tips on requesting a particular site ?

ILoveDisney&Cruising

<font color=peach>DVC member since 2006 ... wish w
I know we can't technically reserve a particular site (unless that's changed) ... but what's the best way to ask them "pretty, pretty please"? (with sugar on top)

I thought in the past, there was an optimal time to call/request, but I can't recall when and who to call.

Can anyone shed some light? Do we call the registration desk at The Fort a certain number of days in advance? Call the 800# and ask them to make a note on our reservation? Or ... is there a better way?

Any and all guidance is GREATLY appreciated!!! Thank you SO much!!

Last edited:
It's my understanding that the BEST way to get the LOOP (if not the site) you want is to request it at "Check-In" time. This may mean you have to wait until later in the day to be able to go to the site until it's been made ready (unless it happens to be already available or early in their "Clean Up" rotation)

That being said, I'd probably call the FORT directly (not the generic reservations) probably not much earlier than about 2 weeks out to see if you could "Ask" nicely (with sugar on top!)

I suspect the "Reservations" of specific sites can play havoc on their schedules which is why they don't (Officially) do it. Going to far out you may just get a CM that tells you YES (when they can't honor it) or one that will tell you that they don't do reservations. I have found that the absolute very best way to get what you want is to be very polite, courteous, friendly, etc... to the CMs you deal with. You know, everything you want the CMs to be for you! Even if they can't or won't help with what you want.

We have requested the loop during check in, and then the site at check in. We typically go "offseason" and always have had good luck. We did have one experience where someone had taken our reserved site, but that's a story for another day.

According to the CM I spoke to a few days ago, they don't get the online checkin request information until 7 days before you arrive. I would call the Fort at or just after that 7 day mark if you are dead set on a specific site. I personally looked through the entire "Post a pic of your campsite" thread and made a list of sites that looked like something I would like. At checkin, if your desired site is not available, pull out the list like I did and see if any of the others are open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter