TK and Tink: The Trip Report You Never Saw Coming - *Update 7-22* P43

And that's how we ended up on Peter Pan.

That is a ride that I aboslutely love, but will always skip if I don't have a fastpass, because I can't see waiting over an hour for something that lasts less than five minutes. It just doesn't make sense in the TK book of Disney touring. So I was really, really grateful to have those fastpasses, because we were able to take in Peter Pan, one of my favorites.

Ditto. There is always a mega-line for this ride, isn't there?! Definintely a good use of those nice birthday surprise Fastpasses.:goodvibes

Now, we did a lot this morning, but my next big memory is actually from the Haunted Mansion.

And let me tell you a little something that I had hinted about LegoMom before. And hon, if you're ready, make sure you're sitting and get ready to blush.

That woman is one of the most accomodating people I've ever met in my life. She made no qualms about telling us she was just along for the ride, this was our trip, she would go where we wanted.

Well, that's all well and good, except she was mostly letting Tink and I ride together, and I thought, you know, if I don't insist, she'll just keep letting us do that, and riding by herself. And I didn't want her to feel like a third wheel, I mean, we invited her for a reason. :goodvibes

So I told Tink that for HM, I was going to ride with LegoMom.

And I am so glad I did.

Not to slam my girl Tink, but this is one of my fondest memories of my trip. You know how you like someone? And you know that you like them because you have things in common, and you share a similar life philosophy? I knew all of this about LegoMom before we'd even shared this morning together.

But I can tell you the exact moment when I knew that she and I were kindred spirits.

As we were riding the Haunted Mansion, and we approached the ballroom of dancing ghosts, she and I leaned forward at the exact...same...time!

I do that every time I ride on the Haunted Mansion. Can you believe that she does it too? I noticed it and I had to just smile to myself. If I hadn't already known, it was then that I knew she really was a good egg.

TK!!!!!......blush???!.....I'm sure there's even a little tear at the corner of my eye!!:flower3: I wish I could hug you right now!!

:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Up next - Whereupon I Lose The Filter Between My Brain and My Mouth

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:....Oh. My. WORD!....this is what Tink would call a classic *snort*laugh* moment!! From getting weepy to nearly choking on my coffee in 2.1 seconds!...:rotfl:Are you gonna make us wait another week for THAT installment?!! Hmm, very suddenly I'm craving some cheese fries....:confused3

Ditto. There is always a mega-line for this ride, isn't there?! Definintely a good use of those nice birthday surprise Fastpasses.:goodvibes

I thought so. :thumbsup2

TK!!!!!......blush???!.....I'm sure there's even a little tear at the corner of my eye!!:flower3: I wish I could hug you right now!!

:flower3::flower3::flower3:

AWW!!! I'll take that hug to go with a side of Disney World, please. ;)

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:....Oh. My. WORD!....this is what Tink would call a classic *snort*laugh* moment!! From getting weepy to nearly choking on my coffee in 2.1 seconds!...:rotfl:Are you gonna make us wait another week for THAT installment?!! Hmm, very suddenly I'm craving some cheese fries....:confused3

I'm sure you're remembering my regression to five year old antics. So, be a good girl and keep it to yourself. ;)

I'll try to get a post up soon, I promise. I do have some of the photos uploaded from the previously mentioned filter event.

I love IASW too; I've even been known to belt out a tune or two there.

AHHHH, kindred spirits. You just know when it happens; it's a magical thing.

Filter moments. You know I'll be around for that; being into confessions and all!

Ahhh, what a great morning in Fantasyland and on the Haunted Mansion!

I can't wait to find out what you said in the next update!!! :lmao:

Awww...I have to agree adult trips are amazing and what you get done well its a lot of fun!!!

Loved this update and glad you had so much fun on one of my favorite rides of all time!!!!!!

Got to love the friends you have made on the DIS boards...I know I considered myself blessed!

I love IASW too; I've even been known to belt out a tune or two there.

I can't remember if we had any vocal people on our boat.

AHHHH, kindred spirits. You just know when it happens; it's a magical thing.

It was quite magical!

Filter moments. You know I'll be around for that; being into confessions and all!

I sort of unleashed my inner five year old.

Ahhh, what a great morning in Fantasyland and on the Haunted Mansion!

I can't wait to find out what you said in the next update!!! :lmao:

I do come up with some pretty interesting stuff. :lmao:

Awww...I have to agree adult trips are amazing and what you get done well its a lot of fun!!!

Loved this update and glad you had so much fun on one of my favorite rides of all time!!!!!!

Got to love the friends you have made on the DIS boards...I know I considered myself blessed!

I feel blessed as well.

What a great installment, TK! I am not a IASW lover, but I absolutely lean forward during the ballroom part of Haunted Mansion. It is one of my favorite parts, and I don't want to miss anything down there.

In 19 days I'll be on my first adult trip! I can't wait to experience this for myself!!

I love that you rode with LegoMom AND that you found a connection. It's so amazing when that happens. The ballroom scene is my favorite, and I so want to jump out of the car and just look around down there. I think if I ever got the chance to go "backstage" of any ride, that would definitely be the one!

What a great installment, TK! I am not a IASW lover, but I absolutely lean forward during the ballroom part of Haunted Mansion. It is one of my favorite parts, and I don't want to miss anything down there.

Me, too! I feel like I see new or different things every time. And of course, I'm looking for the hidden Mickey. :goodvibes

In 19 days I'll be on my first adult trip! I can't wait to experience this for myself!!

I can't recommend it highly enough.

I love that you rode with LegoMom AND that you found a connection. It's so amazing when that happens. The ballroom scene is my favorite, and I so want to jump out of the car and just look around down there. I think if I ever got the chance to go "backstage" of any ride, that would definitely be the one!

I would have to say I love the whole ride, but I most look forward to that particular scene. There's just so much going on it it, I love it.

It is sounding like it was such a wonderful morning. You are so right about traveling with just adults. It is amazing how much you can see and do with no kids with you. Everytime I travel with my nieces it's like traveling with a road version of a broadway show. Our last family trip we had the kids stroller carrying what felt like about 20 bags. Everytime we'd stop it was the great shuffle to be sure we were bringing along the right bags and had what we should have in tow. I swear we spent more time rearranging bags in the stroller than on rides themselves.

It is sounding like it was such a wonderful morning. You are so right about traveling with just adults. It is amazing how much you can see and do with no kids with you. Everytime I travel with my nieces it's like traveling with a road version of a broadway show. Our last family trip we had the kids stroller carrying what felt like about 20 bags. Everytime we'd stop it was the great shuffle to be sure we were bringing along the right bags and had what we should have in tow. I swear we spent more time rearranging bags in the stroller than on rides themselves.

I know what you mean! We've gotten the bag thing down to a science, but I imagine it's harder with two little ones.

I know what you mean! We've gotten the bag thing down to a science, but I imagine it's harder with two little ones.

Honestly I'm not even sure that it's the kids anymore. They are pretty much ready to go in the parks. My SIL and brother though are a different story. Egads they bring so much stuff with them! No lie our last trip they brought the double stroller, but half of it was taken up with bags right from the get-go. By the end of the day the entire thing would be bogged down with bags. There was no room for my younger niece at all in the stroller. She was hitching a ride with my mom in the wheelchair. :rotfl: It drives me - the queen of the itty bitty teeny tiny park bag nuts.

Ok.

Where are my brain cells?

Anyone seen any extra lying around here?

Because I would swear I have already posted a response over here and can not find it..... :headache:

Anyway...

I love the report so far! You guys having a blast and getting so much done really excites me for our all adult trip planned in Sept! I keep telling All7ofUs that we will get a lot of stuff done...now I have proof! :thumbsup2

I love the Haunted Mansion story. Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!!

Now...

Should I throw some popcorn::?

Nah.

Still here - enjoyed the last update. Isn't so cool when you find someone who just gets you?
I know I haven't made many comments lately - but its for a good reason - we just got a new puppy! I swear its like having a newborn, but I still find time to read the reports. Laundry and housework - not so much.:rolleyes:

Honestly I'm not even sure that it's the kids anymore. They are pretty much ready to go in the parks. My SIL and brother though are a different story. Egads they bring so much stuff with them! No lie our last trip they brought the double stroller, but half of it was taken up with bags right from the get-go. By the end of the day the entire thing would be bogged down with bags. There was no room for my younger niece at all in the stroller. She was hitching a ride with my mom in the wheelchair. :rotfl: It drives me - the queen of the itty bitty teeny tiny park bag nuts.

Oh, gosh. I would have to say I was worse when my son was little, but now that he's older and I am all about how little we can take. Now for us, that still means a backpack, but at least it's not like when we had to bring diapers and whatnot. :lmao: Although we still carry wipes, because quite frankly, those are good for everything! Gross outdoor table? Grab a wipe. Touched something sticky on a guardrail? Wipe those hands off! :lmao:

Ok.

Where are my brain cells?

Anyone seen any extra lying around here?

Because I would swear I have already posted a response over here and can not find it..... :headache:

Anyway...

I love the report so far! You guys having a blast and getting so much done really excites me for our all adult trip planned in Sept! I keep telling All7ofUs that we will get a lot of stuff done...now I have proof! :thumbsup2

I love the Haunted Mansion story. Sounds like you guys had a GREAT time!!

Now...

Should I throw some popcorn::?

Nah.

No popcorn throwing, please! :lmao: You'll have a great time on your adults only trip, trust me.

Still here - enjoyed the last update. Isn't so cool when you find someone who just gets you?
I know I haven't made many comments lately - but its for a good reason - we just got a new puppy! I swear its like having a newborn, but I still find time to read the reports. Laundry and housework - not so much.:rolleyes:

Congrats on the new puppy! I want details! Name, breed, gender, fill us in!!! :goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about the filter incident. popcorn:: Sounds like a positively delightful time in the MK. :)

We were having a really great Magic Kingdom day. :thumbsup2

That, as of late, I've been DIS absent.

I do have a perfectly good reason, which I'd love to relate in song. ;)

ahem...

A Pirate's Life for Three, A Pirate's Life for Three...
What can be said of the beauty of a pirate's life for three...

We journey to Disney, fill up on fun
treat ourselves most heartily, yo ho

We ponder the thought of adding one
to this family of ours, yo ho

What starts as a dream
for a new little bean
becomes a reality, yo ho

And so to relate
the first trimester I face
no more drink up, me hearties yo ho

A Pirate's Life for Three, A Pirate's Life for Three
we're ready to open a new door
and now, I am happy to report...

A Pirate's Life for Four

The day after Thanksgiving, I found out we're expecting our second child. :yay:

CONGRATULATIONS TK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:grouphug::grouphug:

I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for you hon!!! I so wish I could give you a big ol' hug right now......so consider yourself virtually hugged!:hug:

----ETA: LOVE the "song"!!

.​

CONGRATULATIONS TK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:cool1::cool1::cool1:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
:grouphug::grouphug:

I can't tell you how HAPPY I am for you hon!!! I so wish I could give you a big ol' hug right now......so consider yourself virtually hugged!:hug:

----ETA: LOVE the "song"!!

.​

THANK YOU!!!!

Big hugs!!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter