Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by Judy from Boise, Jun 22, 2006.
Can I ask you where you can do this?
Log in or Sign up to hide this advert.
I just went in Jan '08
1. Beatle's LOVE (go see it, worth every penny)
2. Blue Man Group
3. Penn & Teller
4. Animal Habitat at Mirage
5. Window shopping
what do u think of:
*Luxor motion ride & museum (we're currently booked there-dependent on what better deal comes along lol)? We've got a BOGO, just not sure i want to buy a 3rd tix for me KWIM?
*NY NY, worth a stroll to gawk, probably will skip the coaster?
*Harley Davidson cafe? dh always wants a tshirt from where-ever lol
*Tropicana casino - was told they have performers overs the slots...not to be confused with Circus-Circus? haven't been able to find any info re this...thought since it was in the same block we'd check it out
1) Watch the Bellagio Fountains
2) "O" Cirque du Soleil
3) Fremont St experience
4) "Love" Cirque du Soleil after Buffet at the Mirage
5) Stroll Forum Shoppes
6) Insanity ride at the Stratosphere
My fav 5 I like to see when are :
-the Bellagio Fountains
-touring the hotels
and last my Fav
-M&M World so much
We love NYNY for a stroll, a gawk, a gamble, a drink or a meal.
Or all of the above!! Il Fornio (sp?) was lovely when we ate there last year, and we may return this year!
My top 5
1) LOVE. This was so beyond any expectations I had. It made me cry! The show uses the fantastic music so well!
2) Spending time Downtown, seeing the other casinos and enjoying the atmosphere!
3) Sinking a few (dozen) margaritas!!
4) Seeing the strip from the Stratosphere tower, so beautiful!
5) Sunday Champagne Brunch at Circus Circus. Good price, great food and champagne, and lots of it, in great surroundings!
(extras are wondering through the hotels and looking at the sights and of course Gambling!!)
Sorry it has took so long to reply. We went to the lion enclosure in MGM and for a short time in the day around lunchtime you could get a photo taken. Only 2 people are allowed in the picture and I think it was $20 or $25.
I just got back from Vegas -- my dh's first trip! We really loved it! He was there for business but I joined him, along with my dad and his wife - we had a blast. Here's some things we consider highlights ... in no particular order:
* BELLAGIO FOUNTAINS (esp loved w/song Viva Las Vegas!)
* PIANO BAR at New York New York
* FREMONT STREET - Fun to go down there and gamble at the cheapies... FREE DRINKS while playing VIDEO POKER!!!!
* MARGARITAVILLE - hanging out watching the world go by on the strip is so much fun - plus I'm a big Jimmy Buffet fan... and the food was good - though we were really hoping our margaritas didn't come from the booze in the blender the girl was dancing around in....
* PHANTOM at the Venetian - I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED THIS!!!!! Really cool technical effects!!!! We also saw Jersey Boys - which was good, despite not
having been a huge Four Seasons fan. (they were a bit before my time)
* THE PALAZZO -- Brand new hotel/casino adjacent to the Venetian. Loved the layout, loved the show (JERSEY BOYS - even though the Four Seasons, which it's about, was before my time!), and really loved the food at the GRAND LUXE CAFE!
* FERRARI DEALERSHIP AT THE WINN - Dh loved this but I didn't go - I was too busy holding down a lounge chair at the cabana, which brings me to the next highlight
* RENTING A CABANA at the MGM GRAND (we stayed at the MGM Signature Suites, the golden towers adjacent to the MGM Grand - I like this location on the strip for during the day, relaxing by the great pools -- the northern part of the strip is probably busier and more active for nightlife though)
*** We were unimpressed by the Lion Habitat at the MGM - there were no babies anymore when we got there (bummer, just missed them) and the Lions were always sleeping.
Here's our top 5. We just went in March.
1. M&M World
2. FAO Schwartz (in the forum shops)
3. Bellagio Conservatory
4. Bellagio Fountains
5. Coca Cola Store - we got these 8 icecream floats made with all of the different Coke products. Super fun!
Does the Coca Cola store in Vegas give out free samples of the coke products from around the world (Italy, Mexico, etc.)? They do that in Epcot and in Atlanta.
Where is the Coca Cola store? TIA
Can you take a camera into the shows - and not use them?
I hate to get there and hear no cameras inside and have to walk back to our room.
The Coke store is just north of the MGM on the same side of the street. You can not miss it. The store is covered with M&M's and a huge coke bottle three stories tall.
Having seen many shows in Vegas having a camera has not been an issue. They do not search you for electronics. You are on your honor. The only way I can see it being an issue is if you are dressed up and the camera dose not fit in your hand bag and it is out in plain sight then they may ask you not to bring it in.
Hope this helps
My Top 5
The Piano bar at the NY NY with a group of friends.
Bellagio Fountains at night with any Josh Groban song
Anything poolside with a big fruity drink
Gallaghers Steak House at NY NY
People watching at downtown Fremont Street
rollercoaster on the strip!
...flyers everywhere (AHEM).
looking for george clooney and the other 12.
Only have time to see one show--which is better LOVE or O?
If you haven't seen any Cirque du Soleil shows, I would pick "O".
1. Bellagio fountains. (Have lunch or dinner at Mon Ami Gabi (Paris) for a great view and meal.
2. Desert Hummer Tour. Beautiful views and so much fun.
3. MGM Grand Pool.
4. Wizard of Oz slots.
5. Blue Cheese Chips and a tropical martini at Wolfgang Pucks at the MGM. YUM!
1. Take a gondola ride at the Venetian.
2. See the latest Cirque de Soleil show.
3. Shop at the shopping mall on the strip.
4. Visit the fountains at the Bellagio.
5. Take in a cheezy Las Vegas show.
Well it's probably low on your list but the M&M store is fun.
You can get any color M&M you want, which is always amusing.
Some say they all taste the same, but I disagree!
Separate names with a comma.