Top of the world lounge??

SarahInMN

Drink your wine with a cheerful heart
We're here now at BCV (on points) - last I checked any DVC member staying on property/points could access TOTWL. Is that still true? And does it still open at 6pm? I don't want to go over there from BCV if we can't access it.

Thanks as always!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I am not sure about opening time, but yes, you have access to the lounge! Be sure to bring your blue Membership card, they MAY ask you for it, they will also ask for a current room key.

Bobbi:goodvibes

We're here now at BCV (on points) - last I checked any DVC member staying on property/points could access TOTWL. Is that still true? And does it still open at 6pm? I don't want to go over there from BCV if we can't access it.

Thanks as always!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I'm 99% certain the sign still said open at 6PM. I went over there a couple of weeks ago from BCV but not until a little after 9PM.

We used it in May around 8pm. We had to show our current room key and our DVC member card to the CM at the desk. We were then taken to "the" elevator, where another CM took us up to the lounge. Have fun - the view is AMAZING!!!! And so is the chocolate martinipixiedust:

We went up last week on a Halloween party night. It was amazing to watch the MNSSHP fireworks from up there! We got there 30 minutes ahead of time to be sure we got a good viewing spot. After the fireworks we went into the lounge for a drink and some appetizers.

ETA: We took the bus from BWV to the MK and walked from the MK bus stop area to BLT. Did the same in reverse to get back to BWV. The buses were crowded on the way back since lots of people leave the Halloween party after the fireworks but it wasn't too bad.

You cannot park there, so you'll need to take Disney transportation or park at the MK parking lot.

You cannot park there, so you'll need to take Disney transportation or park at the MK parking lot.

Liked it so much - we did it 3 straight nights! Think we got over there about an hour before the show. Really is a very large area - so - don't worry about crowds at all.

One night, our kids and some of the kids that came with us bought sandwiches at the QS at the Contemporary and carted them up. THere are plenty of seats (no tables) to relax. Or head over and watch the boats on the lake and the lights of the hotels.

Not sure who said you cannot park there - we flashed our room key - explained we are going up for desert and drinks at the TOW and we are DVC members. No issue's let us park there 3 nights in a row! Maybe at very busy times - you may have an issue. But, if you are planning to spend money and they have open slots.

Each night, our group of 12 probably spent $200 on Food / Drinks / Merchandise / Etc. Now, the guards did not know that - but - they got $600 for 9 free parking spots (and they had 2000 more open ones available). I think that is a good deal for them.

Had they said no - I simply would have asked to speak with a manager - 12 folks all with wallets / purses and green money. Are people who are Pool Hopping or eating at Olivia's not allowed to park at OKW? If I am going to the Luau am I not allowed to park at the Poly? We go to see Yehaaa Bob all the time - never occurred I had to take a bus! That is absolute lunacy!

Not sure who said you cannot park there - we flashed our room key - explained we are going up for desert and drinks at the TOW and we are DVC members. No issue's let us park there 3 nights in a row! Maybe at very busy times - you may have an issue. But, if you are planning to spend money and they have open slots.

The directive in the announcement that TOTWL would be open to all DVC members staying onsite was that you could not park there and would have to find other transportation. However you are not the first to say they have been allowed to park there.

Heading there in two weeks. We stayed at BLT about 4 years ago. At that time you could only use the lounge is staying there. That was one of my favorite things about that visit. Loved seeing the FW from up there! Can't wait to return!

I was able to park at the Contemporary WITH an ADR at Cali Grill (I was asked for the name on the reservation, since my name was not on the list), and also with an ADR at the Wave.

Thanks for all the answers! We are definitely going to head over tonight - as for parking, we either take disney transportation or cabs when here, so for us at least that's not an issue!

We were there on 10/14 and also had no issue parking. We were staying at OKW. It was actually very windy and cool up there that night, so we didn't stay long. Quite a view though!

Can we take my sister and her family with us if they are not DVC members? Are they able to enter on our DVC card?

Can we take my sister and her family with us if they are not DVC members? Are they able to enter on our DVC card?

You do not all have to be DVC members, just one membership card, but everyone may be asked to show a room key.

Liked it so much - we did it 3 straight nights! Think we got over there about an hour before the show. Really is a very large area - so - don't worry about crowds at all. One night, our kids and some of the kids that came with us bought sandwiches at the QS at the Contemporary and carted them up. THere are plenty of seats (no tables) to relax. Or head over and watch the boats on the lake and the lights of the hotels. Not sure who said you cannot park there - we flashed our room key - explained we are going up for desert and drinks at the TOW and we are DVC members. No issue's let us park there 3 nights in a row! Maybe at very busy times - you may have an issue. But, if you are planning to spend money and they have open slots. Each night, our group of 12 probably spent $200 on Food / Drinks / Merchandise / Etc. Now, the guards did not know that - but - they got $600 for 9 free parking spots (and they had 2000 more open ones available). I think that is a good deal for them. Had they said no - I simply would have asked to speak with a manager - 12 folks all with wallets / purses and green money. Are people who are Pool Hopping or eating at Olivia's not allowed to park at OKW? If I am going to the Luau am I not allowed to park at the Poly? We go to see Yehaaa Bob all the time - never occurred I had to take a bus! That is absolute lunacy!

Ok it isn't that you can't park there but you not supposed to park there. The rules for the TOTW lounge state no parking.

Thanks for all the answers! We are definitely going to head over tonight - as for parking, we either take disney transportation or cabs when here, so for us at least that's not an issue!
We opted to get there by taking the bus from BWV to the MK. The MK bus parking area is pretty close to BLT, a 10-minute walk at most. When you get off the bus you have to walk towards the MK initially until you get to the point where you can access the walkway to BLT.

We had a rental car this trip but still opted to take WDW transportation so that DH could enjoy a drink in the lounge and not have to worry about driving back to BWV afterwards.

We were there on 10/14 and also had no issue parking. We were staying at OKW. It was actually very windy and cool up there that night, so we didn't stay long. Quite a view though!

We saw the fireworks together! :goodvibes

I took a cab over (running a little late so didn't want to risk the buses) and then bus back from MK. I also was planning on a drink or two so didn't want to drive myself and also it stuck that we were asked not to drive over and park there.

For our upcoming trip, I had planned on DH and I spending our last evening at the TOTWL after dinner at Artist Point. There is a MVMCP that night so it would be a real treat for us to see the holiday fireworks. Now, I see that the MK is open until 10pm on our arrival night so my revised plan is to head to the MK, buy our TIW card and then walk over to BLT and visit the lounge. We'll head back to the MK bus stop and hop the bus back to AKL afterwards. Since we are staying at AKV, we may be able to do the Sundown Mingle the night before we leave which means I would have to cancel our AP reservation. Decisions, decisions....

Question...with MagicBands, do you still get a room key? If so, I will definitely have to remember to bring it with me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter