1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

toll road question?

Discussion in 'Orlando Hotels and Attractions' started by rspencer38, Sep 14, 2012.

1. rspencer38

rspencer38 Mouseketeer

I'm renting a car while in Disney so that I can visit the Kennedy space center and Sea World. I'm just wondering what's the best way to deal with the toll roads. Should I avoid them? Or should I just keep change on me and pay the tolls. I'm also unsure how much change I should have. One final question: will all toll roads accept cash?

First trip is: Disney to Kennedy space center. Then Kennedy space center to hard rock Orlando, then back to Disney.

Second trip: Disney to seaworld and back.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. rspencer38

rspencer38 Mouseketeer

Also, can you purchase a sunpass at the airport but not through the car rental agency

4. Danibelle

Danibelle DIS Veteran

Publix sells them, too.

5. photo_chick

photo_chick Knows a little about a lot of things, a lot about

We just paid for the tolls as we went. I had a roll of quarters so we never had to worry about if they would make change or not. I used nearly the whole roll. We didn't encounter any toll tag only booths on our trip, but that was a year ago and things could have changed.

6. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

Take SR 538, the Beachline, east. It's a toll road and all of the toll areas are "manned" and take cash. Takes you most directly to the Cocoa Beach and Kennedy Space Center area.

**** Taylor

7. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

Except it's 528.

8. Detailor

Detailor DIS Veteran

Yep, slip of the finger on the number pad.

**** Taylor

9. deejay-55

deejay-55 Mouseketeer

If you prefer to use the express lane on toll roads in Florida, consider Budget, Avis or Hertz where you have the option of using the Sun-Pass only and E-Pass only express lanes without stopping at a toll booth. You will be charged an administrative fee of US $2.50 per day plus toll charges.

10. bankr63

bankr63 DIS Veteran

National/Alamo offers a much better deal. $2.00 fee only on the days you actually use it (for OP that would be one day) and they cap the fee at $6.00 per rental (plus actual tolls of course). B-A-H charge the fee for every day of the rental agreement if you use it just once. Not much difference for OP who I assume is only renting for a couple of days, but good to know if you are taking a rental for a full week.

The charges are made to the credit card you rented on, and will appear on your statement about 2 weeks after use.

11. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

well you could take I4 to I95 then cocoa beach - but not sure even this way you would avoid all the toll roads - plus it will add hour(s) to your trip. I-4 can also be used to get to WDW - but again it will cost you time.

so you need to decide which is more important time or money.

all toll roads have a person - the ones with sun passes only or express - do not.

boy the rental car agencies are making money on the sun passes - brought one for $5.95 for my car and boy have used it. plus with a pass you get a discount on the tolls. which it sounds like the rental agencies are keeping.

to get to Seaworld just take I4 - it is the exit pass the DD exit.