 11A) on Deck 7. I like the convenience of being close to the action, but would love to have the extra space in the cabin.

Should I sacrifice the extra sq.ft. and split bath for being two decks below the pool? (and yes, we are skipping the ports to hang out poolside).

TIA

Pirate Chica
Me (39), DH (40), DS (7), and DS/terror (4)

We have had both a standard inside cabin and with the split bath.
When it is just my husband and myself the standard is fine but when we take the grandsons we so enjoy having the split bath. It just makes life a lot easier.
Either way enjoy!!

Having been in the TINY inside staterooms on Carnival ships, with the single bathroom, and the GIANT inside staterooms on the Disney ships, the extra space and the bathroom are more than enough incentive to go with the Cat. 10 instead of the 11, no matter the location. (For me, anyway!)

Your signature shows 4 of you in the cabin - keep the split bath cat 10C, although Disney staterooms are reportedly amongst the most generously proportioned any extra space is always welcome especially when cabins have 4 in them.

Mel
x

My husband, our DS (who was 7 at the time) and I stayed in an 11A last July and it was more than big enough for the three of us. Being midship and closer to the action was worth losing some space. We basically just slept and showered in the room anyway!

If you have 4 people in your room, the split bathroom and extra space will be nice. We stayed on deck 2 before and it really wasn't a big issue, just a few more flights up to all the action.

I love deck 2. Sure, it's harder to get to the pool, but easier access to the dining rooms and the goings-on on Decks 3 and 4. It sounds like the pool means a GREAT deal to you and your party though.

We're a family of 4. We've been in a cat 9 (same as 10 but with window) on deck 2 on the Magic then in cat 11 on deck 6 on the Wonder. We did NOT like the cat 11, even though it was more midship and several decks up. We felt so cramped and really missed that little extra amount of space.

We also felt less motion on deck2. I've never slept better than I have on the Magic on deck2. We felt a lot of motion just about every night on the Wonder on deck 6 and not once did I sleep near as good (and we had 15 nights!)

With 4 people a split bath is REALLY nice..I would stay the course.

On the classic ships, the size difference is not really "living space." It reflects the difference between the single and split bath and the slightly larger entry way outside the bathrooms.

For 4 of you, keep the split bath!

My mom and the kids were in the standard inside room last year, across the hall from our verandah room ;) Boy, did they see the difference! It was only 3 of them, but the split bath was soooo nice. I say keep the space. DH felt so guilty for doing that to them, this year we had connecting verandah rooms. :lovestruc

Thank you all so much for your responses! I guess we'll keep the split bath and sacrifice location. I've only cruised on Carnival and NCL and always done inside, which I'm used to. So I guess the more sq.ftage would be nice for once.

Yaaaay! My first Disney cruise! Can't wait!

Thank you all so much for your responses! I guess we'll keep the split bath and sacrifice location. I've only cruised on Carnival and NCL and always done inside, which I'm used to. So I guess the more sq.ftage would be nice for once.

Yaaaay! My first Disney cruise! Can't wait!

I don't think you're sacrificing location at all. I used to think higher was better. However, after staying once on deck 6 and twice on deck 2, deck 2 is closer to where most of the action is - unless you spend all your time at the pools. (I spend NO time at the pool!)

Sounds like you made your decision, but here's a vote for going to the 11A higher up. We had the exact same choice last year and took the 11A on deck 7. We had 2 seven-year-olds with us in the room and found no conflicts at all having "just" a single bath. We have had a split bath on previous cruises (Cat 4 and Cat 8) and did not miss it.

We also spend a lot of time on the pool deck and sports deck, so we found being closer to those decks convenient. For us, that was higher on our priority list. Definitely a personal choice though.

I'll put in another vote for the split bath and square footage. I've sailed decks 6, 7, 8 and 2 on the Magic and/or Wonder, and the time I had deck two I thought I was going to dislike it because I was used to being higher up. Turned out I loved it. Most locations are convenient for one reason or another. I wouldn't hesitate to cruise on deck 2 again.

We were deck 2 mid-ship and found that to be ideally located. We regularly raced up and down the stairs to decks 3 and 4. Not sure it would be as ideal if we were cruising w/young kids (ours are tweens) :confused3 but so far as our needs - deck 2 midship was perfection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter