Too full to type! Dining Review with pics!

ferfer76

Earning My Ears
Visited WDW last week 9/4 to 9/8 on Free Dining! It was great! I forgot to take pics of half of the stuff we ate but here are pics of some of it!

First of all, not a pic of food but a pic of me at WCC at Wilderness Lodge. When DH and I first got there I was very thirsty and drank all of my soda pretty quick. Our server Senor Dusty Trails, who was very funny by the way, came back to the table, took one look at it and shook his head and said "wow" and came back with this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HPIM0928.jpg

It was hilarious. And no, I didn't finish that one! :rotfl:

I forgot to take pics of the food :confused3 because we were having so much fun! But here is a pic of my desert

Caramel Apple Pie at WCC

HPIM0930.jpg

More to come.... first I want to see if this worked, I have never posted pics before!

Guess those pics didn't work. Any suggestions? :confused3
I will keep trying.

Yay, I figured it out. Sorry the pics are sooooo big! Maybe I can figure out later how to shrink them! I guess for food, it will be good to show the detail!

Now for more!

We stayed at CBR. Here is a tip!: If you have made plans and ADR's, make sure to keep the disney dining number in your cell phone for those last minute adjustments to your ADR's. We had planned to eat at 50's Prime Time Cafe one night but were both so exhausted and didn't want to go all the way to MGM so, we cancelled that ADR and made a last minute for Shutters, it is the table service restaurant at CBR.

The food and atmosphere here were very enjoyable!

DH had the Prime Rib with the Shutters signature potatoes (taste like hashbrown casserole)
HPIM0939.jpg

He loved it.... oh as you can see he dumped A1 sauce all over it before I had the chance to take the pic!

And I had the shrimp pasta. It was good, not great.
HPIM0940.jpg

The service was good. Although, a screaming 5 year old and family sat down next to us. The wait staff tried so hard to quiet the kid down. They brought him a balloon, which made him scream and cry even more. Then they brought him crayons, still screamed more. And they even brought his food out immediately before anyone else. Nothing would help. But they did try very hard. Looking back, I wish we would have moved, it made the whole experience very disappointing. Long day for both kid and family I guess :confused3

Next up is the Backlot Express at MGM studios. Now, I had been warned by other disers about the counter service at MGM so, I proceeded cautiously (we were there and hungry and didn't want to leave the park to eat). First we checked out ABC Commissary, the menu didn't appeal to either of us (too fancy). So, we stumbled upon the Backlot Express.

DH had the Double Cheeseburger and Fries $6.89
HPIM0806.jpg

He enjoyed it!

And I had the Grilled Chicken Salad without the vinaigrette, substitute Ranch $6.99
It was excellent !
HPIM0807.jpg

And for dessert we both had the no sugar added Strawberry Parfait (it was either an option of this or cheescake). Sorry this pic is blurry... but, the Parfait was surprisingly good, it had a crumbly cake type of topping and didn't taste no sugar added.

HPIM0808.jpg

More Counter Service. The next day, we ate at the Electric Umbrella at Epcot.
It was very good.

DH had his trusty Double Cheeseburger, :lmao: this time with Bacon. $7.39

HPIM0932.jpg

And I too, had the Bacon Double Cheeseburger but substituted the Fries for Apples $7.39. And the Fruit Cup ($2.99) you see there is what they allowed me to order as my dessert on the dining plan.

HPIM0931.jpg

Thanks for the reviews, that's a great picture with the replacement drink Senor Dusty Trails brought you at WCC! :rotfl: The servers there can make that such a fun place to eat.

That bag of sliced apples looks yummy! That looks like a great fry alternative.

Thanks for the reviews, that's a great picture with the replacement drink Senor Dusty Trails brought you at WCC! :rotfl: The servers there can make that such a fun place to eat.

That bag of sliced apples looks yummy! That looks like a great fry alternative.

Thanks! Yes, it was a blast! I will plan on eating at WCC every trip now, thought it was even more fun than 50's PTC since the entire restaurant is kind of in on the fun together. It was also funny when Senor Dusty threw a ton of napkins and straws at us..... it sounds bad but was hilarious! hahaha:lmao:

Yes, the apples were SO good, it is so nice that they offer that. Also nice that you can opt for a fruit cup rather than dessert. I love desserts but got pretty sick of them about halfway through the trip....... I couldn't even believe it myself :scared1: but its true! :rotfl2:

And our last and final day :scared:

We ate the counter service at Old Port Royale at the Caribbean Beach Resort
They had a surprisingly good selection. Although we ate around 2pm and so two of the stations were shut down (because it was slow). But they still had plenty to choose from.

I had a combo meal Cheese Pizza and Salad $7.09. And Cheesecake for dessert -price I cannot remember. The pizza was very good, the crust was great!

HPIM0969.jpg

And for DH... oh my goodness, it ISN'T a hamburger this time! He ordered the Buffalo Chicken Sandwich $6.69 and fries with pineapple fruit cup for dessert. The chicken was basically a giant fried chicken strip drenched in buffalo sauce but, it was really good. The sauce was spicy just like used on hot wings.

HPIM0971.jpg

For Dinner, we headed to DTD to Planet Hollywood. Now here is what I have to say. If you like nightclubs and party atmosphere, you will love this place but if you don't like loud noisy places, this isn't the place for you (or me!). I knew this ahead of time so I tried to prepare myself but it was so loud. We sat right next to the DJ and he kept asking the people in the restaurant to scream and "make some noise" to the questions he asked. It was all in fun but it was our last day and I was started to get tired and crabby and just wasn't up for the music and screaming.

That said, the food was pretty good.

DH had New York Strip Steak with baked potato and seasonal veggies $22.99
He really enjoyed this. I tried it and it was excellent.
HPIM0994.jpg

I had the Cobb Salad $13.49. It was more like a mayonnaise salad. I didn't realize that cobb salad was little bite sized pieces of salad premixed with the dressing. I was just expecting a regular salad. Oops, My bad. I should have ordered the Chicken Caesar b/c I didn't like all of the mayonnaise on this. That said, DH loved it and kept picking at it.... which was fine with me b/c it was enormous. Oh by the way, that thing sticking out of it is like a flat type of crunchy baked cheese thing. It was okay. Looking back, that salad does look kind of gross.

HPIM0995.jpg

We also had appetizer. I Captian Crunch Chicken (which I thought was gross, it didn't taste anything like captian crunch, it was more savory like salt). And DH had the Potato Skins which were excellent. Forgot to take pics of these.

We shared a banana split for dessert and got a piece of chocolate cake in a to go box (might as well since it is included in the dining plan). Everyplace that we went were very accommodating in wrapping up our dessert to go since we usually couldn't eat it after the appetizer and main course. But if you do this, make sure to ask for a fork or snag one from a counter service otherwise you will have some very chocolatey fingers back in your hotel room :rotfl2:

All in all, the food was great! Even if we had to pay for the dining plan, it would be well worth it. Our TS dinner bills ranged from $75 - $110.

Keep in mind that all receipts that you get on dining plan will ring up and show items but all zero's next to it (unless you pay OOP) and the total as zeros but will just show a number with "entitlements used" and "entitlements remaining" . So, if you want to keep track of how much the bills are, make sure you write down the totals as they ring the counter service or when they bring the original bill for TS. I usually forgot but was able to get all of the prices off of the menus on the All Ears website! I posted some of those prices here although, we didn't have to pay for anything.

PS: We saved our snacks all week and then used them to buy bags of candy at Goofy's Candy Company in DTD for our family as gifts.

That's all folks! Thanks for reading my dining review. I hope it will be helpful in planning your trip!! :yay:

HA HA. I just noticed my Germ X hand Sanitizer in the pic with my pizza.

There is another tip, don't go anywhere without the hand sanitizer! :rotfl2:

Funny but actually true. It was nice to have.

HA HA. I just noticed my Germ X hand Sanitizer in the pic with my pizza.

There is another tip, don't go anywhere without the hand sanitizer! :rotfl2:

Funny but actually true. It was nice to have.

Oh man! I was hoping to be able to get the Germ X with a snack credit. ;) JK! Thanks for the reviews (LOVE the title!) and especially the pics. You just can't have too many pictures of food (at least I can't)!

Oh man! I was hoping to be able to get the Germ X with a snack credit. ;) JK! Thanks for the reviews (LOVE the title!) and especially the pics. You just can't have too many pictures of food (at least I can't)!

LMAO! :lmao: HA HA they SHOULD offer as a snack credit! Then I would definitely buy shares in germ x!

Glad you enjoyed the review! I just wish I had taken pictures of all of the food but I have to admit, I didn't forget at a couple of the table service, I was too embarrassed. Like at the Contemporary Steakhouse it was very quiet and intimate and I took one pic of my appetizer and got strange looks so I didn't take any others there :)

Thanks for the review, your cobb salad does not look like any cobb salad I have ever had, I always order mine with vinaigrette on the side, so maybe that is why.

I too love the gigantic drinks from WCC.

*Sigh* if only I could install a fountain machine in my basement life would be good.

That did not look like a cobb salad (which is one of my favs). It has greens as the bed and topped with,hard boiled eggs, grilled chicken, tomatoes, blue cheese and sliced avacado. I had a great one at the Rainforest cafe at AK.

How annoying about the screaming kid. My kids never did that, because the minute one would act up, I would immediately hank them out the door. Even if that meant hubby wrapping my food for later. Let me tell you kids learn really fast when they are faced with the prospect of not eating while Dad and her sisters are inside enjoying their food.;)

What Planet Hollywood served was not really a cobb salad :confused: . The PP described traditional cobb salad components. The ingrediants are typically arranged in stripes on top of the greens- a very pretty presentation. (Even TGI Fridays takeout arranges it properly :) .)

Thanks for taking the time to write the reviews!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter