To the CM's on the board: what is the one "tip" you can give us?

Another tip about kids getting lost - some of mine are too young to memorize our cell number so I wrote it on their arm. Sure it looked like my 2 yr old had a tattoo, but I felt better. The info was visible and didn't have to be searched for like putting it somewhere on their clothing would have been.

I use the Disney Luggage tags that they send with your documents for this. I attached the tags to my children using strong keyrings attached to their back beltloop. I put my husbands cell phone number on them and instruct them to find a Cast Member if they are lost and show them the tag. They are only 6 and 4, I don't know if they would be able to remember the phone number.

Thankfully, we have never had to use them.

We lost our son, who is now 6 at Chef Mickey's 2 years ago. He was very proud of himself upon his return...he just went for a little walk!

Or before you go print a sign saying 'Wet Paint -Do not sit here' and put it on your bench in the morning then go back to the bench for parades and fireworks!!! :rotfl2:....I don't really do this, just joking!

When I was there a few year ago, I was watching some show (I think it might have been in Seaworld) this woman a few rows in front actually flipped down a reserved sign across two or three spaces on a bench, and kept telling people who walked past that they couldn't sit there! Then her husband and two children turned up and sat down - I couldn't believe someone would actually do that!!

Tip 1 - Don't get behind me in ANY line. If I am in it, it will slow to a crawl.

Tip 2 - Always go back to your room in the middle of the day for a nap. Great for kids and us old farts alike.

Tip 3 - Buy several of the cheapest ponchos at WalMart before you go for Kali River Rapids, Splash Mountain, etc. Being dry is wonderful.

Tip 4 - My kids and I go through the single rider line for many rides. What, you're not going to be talking to the guy next to you as you scream through Rockin Roller Coaster, are you?

Tip 5 - Keys to the Kingdom Tour. If you ever get the chance, do it!

Pay It Forward -

1. When you've finished using your poncho, hand it to that beleaguered looking guy in line with 3 yelling kids.

2. Share your Fast Passes. For some reason we often have extras (if the time is late and we decided to wait in line). Give them to that beleaguered looking guy in line with 3 yelling kids.

3. Always point using two fingers.

Wow, great thread. I just finished all the pages, and now have got some great new ideas for our next trip.

Here's something that I learned on the Dis before our last trip, and it really helped us a lot. If you are not on the Dining plan (and money is not abundant) you can order a double burger at a CS restaurant and an extra bun (for very cheap), and now you have 2 burgers. We did this quite a few times.

Being friendly to the CMs is a must! On our last trip my DS4 left his hat on Goofy's Barnbuster ride. We went back 15 minutes later, it was gone! Sad, it was a hat from Pebble Beach. He loved that hat. Well, I promised him a new hat in the store across from it. Can't remember the name, its the ginormous one with the character meet and greet. Anyhow, of course the one he wanted was the $20 bright and ugly Buzz Lightyear. I got chatting with a manager and CM there, and asking her what the likelihood that we would get it back. Got talking about Pebble Beach (I didn't play there, but my cousin did), and next thing you know, she says "I think Mickey needs to by that hat for you" and she also went crazy trying to find a figment pin for us too! That is my favorite CM story!

Its also a must for my kids to say bye to the characters and a nice friendly thank you.

I am not a super chatty person with strangers, but at WDW I become this totally different person. I will talk with anyone!!!! And I love the fact that the CM are soooooo super super nice! Thanks!

Being friendly to the CMs is a must! On our last trip my DS4 left his hat on Goofy's Barnbuster ride. We went back 15 minutes later, it was gone! Sad, it was a hat from Pebble Beach. He loved that hat. Well, I promised him a new hat in the store across from it. Can't remember the name, its the ginormous one with the character meet and greet. Anyhow, of course the one he wanted was the $20 bright and ugly Buzz Lightyear. I got chatting with a manager and CM there, and asking her what the likelihood that we would get it back. Got talking about Pebble Beach (I didn't play there, but my cousin did), and next thing you know, she says "I think Mickey needs to by that hat for you" and she also went crazy trying to find a figment pin for us too! That is my favorite CM story!

Its also a must for my kids to say bye to the characters and a nice friendly thank you.

I am not a super chatty person with strangers, but at WDW I become this totally different person. I will talk with anyone!!!! And I love the fact that the CM are soooooo super super nice! Thanks!

Wonderful story! When we were there last year my daughter was wearing her minnie dress into magic kingdom, we were going through the gates and my kids were both in their strollers. A CM came up to me and said "excuse my but your daughter's nose is bleeding and it is all over her dress" i was trying to get dress cleaned up (this would be the 1 and only day I didn't bring spare outfits!) and the CM asked us to come with her she wanted to get my daugher a new outfit for $20. I kept telling her no and that I could buy her something else to wear but she insisted. My daughter got a really cute shirt and skirt and all I had to pay was 8 bucks. I was very impressed and very thankful that she was nice enough to help take caer of my daughter.

Wonderful story! When we were there last year my daughter was wearing her minnie dress into magic kingdom, we were going through the gates and my kids were both in their strollers. A CM came up to me and said "excuse my but your daughter's nose is bleeding and it is all over her dress" i was trying to get dress cleaned up (this would be the 1 and only day I didn't bring spare outfits!) and the CM asked us to come with her she wanted to get my daugher a new outfit for $20. I kept telling her no and that I could buy her something else to wear but she insisted. My daughter got a really cute shirt and skirt and all I had to pay was 8 bucks. I was very impressed and very thankful that she was nice enough to help take caer of my daughter.

Just about the same thing happened, but to me in 2008. While my daughter was getting her Princess makeover, I became sick...really, really sick. They took me to the back room where I could clean up. Then the CM went to a store across from the castle and got me a new shirt and flip flops. I tried to pay for them and she kept telling me no.

We tell our kids..."Treat other's as you would want to be treated." Sometimes, it pays off to be nice to others.

And Mistyt, glad you liked my post. I never understood when you see people ranting, raving, cursing and otherwise being awful human beings why they think that that will successfully get them what they want. Unless they think people will bend to their wills to make them go away. I personally would take great satisfaction in *not* giving that person what they want.

SkierPete

Sadly, in our society, people like this usually DO get their way. It's unfortunate, but it's true. Since they get their way everywhere else when they do this, they still do it at Disney because it might just work the same way. My mom works at Walgreens, and it is the people who yell the loudest and end up calling corporate that get everything that they want. =( Sad, but true. Oh, and on that note, try to be nice to your Pharmacist =)

I have a tip or two.

When we are in Epcot, we ask the CMs from the different countries to take a picture with our DD and sign her autograph book. Many times they write a message in their native language and will chat a bit with her about their home country. It's a great way to meet some really awesome people:)

Our DD can freak herself out about rides and experiences that we know she would like. So we tell her about it, or even better ask the CM at that ride to explain it to her. Then we let her make the choice. But since she is a pin collector, we have made it a tradition to buy her a new pin "commemorating" her bravery in trying something new. And when we get home she has a cork board where she displays her pins and she can remember her first time on that ride:goodvibes

And while I agree that being nice to the CMs is so important, please don't forget to be kind to each other as well.:thumbsup2

wow - almost a year to the day that i posted on here and i'm rereading for another trip.

so many great tips have been added in the past year.

What a nice thing to do for a complete stranger, and you probably them feel so good. I would be shocked beyond if someone did this for my kids and I and I know it would make a wonderful impression on them, and me of course. I will do this from now on, it is a great example to set for our children. GREAT tip!!

Awh..that's so nice of you!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter