Tinker Bell ½ Marathon Weekend ~ 2014 Check-in!

We will be there!! Our first time at Disneyland, and our first HALF marathon in almost two years.

I quit running, and we decided to pick it back up and go for the coast to the coast medal in 2014.

Training officially got underway today.

I threw this out there on the WISH thread and thought I would post in here for those who don't post there...

Since ADRs are now open for race weekend, if anyone's interested in meeting up for dinner Friday like last year, I can set up a reservation. Just let me know so I can get a head count.

Got addicted to running this year while I was on parental leave for 9 months. Have ran in several races (5K, 10K) since early Fall in addition to usual training runs. However, I have never ran a half-marathon before so this will be my first unless I squeeze a local race in before then. Going to run all three distances in the Tinkerbell.

Going solo - kids staying behind with my folks - so not sure if I will be visiting the parks. May just save the park tickets for a visit later in the year. I will be running for a charity team though so looking forward to meeting new people. Not splurging on accommodations given the short stay - just somewhere close and comfortable.

Good luck to everyone!

Got addicted to running this year while I was on parental leave for 9 months. Have run in several races (5K, 10K) since early Fall in addition to usual training runs. However, I have never run a half-marathon before so this will be my first unless I squeeze a local race in before then. Going to run all three distances in the Tinkerbell.

Going solo - kids staying behind with my folks - so not sure if I will be visiting the parks. May just save the park tickets for a visit later in the year. I will be running for a charity team though so looking forward to meeting new people. Not splurging on accommodations given the short stay - just somewhere close and comfortable.

Good luck to everyone!

Welcome and good luck to you! Run Disney puts on a great race. You're going to have a great time!

Got addicted to running this year while I was on parental leave for 9 months. Have run in several races (5K, 10K) since early Fall in addition to usual training runs. However, I have never run a half-marathon before so this will be my first unless I squeeze a local race in before then. Going to run all three distances in the Tinkerbell.

Good luck to everyone!

Hi! You're going to have so much fun, the Disney races are really addicting. :goodvibes I'm doing all 3 too! Good luck w/ the rest of your training.

Thanks! I'm quite excited. My friends don't share my excitement but I remind them that I enjoy Disney AND running so a Disney race is pretty awesome :)

I'm already certain I will run more Disney races in the future. I'm hoping to bring my son and daughter to the next race so they can participate in the kids' races.

Good luck to you both too!

For all my Tinker Bell fellow runners who might want to run in a Sparkle Skirt I am having a fundraiser to benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am running with Team in Training for the Nike DC half marathon in April and am committed to raising $5000.

One entry is $5, 3 for $10 and 10 for $25. The winner will get one Sparkle Skirt of their choice or a Sparkle Skirt Gift card for $65 for a future skirt.

The drawing will be Christmas Day so you will be able to get your skirt in time for Tink.

The link to my page is: http://pages.teamintraining.org/oswim/nikewhlf14/mjohnsodcd

Thank you for helping stop cancer.

Im so excited for you all!! I did the Tinkerbell run this year, but didn't sign up for 2014 :(
I will be making a special trip during the run to the expo to get my hands on a new pair of the NB disney shoes for the entire family, I got the Minnie pair already, but excited to get the new model with Cinderella theme. I will also be getting my kids each a pair and maybe my husband if he likes the color/theme. I just hope that I can get them without them running out.
Good Luck!!

Thanks Patty! I won't be running the 1/2 this year, only the 5k and 10k, but I'll be there chearing everyone on!

I actually like the 10k route, mainly because it appears to be predominantly in the parks or backstage. Sure, the last 2 miles will be difficult for me because the entertainment will be gone and I'll lose momentum and motivation, but I'll just have to kick up the iPod Run Playlist for a higher tempo last 2 miles to compensate. :music:

Hi guys, it's my first post here! I'm doing the Tink 1/2 and will be staying at the Grand CA from 1/16-1/20. It's my first Disney run and first half marathon. The nerves are starting to kick in!

Hi guys, it's my first post here! I'm doing the Tink 1/2 and will be staying at the Grand CA from 1/16-1/20. It's my first Disney run and first half marathon. The nerves are starting to kick in!

You are sooo going to love the grand Cali...DH and I stayed there for the Disneyland half in Sept...glad the course for Tink is diff...think you will like it ...best of luck !

I've done the tink half the last 2 years and am doing it again in 2014 along with the 10k. I had gotten used to it being in jan.
I just looked at the program and in 2015 it will be may 7-10!

The wife is running her first Disney runs. The 10k and 1/2!

Can't wait , haven't been to Disneyland since I was 9, wife's first trip (Fl girl). :cool1:

We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel for a long weekend, couldn't get too much time off of work.

I've done the tink half the last 2 years and am doing it again in 2014 along with the 10k. I had gotten used to it being in jan.
I just looked at the program and in 2015 it will be may 7-10!

Yep. Mother's Day weekend. I'm not thrilled.

Thanks Gryhndmom! I stayed at DLH on my last visit and loved it, so I imagine the GCA will be a similar experience. I've got my spa time and Napa Rose dinner booked already. I'm doing the full monty this go round. :)

Program's out as well today. 5k course is the same as the past couple of years, we start at the Castle. :lovestruc

Final race email went out as well and it had the virtual goody bag. PM me if you didn't get it and I can forward it on to you.

4 more weeks... :tinker:

Yep. Mother's Day weekend. I'm not thrilled.

I don't think a ton of people are trilled judging by the reaction on the internet. I was talking with one of my friends who is local about the change and they pointed out the change might not be just because of the other races though. But something on Anaheims end (like road work or not getting the permits) which actually makes quiet a bit of sense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter