• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

We ate there tonight. There were eight of us. They told us it would be 40 min which we didn't think was bad considering the number of people waiting, but we got our text stating our table was ready in 7 min. Our server was amazing and we all thought the food was delicious. We had the kettle chips nachos and chocolate almond bread to start. We all loved the nachos. Sandwiches and fries (or kettle chips) were also yummy. 4 of us had milkshakes for dessert. The rest had regular desserts. I only ate half my sandwich and about 3 chips in order to save room for dessert and I still only had about 1/3 of my salted dulce le Leche shake. We did have to order the shakes downstairs, but we got a buzzer to let us know when they were ready. However, our server had already told us she would get them for us. The buzzer went off, she took it downstairs and came up with a red velvet shake... Which none of us had ordered. And that was all. She took it back and came up a few min later with the correct shakes. They'd buzzed the wrong buzzer. They definitely have to get the shake stuff ironed out but everything else was great, and the shakes we had were delicious. We would go back.

Sounds as if they're getting their act together. Glad to hear you had such a good experience and all enjoyed the food........always a good sign if you'd go back!

My God daughter and her boyfriend ate there last night and emailed me they loved it. Had no issues with service and didn't have too long to wait, I think there were 4 of them altogether. I know she had a chicken dish and thought it was excellent.

I would rather leave food than eat too much too........I usually enjoy what I have, and I don't mind leaving food whatever the cost......

I can only eat a little of anything that's sweet......so I plan to order the same shake you had, but certainly won't even finish nearly half.....but I wouldn't miss it for the world......they look delicious!

I think that they are take out cups when you order from the bar, if I'm not mistaken, so you don't need to actually leave anything. You can sip it along the way. Its my understanding that they are plastic with a toothsome sticker on the front. Maybe someone could pipe in if I'm wrong.

Yes, you take the cup with you. It's in a plastic jar. The shakes were expensive, no doubt about it. However we honestly didn't think the sandwiches were unreasonable and the portions for us were more than enough. I was full after eating half (plus shared appetizers) but really wanted to try one and was happy I did. My husband would be the first to complain if the portions were too small.

We loved the meal, the restaurant, and our server!

How did you find out about this? Are they actually telling people to do this now?

FWIW, we felt that the size of the entrees was *small*. And I'm not a "give me more giant food" person at all. But DS had finished half of his pasta in just a few bites, and he's not *that* much of a disgusting beast of a 12 year old boy LOL. Veggie burger was way smaller than the average Red Robin veggie burger, and WAY fewer fries than most places give.

Also, they do give to-go containers. :)

Our server told us we'd have to order downstairs. But I'm not sure she would have thought to tell us if I hadn't asked at the beginning of the meal, because of the posts I've read here. (thanks guys!) I don't know if she was just super nice and that's why she said she'd go down to get it? She didn't mention the buzzer so that was a surprise, but she just took it and went downstairs.

Last edited:
Sounds as if they're getting their act together. Glad to hear you had such a good experience and all enjoyed the food........always a good sign if you'd go back!

My God daughter and her boyfriend ate there last night and emailed me they loved it. Had no issues with service and didn't have too long to wait, I think there were 4 of them altogether. I know she had a chicken dish and thought it was excellent.

I would rather leave food than eat too much too........I usually enjoy what I have, and I don't mind leaving food whatever the cost......

I can only eat a little of anything that's sweet......so I plan to order the same shake you had, but certainly won't even finish nearly half.....but I wouldn't miss it for the world......they look delicious!

I absolutely loved the shake! Sometime I really want to get the espresso shake, but not late at night. It would definitely interfere with my sleep.

I absolutely loved the shake! Sometime I really want to get the espresso shake, but not late at night. It would definitely interfere with my sleep.

Lol........I can imagine........

The shakes look fabulous.......can't wait to taste a bit of one...........my god daughter had the Rice Krispie one and said she wouldn't share it with anyone......it was that good!

Any word on a non-dairy or frozen yogurt shake? DH could do one of those - something with almond milk, etc, but an ice cream/whole milk shake will just about ruin the rest of his vacation...

Here's an experience I had a few years ago along the same lines as this opening:

A local resort installed a zip line attraction, seven stations. If you've never done a zip, it's a bit of a complicated attraction: you have to put on a bunch of gear, undergo a brief training zip, learn the safety rules, then proceed. Our guides were new, and they fumbled and stumbled with everything. It took forever to complete the zip rides, mainly because the guides were taking time to ensure everyone's safety.

Went back the next year - what a difference. Guides were assuring, confident, and experienced. It took half the time as before to gear up. Once we began, the zips went fast, no delays, yet we felt as safe as the first time.

This "restaurant" (I want to call it an attraction) will be fine. Give it some time.

Only if they get it together quickly. There are lots of other options in Citiwalk and Orlando in general.

That said, if they are calling it a preview, then they need to be cut some slack.

I do find it troubling that the early reports out of Sapphire Falls by the mgmt here also had similar issues as to service issues.

Perhaps whomever is in charge of food service training needs to re-evaluate personnel's comfort level as to knowledge of their job duties before signing off on them.

I have no issue with a venue offering a huge entree, just like to know it upfront...then I can share DH's and order an appetizer or dessert and still be satisfied.

Did I catch that a milkshake is $10+? If so, am I the only one who is doing a double-take or is that the going price in Orlando?

Only if they get it together quickly. There are lots of other options in Citiwalk and Orlando in general.

That said, if they are calling it a preview, then they need to be cut some slack.

I do find it troubling that the early reports out of Sapphire Falls by the mgmt here also had similar issues as to service issues.

Perhaps whomever is in charge of food service training needs to re-evaluate personnel's comfort level as to knowledge of their job duties before signing off on them.

I have no issue with a venue offering a huge entree, just like to know it upfront...then I can share DH's and order an appetizer or dessert and still be satisfied.

Did I catch that a milkshake is $10+? If so, am I the only one who is doing a double-take or is that the going price in Orlando?
You're not the only one! That's ridiculous and the wait times for the shakes are too. No thanks.

$12.

Visually they are impressive. But we were forced to think way too long about them, and even my kid didn't want to deal with that. He also has ingredient issues and with an unknown ice cream brand it just wasn't worth it.

By the way, is there any news yet on when the official opening is or if they will take reservations?

$12.

Visually they are impressive. But we were forced to think way too long about them, and even my kid didn't want to deal with that. He also has ingredient issues and with an unknown ice cream brand it just wasn't worth it.

Wow, usually the theme park venues are on top of the allergies. Had to be disappointing for him.

$12 ! Hope they give 2 straws lol

Wow, usually the theme park venues are on top of the allergies. Had to be disappointing for him.

$12 ! Hope they give 2 straws lol

It's a matter of finding out what brand it is and the potential ingredients. And it's not an allergy per se. He just sholdn't have anything based on anything corn syrup; drives his blood sugar up like nothing else. We had already lived dangerously the day before with butterbeer soft serve (first time he's ever had soft serve), and we did have cookies back at the room, so...

Sorry if I missed this but - are there AP discounts offered?

Yes. At least on the meal, I got my Preferred discount.

Funny thing I noticed at the sitdown restaurants we encountered (Toothsome and offsite Yard House)...they are basing tip on the TAXED portion. I've never seen that before, and I object to it.

Just finished eating here and had a great meal and great sevice. Came in at about 7pm for table for 2, was quoted 20 min wait. Received text that table was ready in 15 minutes. Line for ordering shake was less than five minutes and shake was brought to us in about 5 minutes. Everything was actually a really smooth process.

Just finished eating here and had a great meal and great sevice. Came in at about 7pm for table for 2, was quoted 20 min wait. Received text that table was ready in 15 minutes. Line for ordering shake was less than five minutes and shake was brought to us in about 5 minutes. Everything was actually a really smooth process.

That is so good to hear.........

Glad you enjoyed the experience.........:thumbsup2

It's a matter of finding out what brand it is and the potential ingredients. And it's not an allergy per se. He just sholdn't have anything based on anything corn syrup; drives his blood sugar up like nothing else. We had already lived dangerously the day before with butterbeer soft serve (first time he's ever had soft serve), and we did have cookies back at the room, so...

Yes. At least on the meal, I got my Preferred discount.

Funny thing I noticed at the sitdown restaurants we encountered (Toothsome and offsite Yard House)...they are basing tip on the TAXED portion. I've never seen that before, and I object to it.
The do that ever where here in the south as far the tip goes. Drives me crazy.

Any word on a non-dairy or frozen yogurt shake? DH could do one of those - something with almond milk, etc, but an ice cream/whole milk shake will just about ruin the rest of his vacation...

If you contact Universal directly they should be able to let you know the ingredients........:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter