• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

toll road question?

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
I'm renting a car while in Disney so that I can visit the Kennedy space center and Sea World. I'm just wondering what's the best way to deal with the toll roads. Should I avoid them? Or should I just keep change on me and pay the tolls. I'm also unsure how much change I should have. One final question: will all toll roads accept cash?

First trip is: Disney to Kennedy space center. Then Kennedy space center to hard rock Orlando, then back to Disney.

Second trip: Disney to seaworld and back.

We just paid for the tolls as we went. I had a roll of quarters so we never had to worry about if they would make change or not. I used nearly the whole roll. We didn't encounter any toll tag only booths on our trip, but that was a year ago and things could have changed.

Take SR 538, the Beachline, east. It's a toll road and all of the toll areas are "manned" and take cash. Takes you most directly to the Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center area.

Dick Taylor

Detailor said:
Take SR 538, the Beachline, east. It's a toll road and all of the toll areas are "manned" and take cash. Takes you most directly to the Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center area.

Dick Taylor

Except it's 528.

If you prefer to use the express lane on toll roads in Florida, consider Budget, Avis or Hertz where you have the option of using the Sun-Pass only and E-Pass only express lanes without stopping at a toll booth. You will be charged an administrative fee of US $2.50 per day plus toll charges.

If you prefer to use the express lane on toll roads in Florida, consider Budget, Avis or Hertz where you have the option of using the Sun-Pass only and E-Pass only express lanes without stopping at a toll booth. You will be charged an administrative fee of US $2.50 per day plus toll charges.

National/Alamo offers a much better deal. $2.00 fee only on the days you actually use it (for OP that would be one day) and they cap the fee at $6.00 per rental (plus actual tolls of course). B-A-H charge the fee for every day of the rental agreement if you use it just once. Not much difference for OP who I assume is only renting for a couple of days, but good to know if you are taking a rental for a full week.

The charges are made to the credit card you rented on, and will appear on your statement about 2 weeks after use.

well you could take I4 to I95 then cocoa beach - but not sure even this way you would avoid all the toll roads - plus it will add hour(s) to your trip. I-4 can also be used to get to WDW - but again it will cost you time.

so you need to decide which is more important time or money.

all toll roads have a person - the ones with sun passes only or express - do not.

boy the rental car agencies are making money on the sun passes - brought one for $5.95 for my car and boy have used it. plus with a pass you get a discount on the tolls. which it sounds like the rental agencies are keeping.

to get to Seaworld just take I4 - it is the exit pass the DD exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter