Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer the OP's question. Disney's suggested calculations on the receipt are based on the pre-tax amount.

Hope that helps to end the debate of how each person personally chooses to tip based on the amount of the bill. :goodvibes

wow, i am completely confused! i'm sure this is a dumb question, but please shed some light for me. i am doing the delux dining plan for 2012. if i attend a character meal then a credit is used for this, so it's "prepaid". i'm assuming i leave a cash tip.. like at any other restaurant outside of disney. but after your meal do they give you a bill with the tip amount to be paid. or can i just leave a tip of my choosing, as i would at any other restaurant.

If you're a party of one to five persons, your check will show what your total would have been if you'd been paying cash, as well as calculate 18% and 20% of that total for your convenience in calculating the tip. Feel free to tip whatever you choose; those are suggestions only. Parties of six or more do have to pay a mandatory 18% service charge on the total food/beverage bill.

May be a silly question but do we tip the bus drivers on the buses we use to and from the park? I saw it mentioned somewhere that someone brings an envelope with singles to tip the bus drivers. First time at Disney and I just want to have all my areas covered. Thanks:)

May be a silly question but do we tip the bus drivers on the buses we use to and from the park? I saw it mentioned somewhere that someone brings an envelope with singles to tip the bus drivers. First time at Disney and I just want to have all my areas covered. Thanks:)

No, you don't need to tip the bus drivers.

You do not tip the Disney internal bus drivers but it is customary to tip the Magical Express drivers (the airport buses) if they handle luggage for you.

Let's keep the discussion to restaurants.

We will be traveling with my parents...they will be on the DDP, we will be paying oop....I assume we will pay 18% (with the 2 yo that makes 6 of us at the table...though there are 2 bills) tip...so its already added to the receipt when we use our disney rewards card?

when you are presented with your bill the grat will already be added at the bottom of the check, how you choose to pay is up to you

seem the employees at WPE are allowed to accept tips.:confused3
1.gif
12.gif
14.gif
15.gif
16.gif
17.gif
18.gif
19.gif
20.gif

I'm planning on ordering a custom cake to be delivered to CRT. When I pay for the cake what percentage should I tip for the delivery of the cake?

I'm planning on ordering a custom cake to be delivered to CRT. When I pay for the cake what percentage should I tip for the delivery of the cake?

Do they bring custom cakes to CRt. I thought I read at one time they didn't.

someone mentioned that in the fantasmic package at Mama Melrose-tip is included. :confused:
Ive never seen this mentioned before and just wanted to clarify if this was correct?:goodvibes

I was a little worried about this using the DDP for the first time next month. I thought to use the room key, but didnt know if you could do that or not. I was planning on just doing the 18% as usual. Thanks for the thread.

I have several questions about tipping....please answer what you can:) and don't flame me for what you can't:hug:

1. Do you generally tip the Magical Express Drivers? Each way? Just want to know so that I have something on hand when I'm getting off the bus....

2. We will be taking a cab to a couple of ressies and also to and from Sea World and Discovery Cove. I have never taken a cab before...oh help me:confused: ....could be interesting....BUT, do you tip the drivers as well? A small amount on top of the rate?

3. Mousekeeping? Tip them each day? I thought I read somewhere else people would leave money for them in envelopes? Is it much? I didn't do this last trip but thought if its common....

4.......Tips in general. I'm a tipper. I like to tip for good service. Having said that.....am I to be help to Disney's 18% or 20% tipping standards? Or is it what I feel is right? Good service is good service. But IMO, poor service is poor service.

Thanks for any help that can be given:)

I have several questions about tipping....please answer what you can:) and don't flame me for what you can't:hug:

1. Do you generally tip the Magical Express Drivers? Each way? Just want to know so that I have something on hand when I'm getting off the bus....

2. We will be taking a cab to a couple of ressies and also to and from Sea World and Discovery Cove. I have never taken a cab before...oh help me:confused: ....could be interesting....BUT, do you tip the drivers as well? A small amount on top of the rate?

3. Mousekeeping? Tip them each day? I thought I read somewhere else people would leave money for them in envelopes? Is it much? I didn't do this last trip but thought if its common....

4.......Tips in general. I'm a tipper. I like to tip for good service. Having said that.....am I to be help to Disney's 18% or 20% tipping standards? Or is it what I feel is right? Good service is good service. But IMO, poor service is poor service.

1. A tip is expected if the driver handles your bags. If not, you can tip if you like, but it isn't necessary.

2. Yes, you should tip the cab driver. 15 to 20 percent is standard.

3. Tipping isn't necessary, but if you do tip. $1 to $2 dollers per person per night. is standard.

4. 15 to 20 percent is standard for good service.

All is at your degression,
1 you can if you chose. Many do if they handle a bag.
2. It is customery to tip cab drivers, if you so chose. Some will include it in the total.
3.Again totally up to you. Some do, some don't.
4. It's all up to you. It can be a heated debate, so what ever you feel comfortable with. If you have poor service, it is suggested you talk to managment if you feel it is that bad. Disney tips on food services are only suggested, You can tip what you want. Only if you have a party of 6 or more do you have to follow it, and then again if service is poor, get a manager.

This is my first time as an annual passholder.

We also just bought DVC so we will probably do DDP or DXDP for some meals.

How does that work with TIW- If I buy a drink or something not covered by my ddp and I use TIW will they add 18% of the non discounted price of that 1 or 2 items or my entire meal including items on paid for with ddp.

So assuming I spent 100 of ddp items and 10 on a drink would my bill be

10 + 18% of 110 (19.80)- 20% (2) = 27.80

or

10 + 18% of 10 (1.80)- 20% (2) = 9.8 plus a tip I write in for the ddp meal

I know tips are not included on ddp- that is not an issue I am just wanting to know in advance how the automatic tip is calculated.

We will always have 5 or less people so the party of 6 does not apply.

$100 DDP credits - check showing total 'spent', tax, and what 18% and 20% of amount 'spent' would be for guest convenience.
$10 TiW - separate check showing $10 minus 20% discount plus tax on discounted total plus 18% of $10 original check.

So: $10 - $2 + .52 + $1.80 = $10.32; plus whatever amount you choose to tip for the DDP-covered items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter