To do Black Friday or not...

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
Will you go out early on Black Friday to get bargains? I might go to Home Depot and get their 99cent poinsettias. I get fresh wreaths there too - can't remember if those will be real cheap. Otherwise, you won't find me out there!

We'll haul all the Christmas boxes in from the garage so I can get started decorating.

You betcha! I've been planning and searching ads since last month. I get really excited about Black Friday for some reason.

It's probably because I'm really competitive.

And I like shopping... :)

Even if we don't need/want to buy anything, we still go out and walk around Walmart to watch all the craziness. One time, this lady was going so fast in Walmart that she rammed her cart into a whole display of green beans and knocked the whole display over with cans flying everywhere. Where else can you get that kind of entertainment besides Black Friday?

I will stop by Freddies for the sock sale (tradition) at 6 am on my way to work. BUT if it is crazy in the parking lot I will just drive on by and call hubby to go out into the madness.

Hubby is hoping it is NOT crazy because he worked retail for 43 years and this will be only the 2 nd year that he has had a break form Black Friday madness.

I was thinking about it but so much of it seems to be starting on Thursday instead of Friday and I refuse to go out on Thursday. I miss the old days when it all started at ridiculous hours on Friday. It was crazy but fun and sometimes the deals were even good.

I avoid the malls and big box stores. I just don't like the crazy atmosphere. But I occasionally go to smaller local places - Game Stop, Radio Shack - if there's something I'm planning to buy and it's on sale that day.

Yes, but just for fun, not for anything specific. Two of my sisters and I will go around and hit the mall and Target, etc. I just go for the 4am Starbucks and to hang with my sisters :)

Watching other people fight for a place in line for the "hot gift item" of the year is always pretty amusing, too.

#OptOutside! Go take a hike! No, seriously, go outdoors and enjoy life! :goodvibes Go hiking, camping, skiing, walk around the park or neighborhood, go visit a National Park, go to the beach, watch the sunrise or sunset - just go outside and reconnect with nature.

I will be on a 6 mile hike in the woods, listening to the crunch of the fall leaves in one of our local state parks. Not fighting the crowds, traffic, etc. REI, Inc. started the Opt Outside idea by closing for Black Friday :eek: and paying its employees to go outside.:thumbsup2

http://optoutside.rei.com/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexis-coram/will-you-optoutside-with-_b_8620720.html

allenfane

I'm not looking to make any big purchases this year. I've seen a few smaller items that might be nice to have, but I'd rather save my money for now, knowing I might pay a little more if I decide to purchase something later. It's a trade off I'm willing to accept.

I always go out but this year I'm not looking for any of the big deals. I'll be hitting Menards of all places. They have a few things that I need at good prices. I just never expected to find them there.

I'll be at Meijer tomorrow for buy 1 get 1 free on shoes and buy 1 get 2 free on yoga pants.

I will. I am going out Thursday night after dinner and we get home from spending the day with family. I will run back out Friday morning to get a few things at stores not open on Thursday. I have gotten most of the shopping done, but I mostly shop for me or for stuff I want for the house lol

Black Friday is starting to creep in over here in Ireland. What I find funny is most people don't even know WHY its Black Friday, i.e. the day after Thanksgiving ( we don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here) In Ireland our Christmas sales were traditionally on December 26, St Stephens Day in Ireland / Boxing Day in UK. Now though more and more UK and Irish shops are doing Black Friday, having their main sale at the end of November.

Its really caused a loss to retailers, especially small retailers, who traditionally counted on the run up to Christmas as one of their main revenue times. The December 26 sales were a way for retailers to shift any left over stock, in preparation for the new year. Now though, with Black Friday introduced, retailers are finding they have to put their main stock onsale at the beginning of the main Christmas shopping season.

I guess its partly to do with the internet and how many American retailers like Amazon etc are now global and Black Friday sales are not just limited to those living in America

I used to always avoid it like the plague but last year my DD12 wanted to experience it so we went out at 5am with my SIL and hit a few stores. Here in MA, the stores open at 5 or 6 am on BF, nothing is open on Thanksgiving night. While we didn't brave Best Buy or TRU or Walmart or any places where people camp outside and rush the doors, we did hit Macys, Old Navy, Target, Kohls, Bed & Bath... we ended up having a fun time and got a few bargains then went to IHOP and had a nice breakfast. I enjoyed myself and would go again this year except I have a wedding to go to in another state on Friday! Yes that's right, have to travel on Thanksgiving weekend for a wedding. Ridiculous! And yes I know I could have rsvp'd no but this is a very good friend of mine and I wouldn't want to miss it. Still a pita though!!!!

Will you go out early on Black Friday to get bargains? I might go to Home Depot and get their 99cent poinsettias. I get fresh wreaths there too - can't remember if those will be real cheap. Otherwise, you won't find me out there!

We'll haul all the Christmas boxes in from the garage so I can get started decorating.

Nope, I did it once and swore never again.
DS and I have some new glasses that are in today, and we're waiting until Saturday to go pick them up. The eye doctor's clinic shares a parking lot with a Walmart. There is no way I will go there today or Friday!!!!

I haven't really seen any prices I haven't already found. Anything that I might "need" I've already gotten or is not a real bargain. I miss the planning and the strategy, it was something I looked forward to every year. I was never one to line up for hours for that first rush, I'd just head out as the sales were beginning and the craziness had subsided. Always got what I was after. It's a tradition I miss. I might head over to Michael's Thursday afternoon for their 40% off everything coupon and get some cookie tins.

Working both Thanksgiving and Friday. We have mandatory minimum holiday hours.

I shop online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter