Todd & Nicki, a belated Valentine's present...weekend at Disney!

After our walk back to our resort we finished packing up and had our bags stored at Bell Services...this is great because it is an air conditioned room and our snacks we were taking home would not melt...what you expect me to go to WDW and not bring home gingerbread men or chocolate caramel pretzels?? ;)

Back to Epcot it was and we had to wait for a second boat to get there...I wanted to walk but Todd said, sure meet you over there so I just waited with him :rotfl: Maybe it is I that married a comic??

We watched the performers in England and saw the Canada movie and started to head to Mexico. I love Martin Short and never get tired of that movie...this was crazy because it was a full show and they had to shut the doors on people waiting...never had that happen before.

The crowds were super thick, just like on Saturday. We did lots of Innoventions stuff and tried to do the Norway ride before lunch but the wait was 40 minutes (when have you guys ever seen that???) so we got FP's for it.....the line was crazy because it was interferring with the Akershus restauant and the bakery and the main walkway around the countries...they are not set up for that kind of wait at all.

Finally it was time for our 1:30 lunch at San Angel Inn. We have been here for lunch twice and really enjoyed it so we were both happy to eat there again. We love spicy foods but our meal at La Hacienda had our mouths aflame...we were happy to be back at SAI!

Let me start by saying it was a complete and total insane asylum in there....the line for the ride and the line for the Tequila Bar were the problem...too many people in too small a space. Plus you have all the people doing the Kim Possible thing and they are walking around trying to listen to that thing in very loud place.

We were seated in 10 minutes in a half booth half seat table right in the front and all the people waiting for the ride or the restaurant were hanging over the wall...it was a big fat pain in the butt and I thought Todd was gonna lose it...he was tired and had a headache and this was not helping.

Our server was a sweetie and he said they would go up and tell the people to stop hanging over us (when we left we noticed they put 2 chairs in front of the wall). I had a diet coke, DH had a coke and chips and salsa were served. THe chips were hot and salty, nice and crisp and delish! The salsa was like smoked ketchup and was pretty blech

FebDisneyTrip096.jpg

We decided to share the Sopa Azteca, a nice soup. They bring out a bowl with cheese, avocado, tortilla strips and a pepper in it and then pour the tomato-chicken soup (nice and thick) over it. Would have been great except the soup was cold and didnt melt the cheese and we were forced to eat it because our waiter was MIA. The flavor was there but it would have been so much better hot.

FebDisneyTrip105.jpg

FebDisneyTrip106.jpg

FebDisneyTrip108.jpg

I had to get the green chiles chicken enchiladas...should have picked differently. The beans were good, the rice was dry and hard and the chicken was dry and the tortillas were dried out and hard, the spice was insane...burn my mouth spicy and trust me I love spice! Todd said it was nothing special and admitted it was spicy. I bet if I had guacamole or sour cream it would have toned it down some

FebDisneyTrip116.jpg

Todd went for the pork tamales...He tried one forkful and started scraping everything off the tamale. I asked what was wrong and he said it was outrageously spiced. I was going to take a bite and he stopped me...must have been really bad for that to happen. He smothered it with the black beans and that helped. Again I went for a taste as I love pork tamales and he said, "Seriously Nic....you will be in pain. You remember that place we ate at last year (he means La Hacienda), it is so much worse than that. I thought my tongue was going to fall off at LH so I was more than willing to take his word for it.

I wish someone would have let me know how spiced the food was....the table next to us had kids (late teens) that were complaining and not eating the food either...they said it was too hot. This was our third time here and the first time the food had a big kick.

Would we be back? I dont know to be honest with you...we enjoyed the CS Mexican nachos so much better, maybe we will just do that for our Mexican food fix.

I am sorry to hear about your meal at SAI. It is one of the two places we will never return to after two bad experiences. (The other is WCC for dinner). I was hoping maybe our experiences were the rare ones. We will try La Hacienda in August. Hoping maybe that your experience there was not the norm.

Now it is uh oh, time to go time and we were going to take our time walking out of Epcot.

Mosey over to Norway were the line was still long but we skipped to the front and rode DH's fave ride. Getting out of that ride was pure he**! The crowds are too large to funnel through the gift shops with people trying to get a troll picture, kids with swords, adults with Viking hats and a nasty perfume store in the middle of it! :scared1: Open the doors to the gift shops and let us outta there!

As we were strolling around the countries we chatted about our Oct trip...our longest yet, 10 nights! I think we are missing our CS stuff so we will try to do alot more of them. We also like the resort restaurants better than the park ones and they are easier to get to with our own car plus the F&W is going on and that is nice for a few meals. Signatures are a must so we will add some of them in and maybe more TS lunches this time. I still have 2 months to decide but it is looking like I will have an easier time of it...until I show the plans to Lord Mess Em Up ;)

Here is a teaser. Breakfast at Kona, Cape May and Olivias. Lunch at the Grand Floridian Tea, Kona, The Plaza, Yak & Yeti, Rose & Crown. Dinner at Artist Point, Tutto Italia, Fultons, Cape May, Flying Fish, BlueZoo, Citricos

Now back to our final moments :thumbsup2

I knew it was bound to happen...I was waiting for it and waiting for it.

TODD: You know we didnt get dessert in Mexico.

ME: Yes I was there, I know.

TODD: Well we have to get something

ME: Enlighten me O sweet tooth one...what is on your mind

TODD: I dont know, what do you think?

ME: (Cue the laughing) Dude, did you forget that we have been together for 20 years? I am hip to your jive

TODD: I have no idea what you are talking about

ME: Spill...Germany or France? Pick your poison

TODD: Well I was thi-

ME: I KNEW IT! You cannot fool me!

TODD: -nking that we would get that chocolate cake everyone was getting from France

ME: Whats this WE you speak of?

TODD: Well we can share it

ME: Your idea or sharing or the real idea of sharing?

TODD: Whats the difference

ME: Your version is you eat while I get to pick the crumbs off your shirt as they fall from your mouth and my version were I actually get my own fork

TODD: (Looks at me, keeps walking, looks at me again and says) Ok fine you can have your own fork

Oh joy..did I tell you that I dont care for chocolate cake, brownies etc? See, he knows this therefore he is acting like he is conceding by giving in and letting me have my own for fork :rotfl2::lmao: I like desserts but mostly the non chocolate variety.

We hike our way through the sea of people to the bakery, which suprisingly is deadville. Great lets get this cake and get outta here.

The cake was amazing, I will give him that. I did have my own fork but had just 2 bites and let him relish the rest of it. Very moist, not too sweet at all which is probably why I liked it, a chocolate pudding like filling between the layers and a mocha frosting dollop on top. Oh yes, he was in love big time!

It was the perfect end to a perfect trip....made us quickly forget about our yuck meal at SAI

And then it was board the boat, get the car and get on the road time. We had the best weekend, it was so much fun and meeting our Dis Friends was the best!

Thanks so much for reading along, hope you had a fun time with this Nicki Quickie Review!

And PS...if you were wondering what we had for dinner when we got home (because you know he had to pester me about that)....I had an orange and he had a peanut butter sandwich :lmao::rotfl2:

just reading along here:rolleyes1 well I read all of your dining reports!! I am scared though after the dinner at Cape May! We ate there last April and it was a Calamari night, my DH and DS 12 love that stuff but me NO WAY I booked this April's trip to Cape May on a Fried Shrimp night:scared1: what was wrong with it???? OK so now I need a new ADR for our Epcot night.:lmao:

I would still keep your ressie...Cape May is fantasic and maybe it was at an off night. We always go on Fri nights because they used to have the fried talapia but no more....we will still go in Oct and keep it on a Fri night

Nicki, great photos. EVEN though you WOKE me up on Sunday a.m., I am so glad that you called so that I could talk to Karin and Tina. Unfortunately, unless I fly solo, I'll never get there in February becasue that is when Mark has a show and then heads to Vegas, so it was great finally being able to "meet" Karin and Tina by phone after all the chatter on the DIS.

That is why I called you babe...they wanted to talk to you as much as you wanted to talk to them. Keep scratching those tickets and maybe you can hit big and move here full time!

My first post ever just want to thank you Nicki for such an enjoyable report. Elaine

Elaine I am so honored to be your first post! Glad you enjoyed them!

Here is a teaser. Breakfast at Kona, Cape May and Olivias. Lunch at the Grand Floridian Tea, Kona, The Plaza, Yak & Yeti, Rose & Crown. Dinner at Artist Point, Tutto Italia, Fultons, Cape May, Flying Fish, BlueZoo, Citricos:

We are planning many of the same in August. Have never done the GF Tea so I really want to try that. BK at Kona is a must and can't decide whether to try Olivias or Kouzzina. Artist Point was our favorite last trip so that is a must. Going to try the Yachtman and maybe Narcoossees because those are the only two signatures were haven't tried.

Love the reviews as usual. Your next trip will be after ours but I am already looking forward to it!

Well, I don't have to worry about SAI becasue I DON'T do Mexican. But I sure as heck hope that they have that chocolate cake in France when we are there in September. Otherwise, you'll be purchasing a whole cake and shipping it to me.

Great reviews and chatter too between you and lovable Todd. ;)

I like your "teaser" restaurants for October. But I sure as heck wish it was the end of September/beginning of October. If we can't work out the dates in 2012 to be at Disney the same time, then you and Todd must take the cruise with us in 2013 for our 30th wedding anniversary (and Karin adn Tom will be there too).

When in WDW there are a few things that DH had to have or it just isnt a trip to WDW...one of them is egg rolls (the others are egg rolls, egg rolls and more egg rolls :rotfl:)

I can't believe finally someone else remembers those hot dog egg rolls. I had one on my honeymoon in the 80's and have been making things in egg roll wrappers ever since. They were so good! It's sad they're gone.

The nachos look good but I've never had a nacho as good as the one's at ESPN. They're addictive. First thing I'm getting when we head back.

Thank you for the reviews. Loving the reviews and pictures!

I am sorry to hear about your meal at SAI. It is one of the two places we will never return to after two bad experiences. (The other is WCC for dinner). I was hoping maybe our experiences were the rare ones. We will try La Hacienda in August. Hoping maybe that your experience there was not the norm.

Me too...we loved SAI in the past. I agree about WCC...that was the worst meal ever. Hope your LH is better than ours was!

We are planning many of the same in August. Have never done the GF Tea so I really want to try that. BK at Kona is a must and can't decide whether to try Olivias or Kouzzina. Artist Point was our favorite last trip so that is a must. Going to try the Yachtman and maybe Narcoossees because those are the only two signatures were haven't tried.

Love the reviews as usual. Your next trip will be after ours but I am already looking forward to it!

You will love the GF Tea, it was a great experience. Kouzzina is on the list for dinner too, never been to AP so we are looking forward to that. Did Narcoossee's this past Nov and we were not thrilled with it.

Looking forward to your trip as well!

Great reviews as always! Thanks for sharing!

Cassey

Hi Cassey, thanks so much for reading along!

Well, I don't have to worry about SAI becasue I DON'T do Mexican. But I sure as heck hope that they have that chocolate cake in France when we are there in September. Otherwise, you'll be purchasing a whole cake and shipping it to me.

Great reviews and chatter too between you and lovable Todd. ;)

I like your "teaser" restaurants for October. But I sure as heck wish it was the end of September/beginning of October. If we can't work out the dates in 2012 to be at Disney the same time, then you and Todd must take the cruise with us in 2013 for our 30th wedding anniversary (and Karin adn Tom will be there too).

I bet I can duplicate that cake, I can make it for you this fall!

Karin was trying her best to convince Todd on that cruise...maybe she talked some sense into him!

Great reviews! Thanks for sharing! Glad you enjoyed the chocolate cake more than your first dessert from the bakery! :goodvibes

Thanks so much!

I can't believe finally someone else remembers those hot dog egg rolls. I had one on my honeymoon in the 80's and have been making things in egg roll wrappers ever since. They were so good! It's sad they're gone.

The nachos look good but I've never had a nacho as good as the one's at ESPN. They're addictive. First thing I'm getting when we head back.

Thank you for the reviews. Loving the reviews and pictures!

Thats how I feel about you, finally someone remembers and doesnt think I am insane :lmao: We ate at ESPN once and loved the wings, might have to go back and try those nachos!

Hello! Nicki

followed over from Kathy's PTR; I have heard mention of your food reviews for awhile (from Kathy and other TR's) but never made it over...need to go and read up on a few of your reviews.

Great mini report! quick and easy to follow...but, WOW! can your DH put it away. Sounds like something my DS19 would love to do in the parks. Thank you for the update on MK main street bakery. We missed it last go and was looking forward to the ham crossiant and cinnamon bun. Think it will now be changed to a ham croissant and danish.

Thank you for sharing, now I need to go back and read some of your past reviews; we are going the last week of Sep/first weekend of Oct and doing the DDP for the first time (thinking your expertise, experience, and honesty will help with some of my confusion).

:wave: Connie

I'm so late... it's over!! Glad you had a good time!! Pictures look great... sorry some were not so great tasting :( Hopefully Via Napoli and San Angel Inn step it up for our May trip!! I never worry too much about Yachtsman... it's a fave--going in March and May!!

You liked your dinner at Yachtsman!!! Yay!!! I think your choice of sauce on the side was a good one. I did the same thing with my steak, but that's because I'm not a fan of butter or cream sauces. It's nice to taste the steak as-is, though.

Really enjoy reading your reviews. You put so much detail into it, and I really feel like I can hear those conversations between you and your DH.

Oh, and the Cantoloopy definitely has a good amount of vodka. I made the mistake of taking a sip before stirring it, though :scared1: I'm not usually one for vodka shots, so that was a...surprise.

I'm so sad it's over already! I'm glad you'll be taking a 10 day trip in October so I have more to read! :rotfl:

Love the list of restaurants for October! Hopefully Todd will be 'feeling' them for when you get the ADR's. :rolleyes:

Can't believe I'm just seeing a Nicki review and it's over! Going back to pg. 1 to catch up!

Love me some MickyNiki reviews! I have to say we didnt like Via Napoli either when we went in Sept! Service was nice, food was bland!

What do you think gave the shrimp at CMB that amonia taste? I cant wait to try it but wow thats kinda scary!

Good Morning!

Page 6 already! Last night I was sooo excited because it was page 2 (I usually lurk due to being so late in getting here, so 2nd page was pretty exciting!) but as I was posting the computer stuck and had to shut down.:sad2: Now this morning page 6 - things sure do move quickly arpound these parts! :rotfl:

Going back to catch up - yippee!!:yay:

eeekkk,I must have been under a rock,I didn't even know you guys were in Disney ,lol.Glad you had a great time.Thanks for the lovely reviews as always.Come on May I need me some Disney food!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter