TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

We woke early.

Who's surprised?

Star date, May twenty third, two thousand nine. TK stirs. It is early. There are no signs on intelligent...wait, Tink's awake!!! There are signs of intelligent life on this planet!!!

Okay, I don't know how intelligent or even if we were intelligible at this point in the morning, but suffice it to say my body somehow adjusted to Tink's internal alarm, and I was up at five am.

Ugh. And then I realized I was going to Disney World. YAY!!!! I may have done a little of this :yay: but it was all internal.

We got ready and did our last minute packing, snagged a little breakfast and got ready for the goodbyes. Which I was looking forward to and dreading all at the same time. I was excited to go, but I wasn't sure how I or any member of my family would react. I was trying to be strong, but it was my first time leaving them.

It was weird. In a good way.

I wanted to linger and rush all at the same time so I don't dwell on it. Once I let DS know that he had presents from me, one per day I was gone, he was all a twitter for me to leave so he could open the first gift. There were no tears from anyone, we did well.

Upheld the code.

Maintained the pirate exterior. We won't discuss the interior.

As we were departing, DS let this one slip, "Will Auntie Tink stay here with me?"

Cue the collective "Awwwwwww...." Basically he didn't care if I left, but dang it, Auntie Tink was fun, and she was leaving too? :lmao:

Hugs and kisses all around, suitcases in the car, and we were off. It was a pleasant car ride to head to my mother's, and we were a bit early. So when we got stuck behind a tractor (I do live near some farm country), it wasn't even a big deal, we had plenty of time. I was able to show Tink some of the town I grew up in and that was kind of neat.

We get to my mother's and have our very first pictures. No joke, before I even introduced them! Mom said, "Okay, picture time!" I think she was so excited for us, that she just wanted to start snappin! :thumbsup2 I took an opportunity between photos to introduce Mom to Tink, and that was nice.

We transferred luggage to Mom's car, and we were off. She was a typical mom, and it was so sweet. Did everyone remember ________ (fill in the blank with appropriate toiletry)? :lmao: "Yes!" :thumbsup2

Mom brings us to the airport, and we engage in the second round of goodbyes. Southwest check in was a breeze, there was barely a line, so that was great. A bit longer of a wait for security, but no big deal. I had a girlfriend to talk to, and that was sort of thrilling and different and good all at the same time.

I marveled at the fact that I only had one bag.

That felt sooooo good.

As we got settled down by our gate to wait for the plane, I had a little suprise for Tink. During the many random conversations we have through e-mail (sometimes at work), I had discovered that her favorite lollipops were red. We hand them out at the bank to the kiddos, although I tell my customers they're for children of all ages. A little Disney lives with me every day, trust me. So I got her three different kinds of red for the plane ride, and presented them. She was happy.

I also had another surprise for us, since it was a girls trip, and meant to be fun.

I prefaced it with the, will you wear anything I give you?

She said yes. Brave woman.

I can't belive she trusts me. :lmao:

Fortunately, it was nothing embarassing. Just these.

WDWMay09-0012.jpg

And just like that, we were officially on vacation. (I'll ignore the obvious joke.:lmao:)

Boarding was a breeze. Tink had a higher number than I did, so she was able to go on first and snag us a nice row near the front of the plane. She saved me the aisle. Bless her. I don't talk a great deal about my flying angst, but it exists, and it's mostly pushed down by the fact that I'm traveling with a lot of people, and usually my son, so let's say I'm too distracted to be nervous. But I really prefer the aisle, for a lot of reasons, and she got it for me.

Our flight wasn't full, so we were able to leave the seat in between us empty, which was nice to have room to spread out. Take off was a breeze, and I'd brought some gum, which was definitely helpful.

I was so excited for our plans for the plane ride.

No joke.

We were going to play cards. I haven't had anyone to play cards with in ages, and I was looking forward to a good game of more.

Little known factoid...or maybe well known factoid about TK: it doesn't take much to amuse. :lmao:

I swear to you now, on all that is holy, I had no idea I was so good at war. Which is really a game of luck and probability, not skill.

But we played one game of war for literally half of the plane ride. And I won. And then I won again.

And Tink was a gracious non-winner (loser sounds mean :lmao:) but we decided to play something else. We played war twice, right? Or was it three times? Did you win once? Memory is hazy here, I think you won once. Anyway, look for further clarification on this matter when Tink chimes in.

We got our snacks and drinks from the flight attendants and as Tink and I ate our peanuts and she was thinking of digging into the snack (100 calorie pack of wheat thins, I believe), I said, how about something else?

And then I pulled out surprise number three, the first being the pops, the second being the leis, and the third being...

cadbury.jpg

We split that Cadbury bar, and it was so dang good. Lunch of champions, I tell you. Chocolate, cards, and chit-chat. Does life get much better than this? Well, yeah, we were going to Disney World, but hey, I was happy!

We decided to switch up the card game, and Tink taught me how to play rummy. I'd played this a lot with my grandparents, but had totally forgotten how, and it was really nice to re-learn. Now with this game, you earn points, so we were keeping track. It was close my friends. Neck and neck at some points, and then not so much at others.

When we landed, Tink was in the lead.

Up next - Florida Air

No need to multi-quote this time. Let's just keep it simple...

You wrote. I read. LegoMom is one happy gal this morning.....:cloud9:....*sigh*....:lovestruc

You're on your way, hurrah! :yay: I love that you had little surprises for DS at home and for Tink at the airport. You're so sweet! :goodvibes

Of course now I'm craving chocolate at 9:30am. :rolleyes1

Playing cards and chatting sounds like a lovely way to pass the time. And next you're in FL! Nothing says Disney like the airport monorail! :woohoo:

popcorn::

No need to multi-quote this time. Let's just keep it simple...

You wrote. I read. LegoMom is one happy gal this morning.....:cloud9:....*sigh*....:lovestruc

Aww. A happy LegoMom makes me happy. :goodvibes

You're on your way, hurrah! :yay: I love that you had little surprises for DS at home and for Tink at the airport. You're so sweet! :goodvibes

I thought if nothing else, at least DS would know I was thinking of him. And Tink deserved some special treats. She's cool. :thumbsup2

Of course now I'm craving chocolate at 9:30am. :rolleyes1

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Playing cards and chatting sounds like a lovely way to pass the time. And next you're in FL! Nothing says Disney like the airport monorail! :woohoo:

popcorn::

Florida air. Say it with me. Ahhhhhhhhhhh....

Now that you mention it I haven't had anyone to play cards with in ages! I remember skipping class in college because we had a great game of "whatever" going.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

It's always after 5pm somewhere..............:drinking1: (oops, wrong line of thinking, but, then again, chocolate alcohol......)

:beach: Tomorrow we're beach bound.

Now that you mention it I haven't had anyone to play cards with in ages! I remember skipping class in college because we had a great game of "whatever" going.

You skipped class??? ;)

I remember introducing the concept to my husband (then fiance). I used to lure him away from class with the prospect of an afternoon movie and the theater all to ourselves. Those wear the days, let me tell you.

I remember seeing The Road to El Dorado, and we were the only two people in the theater. :cloud9:

It's always after 5pm somewhere..............:drinking1: (oops, wrong line of thinking, but, then again, chocolate alcohol......)

Exactly my thought process!!! :thumbsup2

:beach: Tomorrow we're beach bound.

Ooo, have fun!!!

What a wonderful start!!! :cloud9:

I guess I am just wondering...do you ever want to take your family again? :lmao: (totally kidding)

I love to play cards. We play 2-handed spades a lot. Very fun! Rummy...I need to relearn that game, too.

Have you ever played Phase 10? That is another one of my favorites and good for really long trips.

What a wonderful start!!! :cloud9:

I guess I am just wondering...do you ever want to take your family again? :lmao: (totally kidding)

Ha! Oddly enough, although I had a fantastic time (and would like to do this every year!!!), I came away from this trip, happy, satisfied, and actually looking forward to going with my family in September. Amazing, huh?

I love to play cards. We play 2-handed spades a lot. Very fun! Rummy...I need to relearn that game, too.

Have you ever played Phase 10? That is another one of my favorites and good for really long trips.

Ooo, I don't know how to play 2 handed spades or phase 10! It's time for a little Maroo card lesson.

Your off! So exciting! Tink is looking awfully happy and awake for that hour of the morning. Can't wait for more. :)

What a lovely plane ride.....I love all the little surprises!!!!

I have a little SURPRISE for you gals too!!!! Check out the new SIGGIE!!!! ;)

Hi there :wave2:....can I join in?

I am loving that you two became such close girlfriends over the DIS and did a "DIS-surprise" trip! :goodvibes So far it truly sounds like a perfect girlfriends trip, talking late into the night, painting toe nails, candy and being a tad goofy. :thumbsup2

Hi there :wave2:....can I join in?

I am loving that you two became such close girlfriends over the DIS and did a "DIS-surprise" trip! :goodvibes So far it truly sounds like a perfect girlfriends trip, talking late into the night, painting toe nails, candy and being a tad goofy. :thumbsup2

:welcome:

Of course you can join in! And I'm very blessed by Tink. She's my best friend. I feel lucky to have any girlfriends, what with how hectic life can get, so I'm very, very grateful for the DIS. :thumbsup2

And I don't know that "a tad goofy" is really an accurate description. As you'll see.

By various pictures.

In which I'll be headless, but I think you'll still get the idea. :lmao:

Soooooo.......

Can I offer you some chocolate?

:mickeybar

....liquor??
:drinking1

....A junky apple!!!

images

.....do you accept cash?!.....
:rotfl:

Soooooo.......

Can I offer you some chocolate?

:mickeybar

....liquor??
:drinking1

....A junky apple!!!

images

.....do you accept cash?!.....
:rotfl:

Yum, yum, yum!

I accept all three. Cash totally unnecessary when liquor, junky apples, and chocolate are involved.

Actually, in lieu of cash, I'd be happy with Jack Sparrow. Could you toss him in there? Just go to the Pirate Tutorial in the Magic Kingdom with a great length of rope, use said rope to "kidnap" said pirate, ellude Disney security, and voila!

Hmm....now that I think about it, I don't know if I'd get him back from you if you did that. :scratchin

I hate to post more without getting Tink's take on stuff, so I'll pop off an e-mail to her and see where she's at this weekend.

Truthfully, I'm ITCHING to write the next chapter. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter