Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - Booking Question

telephoneman66

Mouseketeer
I'm frustrated, I want to reserve this event for July 4th. The reservations center doesn't know when they'll open up July for reservations. June is open, but July has yet to open.

Anyone have some inside info or based on experience how far in advance Disney opens reservations for this?

I believe they usually do a special event on July 4 at several times the regular price. Same on New Years Eve. So you may not be able to get it for that day at all unless you are willing to pay up. If you can, try July 3, it's the same fireworks show.

I get that it's gonna cost, but we have like $1000 of Disney money to spend, so I'm not too concerned about the cost. I'm wondering when they'll open July so I have a chance to book the party.

Thanks for the tip on July 3rd, I might do that to save a buck, even though the bucks are Disney Mousedollars and not really good for much else but extreme indulgences.

Yeah, but the price is usually well over $100 per person if I'm not mistaken. They do a special dinner at California Grill too, and charge about $500 a person for that. So unless you are really willing to use those rewards on just this one thing, be prepared to find out that it's much more expensive on that day. Of course things can always change year to year.

Did you specifically ask when you called if it was open? I went through this once before and a cast member told me they do not always open up 180 days in advance. Later, I found out that even though they were not booking 180 days online, it was possible to book 180 days out by phone. I am going to find you a link to that post. Call in the meantime. Instead of asking when it will open, just ask to book 07-04-11. If it is open by phone, the agent should be able to find it.

Try online-Do the same as booking the Fantasmic DP, but select Wishes Dessert Party.

Select Dining Events, from the drop down select Wishes Dessert Party, then type in the date like this 07/04/2011.

Try online-Do the same as booking the Fantasmic DP, but select Wishes Dessert Party.

Select Dining Events, from the drop down select Wishes Dessert Party, then type in the date like this 07/04/2011.

Beware of this. If the date you want is grey and you force it in, it will default to the next available date. You may not notice it before it is too late. This happened to someone on the link I entered. If it is grey online, do not try to select it online. Call and book it by phone. You will get charged the no show fee, which will not get waived if this happens.

I don't know what the other poster did, but it worked fine for me.

I double checked my ADR and it's for the date I want to do the Fantasmic DP.

I tried to re-create what you are saying and the only way it goes back to a date coming up is if you change your search options. So if you pick 10/02/2011 and click Search for a Table, then decide you don't like any of those times and try to change them it will change the date to tomorrow's date.

I cannot check 10-02-11, since it is 181 days out. All of the dates around that are saying they have no availability, so I cannot double check them either. I am glad your date is right. I still say be careful when you force a date in. Make sure it is the date you think it is before you confirm.

I read the link in the other thread and the other poster clicked on a grey date. That's how s/he ended up with the wrong date (it defalted to the following day).

If you type it in then you get the correct day, unless you go back (change search options).

Good Luck with your ADR's tomorrow.

Just tried myself again. It took a while to find a date that had availability on a date I was able to book (since 10-02-11 is outside my reach). I finally was able to secure 09-18-11 (did not really book as I was just checking the system, not booking). It took it just fine. Thanks for the tip Squirrel. Now the OP can try tonight rather than waiting for the phone lines tomorrow. It is amazing how much you keep learning just when you think you have it all figured out. That is why I love DISboards. Many people are more knowledgable than Disney staff.

I tried doing the Wishes Dessert Party. I couldn't get any dates in July to work (I didn't try all of them but enough). I guess those aren't in the system yet.

You can keep trying daily and see if they show up. Faster than calling and it's free.

Just tried myself again. I finally was able to secure 09-18-11 (did not really book as I was just checking the system, not booking). It took it just fine. Thanks for the tip Squirrel.

How did you get a September date??!

I'm trying this method (typing the date instead of clicking the calendar) for September 25th, but it keeps defaulting back to April 5th. Sept 25th is within my 180-days.

BTW, I keep trying other dates in Aug & Sept (including the 18th) to see if I can get it to work, and it won't for me (sigh)

I'm trying this method (typing the date instead of clicking the calendar) for September 25th, but it keeps defaulting back to April 5th. Sept 25th is within my 180-days.

BTW, I keep trying other dates in Aug & Sept (including the 18th) to see if I can get it to work, and it won't for me (sigh)

I can't imagine how anyone could get a Sept. date because I just got off the phone with dinning and they still have not opened up July. She did however say that July should be added sometime this week.

Sorry, she was trying to get Fantasmic to work the way I described. Since her 180 day is today, she couldn't use Oct.2 as a test.

She was worried that it would default like another poster had and then had to cancel the reservation as it was only a few days away and they weren't at WDW. The only way to make the date go back to tomorrow's date or another date near it is to-click on a grey date or to go through the process using the correct date you want and then clicking on the change search option button.

Sorry, she was trying to get Fantasmic to work the way I described. Since her 180 day is today, she couldn't use Oct.2 as a test.

She was worried that it would default like another poster had and then had to cancel the reservation as it was only a few days away and they weren't at WDW. The only way to make the date go back to tomorrow's date or another date near it is to-click on a grey date or to go through the process using the correct date you want and then clicking on the change search option button.

Ohhh :laughing: I thought you had found a date in September for the Dessert Party. Thanks for the clarification!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter