Titusville

tyna

Earning My Ears
Because of extemely high airfare from New England we are flying into Jacksonville on Thursday afternoon. I was able to use Hilton points to get a Hampton Inn in Titusville. Any one have any suggestions for a place to dine in Titusville? It is myself, DH, DS14 and DS9. The younger is an adventureous eater but the 14 year old sticks to the basic kid menu. Also any idea how long it should take us to drive from Jacksonville? Map quest says 2 hours but we land at 4:45pm so I'm guessing we will hit rush hour traffic. Any insight would be great!

If you want something right close to the hotel, there is a Cracker Barrel at the Titusville interstate exit. You will also find a WalMart for any last minute supplies you might have forgotten. The next morning, I'd suggest a leisure drive along the water front rather than bothering to get back on the interstate. It's only about a 20-30 minute drive to the port.

I'm assuming you are staying off the Hwy 50 and I-95 intersection. Dixie Crossroads may be a bit of a drive(probably 20 mins or so). Not sure how far you are wanting to drive after spending a bit of time traveling. It wouldn't be hard to get too, just hop back on 95, head north one exit( Garden St, not sure the exit number, and it's a straight shot East). As far as where I think your staying, you have the Cracker Barrel as stated, Roadhouse Grill, IHOP, Denny's, Whistle JUnction, and I'm sure a few others that aren't coming to mind at the moment. If none of those will work and you're willing to drive a bit let me know. I can dig up some more places as I only live about 5 minutes from that area. Also, you are right, it's about a 2 hour drive from Jacksonville. Not sure how rush hour traffic will affect you though. HTH

Thanx for the responses, Dixie crossroads looks perfect for my family and we won't mind a 20 minute drive. We will need to do some shopping before the cruise so knowing there is a Wal-mart close by is great. You guys are wonderful! :cool1:

We just love Dixie Crossroads. Verandah Man (Andy) first recommended it on these boards and we make a stop there everytime we are in the area.

Dixie Crossroads - don't miss the Rock Shrimp - we drive out of our way for them!

Kathy:thumbsup2

Can't believe I missed this thead! DH's brother lives in Titusville and we never miss out going to Louis' BBQ at 2191 N US Hwy 1 in Titusville (very close to Mims). Awesome place, great food, and great prices!

Just wanted to chime in here and give you my thoughts. First of all, you will LOVE the Hampton Inn there. We spent the night there before our last cruise, and I was glad that we chose to stay there. It's a very nice hotel, and the staff is excellent.
Someone else had mentioned the Cracker Barrel being on the same exit as the hotel, and actually it is right next door. The DH and I walked over and had dinner there during our stay, so if you're looking for something quick and easy, with GREAT food, this might be a choice for you.

Thanx for the responses, Dixie crossroads looks perfect for my family and we won't mind a 20 minute drive. We will need to do some shopping before the cruise so knowing there is a Wal-mart close by is great. You guys are wonderful! :cool1:

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Titusville, Helen Hauser Blvd, Exit 215, twice pre-cruise, w/ ressies for the next Disney Cruise in May. Great, comfortable choice, w/ 2 queen sized beds instead of 2 doubles in a room. Dixie Crossroads is Exit 205, then two miles east, on the right. Was less than 15 minutes, not 20, very easy. We've dined there 3 times, incl. a cruise when we did not stay in Titusville. The Hampton's hot breakfast buffet...well, there is no additional cost, and you only want to eat light anyway, just to tide you over until the welcome aboard buffet. Then the Exit for the Beeline is Exit 220--I think it was maybe 20 mins. to the port on Jan. 2nd for our last cruise from pulling out of the Hampton parking lot and getting on at exit 215.

hello tyna, I am in CT very close to bdl.I can't help on your op, but I do have a few questions. We have a May cruise and are very close to driving, UGH.

Where are you flying out of, I see prov. to jax is really low.

Did you get a rental car for the day or week?Thanks for any help

Sherrie, WE are flying Albany to Jacksonville for about $200 a ticket. My husband searched on www.itasoftware.com clicking on looking for airfare. Then in the from tab he put in all the airports he could think of: hartford, boston, albany, westchester, JFK, providence, etc. All separated by semi-colons. You can't book from here but you get a good picture of where the cheap flights are. Make sure you uncheck the allow airport changes. box.
We are just going to rent cars for the day done and the return trip; although it is probably going to be $60 each rental but still cheaper than the week and parking.

Good luck!! We were so surprised at how high airfare was out of BDL was-we have been spoiled by low fares for a long time.

Everyone else, thanx for the great responses, we were concerned about this hotel although we have had good luck with Hampton Inns in the past. You all put my mind at rest so now I can find something else to obsess about!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter