tips for dealing with rain?

Don't let the rain phase you at all, as others have said. I was all paranoid about rain, and it rained hard two of my 5 days, but I had so much fun those days. If you have a poncho on, you're good to go. My kids LOVED the rain days. Honestly, the lines were shorter, the kids were beyond excited to stomp in puddles and wear the ponchos, it was like a whole unexpected bonus.

When I was 13, we took a school band trip to Disney.

I remember it was very overcast, and I asked the teacher on the bus, "What happens if it rains?"
He looked outside, and looked back at me and repsonded, "We get wet".
I replied "How do we ride the roller coasters?"
His answer, "Well, they will seem more like water slides!".

Since then I have always tried to look at life with that attitude. if it rains, don't shrug it. Thankfully we are made waterproof. :-)

Exactly. Grab some cheap ponchos, throw an extra pair of shoes n socks in your bag and splash in a few puddles! have fun! A rainy day in Disney is better than a rainy day at home! :)

If there is a day that is calling for rain and you plan on that being a park day, try going to Hollywood Studios. Just about everything is indoors (except the shows). And there a lot of activites to do inside (Animation Courtyard has art galleries and a free drawing class that runs every 30 minutes).

Murron said:
I'm there next week as well. The 10 day forecast seems to be maybe 10 to 30% chances of rain! Not too too bad! :)

Yeah so far just calling for it on sun and mon and not a high percentage at all!!

Just like the others have said, buy a poncho, take extra shoes, and have a good attitude about it. If you can find them get a couple of pairs of boot/shoe dryers. Not the expensive ones but the ones you slide down in your shoes. They're about $15 a pair but they're worth it to start off the days with dry shoes. They are hard to find though.

Silly question but.... we've been to Dis 5-6 times and have luckly had very little rain. We will be there first week in June so I'm prepping a little more for rain with some sturdy ponchos for extended rainy days and cheapies for those short bursts. Now the silly question so let's say we're walking around MK for 4-6 hours in a nice rain. What do you do with the ponchos or umbrella when you go on rides? Keep taking off and putting in backpack or dripping wet or ???

What do you do with the ponchos or umbrella when you go on rides? Keep taking off and putting in backpack or dripping wet or ???

We bring a plastic bag specifically for that purpose. Take off the poncho, fold it up, and put it (and the others) in the bag. Only takes a minute while you're standing in the queue. Same goes for the umbrella. When you get off the ride, if it's still raining, pull out the bag and put on the ponchos.

Repeat as necessary.

I really hate it when someone has gotten the seats wet because they won't take off their ponchos.

Its looking like we'll have some rainy days next week during our trip. Any tips/advice to keep it from "raining on our parade"?

Just grab your ponchos and go :goodvibes. Some of our best times/memories were when it was pouring down rain.

I learned this the hard way. You need good rain shoes that will allow feet to dry quickly - such as Crocs. Torrential downpours cause very wet shoes and unhappy kids. :sad: If not crocs then at least shoes with a very thick sole - definitely not flats. My daughters 9 yr old BFF pulled her shoes and socks off at Le Chefs at the table - needless to say I was embarrassed.

I read a tip here years ago that has helped me out with rainy days. If your tennis shoes get wet remove the liner and laces and open them as wide as you can, then stuff them with crumpled newspaper. The newspaper will help absorb some of the water from the shoes and they will dry a little faster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter