Tix to Hannah Montana or the Nutcracker?

Just wanted to say*Good Luck* with getting the HM tickets!! They seem to be really hard to get. We were very fortunate. I would suggest being ready the moment they go on sale. BTW, it might have been an issue of not being able to purchase very many with her friend situation. They are only selling a max of 4 tix per person. I tried my darndest to get 4 together, but was only able to get 2 and 2. Should be an awesome show!!

:sad1: Was online at 10 am, tried for over 10 minutes for 2 tickets...nothing. We have dial up, so that may be a factor. Also had MIL trying from her house with Comcast connection, and a person at the local Ticketmaster location. 2 strikes and we're out. But I can get them through StubHub or Ebay for over $250 a ticket!!!!!Ya know, I'm all for people makeing $$, but I really think you shouldn't be able to make more than a 50% profit on tix. I'm so sad, I really wanted those tix for her. :sad1: But, life goes on, we'll go see the Nutcracker and have a great time. Thanks fo rall the support!!!!

Darn it - I was really hoping you'd get them. I keep reading that tickets become available closer to the date of the show, so who knows, you might get lucky!

We tried to get them too. NADA!! They even have a message when you call ticketmaster saying they are all sold out. Of course there are plenty of seats if you go through a ticket broker and pay up to $1,300.00 a ticket!! :scared1: Those people make me sick. This is a show kids want to go, that's just crazy.:confused3

Tickets in our area go onsale next Tuesday....I had no idea that this was going to be such a popular show. Just in case we can't get them I'm not going to mention it to our dd8! Wish me luck!!!

Definitely do not mention the concert to DD. I was trying to get them for the Chicago show. We had the whole experience with paying $30 for the pre sale, getting shut out, and then getting shut out again during the general public sale for Chicago today. I am glad I never mentioned it to DD(5) because she would flip if she knew the concert was for sure coming here.

To date, I have not heard of a single family scoring tickets. All I see on eBay is greedy brokers. It makes me so mad.:sad1:

I'm watching the Emmy's right now on Channel 5, and a local Atlanta news station just did a preview for the program with "Many local parents upset because of the lack of available tickets for a popular teen pop stars concert" and showed a pic of HM. Can't wait to watch and see what's said. This whole thing is ridiculous.
My DD knew tix went on sale Sat because we ran into another of her school friends and her Mom at WalMart Friday night, and apparently she put the words tix together with the snippets of our coversation + the fact that I missed the parade Saturday that I was trying for tix. She came in and asked if I had a good day after the parade with this hopeful look in her eye. I finally got up the courage to tell her this morning that I tried and couldn't get tix. She teared up, but handled it OK. I told her I didn't want her to be upset on her birthday when she didn't get them, but I tried really hard and that she was still gonna have a great birthday because I had a backup plan. So now the curiosity is kinda overshadowing the upset. I know it's all about $$, and I'm a grown up but I did shed a tear or two. Good luck to everyone who's still trying and I hope you get those tix. Sending some pixie dust your way!!!

Sounds like your dd has a fantastic Mom for trying so hard for thoseo tx.....I'de be interested to hear what your local news show says about the lack of available tickets to the general public, perhaps you can advise after the segment airs?
One things for sure there will be plenty more opportunity for your daughter to go to concerts as she gets older. I certainly remember spending all of my pay checks in my teens (mostly from working at McDonald's) on those expensive music concerts!

If you can't get HM tickets-try for High school musical on Ice-much more reasonable-however they are starting to sell out everywhere too. It does both movies-great atmosphere and all the music your kids will know-check out youtube for some clips from the opening Tampa shows

I searched las tnight and couldn't find the link on the newswebsite, but's pretty much whay we are all saying. That Tickmaster sold out of tix in less than 60 seconds and they interviewed 2 sets of Moms who were upset. Ticketmaster wouldn't respond other to say that anyone who really wanted tickets could have participated in the presale through the Mileyworld website. One of the Moms did, and didn't get tix there either. Ticketmaster was asked directly how many tix were made available to the general public and how many were sold to tix resellers and they would not give an answer. It also mentioned that you could get tix on Stu*H** for $175 a tix (the cheapest) all the way up to $2500 for 4. And listed the price range normally of $26-$66 per tix.

Unfortunately HSM on Ice was just in Atlanta either last week or the wee before, and since DD's bday is in November, I'd have been a little late. I'm still a little bummed and it more tix are released I may try for some, but if not we'll have a great time. Thanksgiving Thursday, shopping Friday, spending the night with MIL (or their Grandma) in Friday night, Nutcracker Saturday afternoon, a trip to the Varsity after for chili dogs (YUM!!) and tree trimming on Sunday. :banana:

I paid to get presale tix, and what happened to me was a nightmare. I got the presale tickets lined up on Ticketmaster at the stroke of 10, but when it came time to pay, Ticketmaster wouldn't accept my log in (you can register ahead of time with TM in order to enter in all your credit card info to save time). It was a complete disaster!!! I had already logged in to the TM site as a member before the presale began, so I'm not sure why I had to re-enter anything, but so be it. Since the site rejected my log in, by the time I got it straightened out, my tickets had timed out and that was that. I never got another shot.

It is really a shame that only those who are willing to pay brokers outrageous amounts of money are the ones who will see the concert. My friend had her father calling from Nebraska Saturday while she worked the computer at the same time--neither one got any. I'd be really interested to see who's crazy enough to pay broker rates to see the concert.

I am not a big fan of the presale concept as it seems to backfire anytime there is exceptionally high demand for an event. For example, during the last U2 tour, many Chicago fans who paid for presale privileges did not get any tickets, and the site crashed. I "lucked out" that time and got nosebleed seats.

I am totally turned off by this whole situation. If Disney was really interested in entertaining the HM fans, they would consider adding shows or choosing larger arenas. I'm not sure if there are large numbers of tickets being set aside for radio stations, sponsors, and the like, but it seems crazy to me that few to no real folks are getting these.:sad2:

HM tickets went on sale here in KC this past Sat. Supposedly, the tics sold out in 11 minutes. (this is faster that Elton John who sold out in (I believe) 60 minutes) It appears that tickets are now on sale on Ebay for $1000+. Is that crazy or what? There are other price ranges available -most from $200 and up per ticket. Crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter