Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're not a party of six or more, then 'normal' tipping applies to you. Suggested percentages will be shown on your original check or checks for your convenience, but you ultimately decide how much to tip.

cheyandrew7
personal tipping habits is not a topic for discussion. Sorry!

I am working on the details for our upcoming trip.

When do buffet prices increase for seasonal dates?

We have a large group composed of several families. I am trying to anticipate costs of the meal tips so that we can pay the person whose card is attached to the suite and that way we really do not have to figure tips with each meal. We are all on the meal plan so the credits are fairly simple to do but tips are a nightmare.

Most meals are fairly simple as many people have favorite meals so I know what they are going to order or it is a buffet so the price is set......or is it? When do seasonal price increases take effect in December?

Also do some meals have tips included this year?

For example we are doing the Grand Gathering Safari Celebration dinner. Does that price/2 TS include tips? :confused3

I thought the Candle Light Processional included tips but I have now found where tips are not included on that one.

Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup2

I was wondering if anyone knew if the tip was included in Tony's grand gathering breakfast and the Fantasmic dinner packag? I remember from last trip being surprised that the tip was included but I can't remember which one.

Just a reminder to please read the first post of the thread before posting here.

A few posts have had to be removed and if anyone wonders where their post went, you can probably find your answer in the first post.

(I know it says will be deleted without comment, but I thought it'd be nice to mention this as a friendly reminder) :goodvibes

I am working on the details for our upcoming trip.

When do buffet prices increase for seasonal dates?

We have a large group composed of several families. I am trying to anticipate costs of the meal tips so that we can pay the person whose card is attached to the suite and that way we really do not have to figure tips with each meal. We are all on the meal plan so the credits are fairly simple to do but tips are a nightmare.

Most meals are fairly simple as many people have favorite meals so I know what they are going to order or it is a buffet so the price is set......or is it? When do seasonal price increases take effect in December?

Also do some meals have tips included this year?

For example we are doing the Grand Gathering Safari Celebration dinner. Does that price/2 TS include tips? :confused3

I thought the Candle Light Processional included tips but I have now found where tips are not included on that one.

Thanks in advance for the help. :thumbsup2

I finally was forced to call Disney and ask these questions.

Does anyone else really dislike the voice recognition program they are trying to use when they ask you to say and spell your name? It works fine for my phone and address but it never gets our name right. I hate repeating it and it is still wrong. Just a waste of my time! :sad1:

Any way, I was told that the seasonal prices will not be started while we are there, the first two weeks of Dec. So no price increase on that.:banana:

The Grand Gathering Safari Celebration price includes the normal tip. So that is good news too!

Candle Light Processional Dining package does not include tip!

Now off to calculate everyone tips! :thumbsup2

Does anyone else really dislike the voice recognition program they are trying to use when they ask you to say and spell your name? It works fine for my phone and address but it never gets our name right. I hate repeating it and it is still wrong. Just a waste of my time! :sad1:

Urgh, it's not that I mind the voice recognition, but earlier this year when I had a cold I coughed midway through the whole spiel and the darn thing went into Spanish. Unfortunately my high school Spanish was NOT going to be much use to me to deal with the information I needed to request and provide. :rolleyes1

Urgh, it's not that I mind the voice recognition, but earlier this year when I had a cold I coughed midway through the whole spiel and the darn thing went into Spanish. Unfortunately my high school Spanish was NOT going to be much use to me to deal with the information I needed to request and provide. :rolleyes1

Our last name is hard to spell on the phone - F and S are easily confused. On top of that, my last name is hyphenated. NOT FUN with the Disney voice recognition. AT ALL.

I've had more trouble with the Disney World phone systems and reps this trip!

Someone upthread asked about tipping WRT the Restaurant.com coupons - here's a picture of how it worked for us at HoB, for anyone still wondering:

tumblr_l8nt5gpnHw1qaqd2ko1_500.jpg

Note that the $1 charge gets listed twice but only added once. 1+13+7.84+2.49=24.33, not 23.33. So the 7.84 is the tip AND the IHOBF. So if you're leaving over the mandatory 18%, be aware.

Forgive me if this question have been asked before...
This will be our family first Disney Trip. We are a family of five. My sister in law and (maybe my mother in law) will be going as well. We will have two separate dining plan. We will have ADR's for 6 or maybe 7 people. We will ask for two separate checks. Will 18% be add to each check even if we have two checks? Or we tip the server according to the meal cost?
Thank you...

Forgive me if this question have been asked before...
This will be our family first Disney Trip. We are a family of five. My sister in law and (maybe my mother in law) will be going as well. We will have two separate dining plan. We will have ADR's for 6 or maybe 7 people. We will ask for two separate checks. Will 18% be add to each check even if we have two checks? Or we tip the server according to the meal cost?
Thank you...

If you are all on one ADR, yes you will have it automically added.

latmck said:
Will 18% be add to each check even if we have two checks?
This is from the first post in this thread:
Parties of 6 include everyone at the table, including children under 3 and infants. If you are dining with another group and paying separate, you are still subject to the 18% gratuity added to the bill. Each group at the table can get their own bill with their portion of the gratuity split out.

If you're all seated together, yes, appropriate 18% service charge automatically added to each check.
If you're seated at separate tables with the same server, appropriate 18% service charge automatically added to each check.
If you're seated at separate tables with separate servers, there'll be a suggested 18% and 20% amount listed on each check for convenience but the actual tip is up to the Guest.

I know that I should be able to wrap my brain around this but I am just not getting it! :confused3

We will be traveling next year with my sister's family so there will be 7 of us total on two separate reservations. I know that the 18% will be added onto each of our bills. Since we will have deluxe dining, will the 'bill' only be for the tip as long as we did not have alcohol or anything else not covered? If we do have alcohol, will we still get a separate check for that again with the 18% added?

In theory I am guessing that we will end up with 4 checks ... one for each of us with just the tip amount and one for each of us with the extras ... is this correct?

And I am assuming that we could still pay the main tip portion in cash but use some other form to pay the extra check if applicable?

Sorry to be so dense ...! :rolleyes:

Hello All

I was wondering if anyone out there has been to the hoop de doo review using the dining plan. All Ears states that tips are included in the price.
Does this apply to those using the dining plan?

Your replies are appreciated
Searl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter