• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To do list outside the parks?

maxiv

the guy from overseas
Hello everyone and greetings from London/UK (though I'm German ;-))

After having worked at World Showcase from 2007 - 2008 I am most likely finally going to make it back to my "home" this summer with a friend and we're both super excited!!!

So we like the parks and everything but I'm creating a to do list for the two of with stuff that we want to do outside the parks to **** it all in and see most of the great things to do at WDW.

For example:
- Yeehaw Bob
- Dinner at Ohana and watch fireworks from the beach
- Lunch at Sanaa at lunch, especially with view on the savannah
- beaches and cream and cinema at the beach after
- hoop de doo
- late night snack at the casparilla grill at the grand floridian
- stroll the boardwalk area
- drinking around the world
- a backstage tour (but which one? can you tell me which one you would recommend)

do you guys have any more suggestions for our to do list? As you can see, most of our planned activities are free and we like it that way though we dont minding spending a few bucks or even a little more if its something really great (like hoop de doo). We're also open to suggestions regarding certain meal experiences due to a special view or something like that (like sanaa as posted above). I hope you guys know what I mean?

Of course the main goal is to just really enjoy ourselves but we just want to have the feeling that we haven't only done the standard stuff to do, which is why I'm looking for certain "special" things, like requesting specific seats at some restaurants, take in the free activities that most of the first time visitors aren't aware of etc.

looking forward to your suggestion!

all the best from the other side of the big pond,
Max

Are you interested in doing different parks in addition to Disney? Universal Studios/IOA, LegoLand, Busch Gardens, etc? It sounds like you have a lot of options already and you'll be having a good trip!

And on a side note, I have to say that I love Germany :). One of the most gorgeous countries I've ever been to (I lived in Regensburg for six months when I was a teenager).

BackStage Tours I would recommend Backstage Magic. I believe that is what it is called. My wife and I did this back many years ago before kids and it was great. It started in EPCOT, then went to Disney Studios, and finished in MK. AK was not there when we did it, so I am not sure if they include that in the tour now. I would love to do it again.

Also the Segway tour at EPCOT is another one that is lots of fun. Only $80 when we did it.

You could also eat at the Chef's table at Victoria & Albert's. This is on my list. Here is a link to it:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/chefs-table-dinner-at-victoria-and-alberts/

Just a few ideas.

Cheers,
Michael

I did Backstage Magic in 2010, and they now include AK on the list of stops they make. It was a great tour. If you have a Disney VISA card, tell them when you book the tour, and you get 20% off. This tour is about $200 a person, so the 20% off really added up!

It is always fun to check out all the different resorts. It doesn't cost anything to take a stroll around the areas.
Have you been to Jelly Rolls at the Boardwalk? Similar to Ye Ha Bob, but a little more geared to adults.
Raglan Road has some entertainment (Irish) and yummy Bread Pudding.

Jellyrolls, Dance Hall at Boardwalk are always a great time. House of Blues has some good music.

popcorn::

Just wanna subscribe as I'm always looking for things to do outside the park.

My kids loved the water mice rented at Poly in 2005......my oldest now has his drivers license & has specifically asked to do this on his graduation trip because he can drive his owns.

Keep the ideas coming...I know the Dis folks on these boards are filled with all kind of great ideas! :goodvibes

If you're into mini-golf the Fantasia Gardens courses are amazing. I think it's $12 per person per round (18 holes), unless you have an annual pass, which makes it $6. There's also Winter-Summerland mini-golf by Blizzard Beach, same price. I've done both and thought Fantasia Gardens was better, and it's really close to HS, so if you timed it right, you could be on the course during the finale fireworks of Fantasmic!

And I haven't done it, but I hear Characters in Flight is pretty cool too.

love this thread.. cant wait to read more.

Go to the Poly and rent a sea racer.

Go to the Wilderness lodge and rent a bike and bike over to the Fort Wilderness campgrounds. There is a paved path that will lead you there. Once over at the campgrounds stop and look at the animals in the barn. Stop and have lunch at Trails End -shhh its one of the cheaper places to eat at Disney http://allears.net/menu/menu_teb.htm
Or ride around for a bit.

At 4:00 p.m at Boma at AKL they give free tours of the dinning room and tell you about the decor that makes up the dinning room. They walk you through the buffet line and tell you about the foods they offer. They also give you a sample of some of the foods. Then you go over to Jiko which if you haven't been there, is across the hall. There you will also get the same sort of tour that you got at Boma and a free sample of food.

Go to the poly and watch them light the torches that are through out the resort. Ask at the desk what time this event takes place. Then catch the fireworks from the poly beach.

I did Backstage Magic in 2010, and they now include AK on the list of stops they make. It was a great tour. If you have a Disney VISA card, tell them when you book the tour, and you get 20% off. This tour is about $200 a person, so the 20% off really added up!

The 2012 price is $243 before discount. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

I did the segway tour at Fort Wilderness and loved it-it was cool to ride a segway.
My husband did the Keys to the Kingdom tour and really liked seeing all the behind the scenes places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter