Tipping Info Thread for Disney Dining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, another tip budget thread...

Regular Dining Plan for 2 adults, 1 child. How much should I anticipate for table service tips @ 20%.

Yes, another tip budget thread...

Regular Dining Plan for 2 adults, 1 child. How much should I anticipate for table service tips @ 20%.

That's going to pretty much depend entirely on where you eat and what you order.

That's going to pretty much depend entirely on where you eat and what you order.

I'm calculating about $20 entrees for DH and myself and $10 for D7. Not big drinkers, maybe 1 beer with dinner. Don't need appys and desserts included. I'm thinking between $60-$70 per night for dinner? Sound about right?

I'm calculating about $20 entrees for DH and myself and $10 for D7. Not big drinkers, maybe 1 beer with dinner. Don't need appys and desserts included. I'm thinking between $60-$70 per night for dinner? Sound about right?

It depends on wher you eat. If you are doing buffets it will be higher. I would say on average our family of 3 had about a $75 bill each night. We did alot of buffets though or family styles.

I looked up the cost of all of our meals and figured out what our tip would be at each place, based on two adults, one child and one free child and added up the total tips for our week.

I'm thinking about getting a Disney Gift Card in that amount, writing "TIPS" on it in sharpie and then using that solely for tips on our trip. Will I make myself crazy having a separate gift card for tipping or will it make life easier? I don't use credit cards (ever) and I don't like using my check card on vacation because I lose track of spending too easily.

I looked up the cost of all of our meals and figured out what our tip would be at each place, based on two adults, one child and one free child and added up the total tips for our week.

I'm thinking about getting a Disney Gift Card in that amount, writing "TIPS" on it in sharpie and then using that solely for tips on our trip. Will I make myself crazy having a separate gift card for tipping or will it make life easier? I don't use credit cards (ever) and I don't like using my check card on vacation because I lose track of spending too easily.

I'm actually planning to do the same thing. I think it should work out just fine.

I'm actually planning to do the same thing. I think it should work out just fine.

As long as you know what cards you are using for which purpose, it won't be a problem at all. It's better than carrying separate envelopes of cash around for tips. I can see that working very well. All you would need to do is remember to have the card with you and remember when you pay to explain clearly to the server how you wish the bill and tips to be charged.

We are on the DxDDP staying at Coronado Springs. I heard something about a 10% tip for Pepper Market eventhough it is a counter service. I did a search and found that some on the dining plan were not charged the tip, and some paid the tip. Which is it?

We are on the DxDDP staying at Coronado Springs. I heard something about a 10% tip for Pepper Market eventhough it is a counter service. I did a search and found that some on the dining plan were not charged the tip, and some paid the tip. Which is it?

There seems to be inconsistency with this. I would just expect to pay the 10% just in case. The general consensus is that if you want to completely avoid this, ask for your meal to go and you can take it and eat it oustide.

If I put food money onto a gift card--can I also run the tip at a TS on a gift card?

With less than 2 weeks to go, I just budgeted out the money for my ADR's including tips. Now this is a non-DP trip, so everything is being paid for OOP.
I can easily set the cash out for each. But the gift card would be a lot easier, 3 of us are sharing a room, so we're trying to avoid room charges when it comes to food.

I read through the whole thread!:cheer2: I still have a question though. We're a family of 4 on the dinning plan but we won't have charging privileges on our room card. I'll be using a gift card for all our tips/shopping at Disney. When we receive our bill do I put our room card and gift card in the folder together? Will the waiter understand that the gift card is to be used for tips?

I read through the whole thread!:cheer2: I still have a question though. We're a family of 4 on the dinning plan but we won't have charging privileges on our room card. I'll be using a gift card for all our tips/shopping at Disney. When we receive our bill do I put our room card and gift card in the folder together? Will the waiter understand that the gift card is to be used for tips?

Just tell your waiter that you want the tip amount put on your gift card and also be sure they know the amount.

if im on the dining plan but lets say i order an alcoholic beverage, when they bring me my bill, i will hand them my key card for the dining and my credit card for the extras. then do they bring it back to you to sign it or do you automatically do that when they first bring you your bill. oh and can i pay for the extras on my credit card but the leave cash for the tip.

There are reports that there are now signs up in the Pepper Market stating that the 10% is not included in the dining plan.

Haven't used the plan before so looking for some help. From what I've seen they don't show you prices on your receipt if you use your credits so how do know what to tip if less then a party of 8??

Haven't used the plan before so looking for some help. From what I've seen they don't show you prices on your receipt if you use your credits so how do know what to tip if less then a party of 8??

You will still get a bill with the total cost or what it would have been anyways. That's what you base the gratuities on..

:)

When you are done with your meal, your server will bring u a check. It looks just like a normal check for any resturant, each item priced out, total and tax. Below that is the tip spot with 2 lines that say: Suggested tips amounts 18
% and what 18% would be, and 20% and what 20% would be. You fill out the tip (if you want to use a card) and give them your KTTWC telling them you want to use your dining plan. (sometimes they ask before the meal, but I have ALWAYS recieved an itemized check) they will bring u back a check with the dining plan items $0.00 out. and the tip amounts listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter