TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

The pictures are wonderful. I had been wanting to try out CBR this trip, but the mod race resort was POFQ. It will be on the list for next time though. It looks so tranquil and beautiful.

Those clouds look awfully scary though. I would have holed up too and not come out. :rotfl:

No, you talk about it!!! That's why I ask, because I want to know. :hug:

Can you remind me what time of year you're going again? That would definitely sway my advice on which resort I think you'd like better. That being said, if you're looking for something relaxing when you're not in the parks, then CBR is definitely it. :thumbsup2

Thank you for listening. :goodvibes We are going from 11/28-12/10.

Pooh's Mate: I think CBR would be a great choice for your vacation...my DH loved it. And I think it would appeal to your DH because it's very island/beach resortie instead of DISNEY bright and loud....plus the rooms are a great size and well worth any extra money over a value resort.

Thank you Heidi for your input. I am sure he would love it.

The pictures are wonderful. I had been wanting to try out CBR this trip, but the mod race resort was POFQ. It will be on the list for next time though. It looks so tranquil and beautiful.

I do love POFQ, but for totally different reasons. When I was at CBR, I really felt like I was having a vacation separate from the park atmosphere. It felt so tropical and relaxing to me.

Those clouds look awfully scary though. I would have holed up too and not come out. :rotfl:

We did that for a bit. I can't imagine walking around in that. Especially with the lightning right outside our window. :lmao:

Thank you for listening. :goodvibes We are going from 11/28-12/10.

I have no frame of reference for that time of year, except a short weekend I did one December, and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

I have to agree with Heidi, though, if your DH likes that more relaxed beachy feel, then CBR will be far better for you than Pop.

I have no frame of reference for that time of year, except a short weekend I did one December, and we stayed at the Yacht Club.

I have to agree with Heidi, though, if your DH likes that more relaxed beachy feel, then CBR will be far better for you than Pop.

Well I did make a change.:rolleyes1 We are staying at WL. I thought about it and decided that since we are going for so long we would really appreciate the extra room. My dh said this morning he was wishing we could stay at WL so that cemented the decision for me. I am keeping it a surprise for him.

Well I did make a change.:rolleyes1 We are staying at WL. I thought about it and decided that since we are going for so long we would really appreciate the extra room. My dh said this morning he was wishing we could stay at WL so that cemented the decision for me. I am keeping it a surprise for him.

If there's one resort I would recommend immediately over CBR, it's the Wilderness Lodge. For a first visit, you cannot beat the transportation, the interior corridors, the fun pool! Let me tell you, if it's pouring rain outside, there's nothing better than being able to walk to the food court completely dry. ;)

I'm so happy for you!

Hey, guys? DH and I are having a really hard time agreeing on a name for the little bean. We like unusual names, and our five year old son has an Italian first name, Irish middle name.

I'm just wondering, if any of you are willing to share your favorite boy names? Even if it's something you wouldn't name your child, but you just like, or that you've come across?

I am so sick of looking at baby books and online sites and not being able to agree on anything.

Again, only if you want to. Thanks!

If there's one resort I would recommend immediately over CBR, it's the Wilderness Lodge. For a first visit, you cannot beat the transportation, the interior corridors, the fun pool! Let me tell you, if it's pouring rain outside, there's nothing better than being able to walk to the food court completely dry. ;)

I'm so happy for you!

I am really excited and it looks so beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I know Alexia will love the boat. I hear you on the interior corridors and I am looking forward to covered bus stops too. They only had bunk bed courtyard view left so that is the room we are booked in. My said she will keep looking to see if a standard view room opens up though.

Hey, guys? DH and I are having a really hard time agreeing on a name for the little bean. We like unusual names, and our five year old son has an Italian first name, Irish middle name.

I'm just wondering, if any of you are willing to share your favorite boy names? Even if it's something you wouldn't name your child, but you just like, or that you've come across?

I am so sick of looking at baby books and online sites and not being able to agree on anything.

I will be thinking and get back to you. :upsidedow

I am really excited and it looks so beautiful all decked out for Christmas. I know Alexia will love the boat. I hear you on the interior corridors and I am looking forward to covered bus stops too. They only had bunk bed courtyard view left so that is the room we are booked in. My said she will keep looking to see if a standard view room opens up though.

Your daughter would love the bunk bed, so if you don't get standard, that'll definitely be fun for her! Covered bus stops. Is there nothing sweeter?

I will be thinking and get back to you. :upsidedow

Thanks. I'm so stuck.

Ok I changed my resort again. I always thought that I had wanted to stay at WL but I really wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling Pop either but now I feel like I have the right resort. We are staying in a savannah view room at AKL. It was cheaper than the room I had a WL. My dd will LOVE it. She has said she wants to work in a zoo with the animals, but not cows, ever since she was 2.:rotfl: I do have to say I was surprised it was cheaper, but I am really excited. I am not telling my dd and dh so they will be surprised when we get there.

Heya,

We named my youngest son Dresden. Not sure if German names are off the list for you, but there ya go! :)

Ok I changed my resort again. I always thought that I had wanted to stay at WL but I really wasn't feeling it. I wasn't feeling Pop either but now I feel like I have the right resort. We are staying in a savannah view room at AKL. It was cheaper than the room I had a WL. My dd will LOVE it. She has said she wants to work in a zoo with the animals, but not cows, ever since she was 2.:rotfl: I do have to say I was surprised it was cheaper, but I am really excited. I am not telling my dd and dh so they will be surprised when we get there.

Very cool! My mother has stayed savannah view and absolutely loved it. :thumbsup2

Heya,

We named my youngest son Dresden. Not sure if German names are off the list for you, but there ya go! :)

I like it! :goodvibes

Thanks, Heidi for chiming in on the food court options! As you will see in a week or two on my PTR, we have an empty slot for lunch that will be a non-ticket use day. So, we are trying to figure out where a good CS place to go would be. I think the only resort (mod or deluxe) we aren't going to get to would be CBR, so we were thinking it might be fun to hop over there to eat and take a look.

I thought I'd break this into a separate part. Here's where I entered OPR, and took some interior shots, and the rest of my walk back. Note the darkening and ominous looking skies...

Do I not have copies of your pics?!?! I've NEVER seen these before and am completely...I don't even have words for the way the pictures of the storm makes me feel. Simply incredible. And beautiful in a scary way.

::sigh::

Can we go back now? I'll take it, storm clouds and all.

I just caught up and I so want to go back and quote so much. I'm undecided as to whether I will or not. And I know our good peeps deserve an explanation as to why I've been MIA for so long, particularly since I may want to add my "flavor" to this report going forward again, and I promise that will come, my friends. I feel so bad for "abandoning" this little trippie. Kat's in the know and understands but still...

For now, know this, it partly included a kitteh, a boyfriend, a freakish laceration, two surgeries, two casts, 3 months recovery and a $2,200 bill. :scared1:

But I'm back.
Have a flower.

:flower3:

Um. Hi all. :wave:

Do I not have copies of your pics?!?! I've NEVER seen these before and am completely...I don't even have words for the way the pictures of the storm makes me feel. Simply incredible. And beautiful in a scary way.

::sigh::

Can we go back now? I'll take it, storm clouds and all.

I just caught up and I so want to go back and quote so much. I'm undecided as to whether I will or not. And I know our good peeps deserve an explanation as to why I've been MIA for so long, particularly since I may want to add my "flavor" to this report going forward again, and I promise that will come, my friends. I feel so bad for "abandoning" this little trippie. Kat's in the know and understands but still...

For now, know this, it partly included a kitteh, a boyfriend, a freakish laceration, two surgeries, two casts, 3 months recovery and a $2,200 bill. :scared1:

But I'm back.
Have a flower.

:flower3:

Umm......

Can I reach through my monitor right now and just HUG you?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

YOU HAVE BEEN MISSED!!!! You seriously just made my day to see these posts. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter