• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party????

Good info! I wonder how they could fit more people? I just hope they don't add alcohol and jack up the price.

I've wondered this myself, but then I start to rationalize that they may shy away from adding alcohol because it's MK. I realize it's not a total dry park anymore, with BOG, but I still can't see it. And selfishly, I would likely never get value out of alcohol being included, so I hope that's not it.

Wouldn't it be cool if it were more than just desserts though? Maybe not a full blown meal, but having some finger foods/hors d'oeuvres would be kinda neat and something I would enjoy.

I really wish they would announce something. We are going in August and I have been checking everyday to see if it has opened up any more dates :(

I would love it if they changed it to have more savory options- I'm not a dessert person so I was forcing myself to eat the desserts last time we went so I felt like I got my money's worth. I thought they we pretty blah.

I will say I went to the Frozen Dessert Party in HS over the holidays and really loved it. I'm not even a drinker but the mixed drinks were amazing. I would pay more for that.

My guess is that they will modify/upgrade it (likely with alcohol), charge a lot more (of course), and move it somewhere that could accomodate a larger number of people...or add a location (possibly outside the Plaza) in addition to the Tommorwland Terrace.

My guess is that they will modify/upgrade it (likely with alcohol), charge a lot more (of course), and move it somewhere that could accomodate a larger number of people...or add a location (possibly outside the Plaza) in addition to the Tommorwland Terrace.

Yep.

I think they are keeping it, but something tells me they are going to find a way to "upgrade" it and charge more for it. Perhaps add alcohol like all of the Frozen dessert parties at DHS? Or add something else like merchandise?

The Frozen dessert parties were $60 for an adult and $40 for children, versus $28 and $15 right now for TML.

Let's hope not!
But they offered more with the Frozen package, starting with liquor at the evening party. In addition to the evening dessert buffet, it included ice cream and water within a reserved area for the afternoon special parade and priority seating for the (at that time) limited-run show.

But they offered more with the Frozen package, starting with liquor at the evening party. In addition to the evening dessert buffet, it included ice cream and water within a reserved area for the afternoon special parade and priority seating for the (at that time) limited-run show.

That's true.

But then there was this...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ywood-studios-frozen-holiday-premium-package/

Offered November 7 – 19, November 21 – December 9 and December 11 – January 4, 2015, this package includes reserved seating for a performance of “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration” at the Premiere Theatre, and reserved Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights viewing and Frozen-themed dessert party (which will feature mini Anna cupcakes and mini Elsa cupcake, among other delicious treats) in the evening, and a holiday themed lithograph and “Frozen” pin.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child (ages 3 – 9), plus tax (gratuity is included). Valid theme park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in this package price.

Even more than the Frozen Summer Package :crazy2:

I just have a bad feeling they are going to add a bunch of stuff in and jack up the price. I'm still hoping not!

I was on the phone booking some tours this morning for our late Aug/early Sept trip and asked the CM about this and he stuck with the official "haven't gotten any bulletin or notification on this yet", but then we just started chatted and speculating. He was hoping they may be making a change that would allow for more people to attend since it's so popular and books up so quickly. No clue how/where they would be able to do that though.

Personally, I can't see them getting rid of this because of the popularity. What I can totally see is revamping it a bit and very likely increasing the cost. They will sell out regardless, but it would help with the supply/demand problem a little bit so that someone who isn't on the phone exactly 180 days out may still have a chance to book. I would actually be totally okay with paying a little more for it, especially if they expand the food offerings a bit.

Oh, and this same CM said he expects updated calendar next week for September. I guess time will tell!
Gillian-by updated September calendar do you mean we may find out if Magic Kingdom is really closing at 7pm on 9/1, 9/4 and 9/7?

Gillian-by updated September calendar do you mean we may find out if Magic Kingdom is really closing at 7pm on 9/1, 9/4 and 9/7?

That's what the CM I spoke to was referring to because our conversation was specifically around the 7pm closing times on those dates. Of course, I still haven't seen any update posted, so who knows? :confused3

Thanks for the response Gillian. I too have been checking the MDE site to see if the closing times for those dates have changed as I am trying to make plans for 9/1.:surfweb:
I don't believe Disney is simply closing at 7 those three days surrounding Labor Day.
I don't believe that there are three undisclosed private parties at MK all in the same week surrounding a holiday.
As time goes by, I also don't believe that Disney has "just forgotten" to change the times for those three days after deciding not to hold MNSSHP on those three days like they did last year.
But what is the answer. :confused3
I know time will tell but how long is Disney going to wait~until April when they see if the MNSSHP tickets are selling out and decide to add party nights to those three dates?:worship:

michelepa - I'm in the same boat as you for that week. My plans for Sept 1st & 2nd are currently up in the air. I would love a party on the 1st, but my backup for that is the Pirates & Pals cruise, but that can't be booked because the calendar is showing no Wishes on that night. Then for the 2nd, I wanted to do the dessert party and my back up plan there is the Illuminations Party. It would be nice to just be able to finalize things.

I agree with you though, those 3 dates are not going to have 7pm closures, there's just no way they would have the Friday and Monday of a holiday weekend with MK empty after 7pm. You make an interesting point about it being intentional that they have not updated the times for those days yet. Or maybe we're just reading too much into it lol.

Saw now on the Disney website there is a Wishes Dessert Party in addition to Tomorrowland Terrace but not clickable yet

Well at least there is some hope they are still having it. I wonder if they are changing it to down there where they have the yellow umbrellas ? Last year when we were there they had it a boarded up around there.

Well at least there is some hope they are still having it. I wonder if they are changing it to down there where they have the yellow umbrellas ? Last year when we were there they had it a boarded up around there.

I'm glad there's hope too since it seems like a lot of people really enjoy it. Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes them to make announcements in this kind of situation? We're planning a Sept vacation and was hoping to try this, if it wasn't too steep.

That is seating for the restaurants. That was expanded with the hub expansion. Doubtful to be there being so in the open of Main Street.

That lower area with the umbrellas is gone now. There are only the umbrellas just outside the ice cream parlor on the sidewalk. I think the location serves them well, it just needs to be made nicer, more in line with the other dessert parties and they will have no problem selling it out even with a higher price tag.

Here is a view toward where that "patio" used to be. The water and the patio are gone, ground raised and FP+ gardens put in. The umbrellas you see are the ones lining the Plaza sidewalk.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-pictures-new-viewing-areas-and-landscaping--007-photo.html

That lower area with the umbrellas is gone now. There are only the umbrellas just outside the ice cream parlor on the sidewalk. I think the location serves them well, it just needs to be made nicer, more in line with the other dessert parties and they will have no problem selling it out even with a higher price tag.

Here is a view toward where that "patio" used to be. The water and the patio are gone, ground raised and FP+ gardens put in. The umbrellas you see are the ones lining the Plaza sidewalk.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/os-pictures-new-viewing-areas-and-landscaping--007-photo.html
Hmm ok thanks for the photo . We really wanted to do the dessert party , so yes we would pay more if the price goes up. At least to try it once anyway.

Hmm ok thanks for the photo . We really wanted to do the dessert party , so yes we would pay more if the price goes up. At least to try it once anyway.

We did it a few weeks ago. It's got a great view although it was more crowded than I had hoped, probably 2-3 deep at rail. The party just was not as nice as the others. We did the Star Wars Party and the desserts and presentation paled in comparison. I've seen the Frozen and Illuminations set up and they are much nicer. The big plus is there are chairs to sit on but otherwise it seemed very thrown together. I'd rather pay a little bit more and have it really special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter