Tips from mom and 7 yr old

brettgirl

Mouseketeer
Please get to park at ROPE DROP - we accomplished major rides and left around 12 to go back to the hotel to eat (garden grocer delivery), do homework and swim (used the quiet pool, much more relaxing with younger children and you can soak up the sun and do laundry). We stayed at POR, Mansion section Oak Manor.

PHOTOCOPY your park tickets and take pictures of your photopass cards. One day I lost my room key with charge, park hopper passes and my photopass card. I did not have the number on the photo pass card but at MGM I was able to get the number because I knew when it was issued and where the first few pictures were taken (my sick planning schedule!!!). To get new park passes you simply take the copy of cards or just the written numbers to a park info area (before you can get in) and they issue another one right away.

Colllect FP's so you don't have to wait in line.......the longest time I waited was 10 minutes because I followed expert advice. Do plan what you are going to do, it is too overwhelming to just walk into a disney park and look at a map.

I brought my own umbrella stroller, saving time renting and saving my stress level with not listening to "I'm tired, my feet hurt, I can't walk any more......"

You can get a haircut $17 with tip at 4:30 or so, the barber also does girls jell doos with lots of sparkle stuff for a much cheaper price than the girlly place. The girls (most adults) looked so cute. My son's haircut was awsome!

I had one ADR at chef Mickey's on arrival day and that was all. I did it the cheap way of eating, breakfast and lunch or dinner in the room and counter or resort food for one meal. I also ordered the children's menu as the food was much healthier (two fruits and a juice or milk included in your $5) and not as much food as the adult. I found my stress level on not having to BE someplace helped (remember I was traveling with my son alone this time-high functioning autistic where his quirkiness comes out at relaxing times with me alone that drive me insane).

Moleskin saved my trip!!!!

Listen to what your kids want to do.....because of my son's want to go on Pooh again, we got a dream FP (the other one I got at MGM). His most fun was a few of the rides but mostly his afternoon in the pool (which was a great behavior motivator in the morning hours). Have ice cream for dinner at MK on main street-we did and felt devilshly good.

If you have any questions I will be glad to answer them.

Brettgirl

These are great tips- thanks for sharing! I will be going to WDW with DD 7 and DS 9 in December for the first time and I appreciate the advice. I especially like the tip about the haircut- I would so like to avoid BBB ;)

Sounds like you had a great Mother son trip ::yes::

Great tips! Especially about getting to the parks at rope drop! DD & I plan to have an ice cream sundae at Beaches & Cream for dinner one night! Can't wait!

Hey, TammyP2335 - we'll probably be in Disney at the same time! We're from Louisiana too!

Thanks for the tip, especially the reminder to listen to my kids! They've never been, so I don't think it will take too much to overwhelm them. Letting them choose activities (even if it's swimming at the resort), must help keep the peace!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter