Time to say goodbye to a terrible show and parade!

mrskirk said:
Hmm, the last time we went in Fall 2012 the DHS parade (I believe the pixar parade) was I think called the Block Party? It had lots of Bugs Life characters I think in it, green army men, and lots of people on skates/scooters dancing. We absolutely loved it. It was a nice little parade. They had all the balls bounce out at the end that read "Block Party" on them. That stinks if this is the parade. Hopefully, they will come out with something then for this park before we head to WDW in October. DHS is somewhat lacking a bit or maybe I should stop trying to hold it up to a MK standard.

That was the parade before the one the rumors are calling for an end to.

Has this been confirmed?

Because I have the print out park schedule from DisneyWorld for September, and it is still showing the Pixar Pals parade on there every day at Hollywood Studios.

I would be quite surprised if the very next day there is not a new parade in its place. The only Disney park without a daily parade is EPCOT so I am fairly sure there will be some sort of new parade. They are too popular.

Has this been confirmed?

Because I have the print out park schedule from DisneyWorld for September, and it is still showing the Pixar Pals parade on there every day at Hollywood Studios.

Yes. The cast for the parade and the Disney Channel Rocks show were notified last Friday.

I would be quite surprised if the very next day there is not a new parade in its place. The only Disney park without a daily parade is EPCOT so I am fairly sure there will be some sort of new parade. They are too popular.

From what I have heard, they will be doing behind the scenes road work making it impossible to move parade floats, so I would not expect a new parade for at least a little while.

From what I have heard, they will be doing behind the scenes road work making it impossible to move parade floats, so I would not expect a new parade for at least a little while.

I've read rumors about a DHS expansion announcement coming in late April/early May. I'm wondering if these cancellations (and/or the roadwork you mentioned) have anything to do with that.

Dont mind seeing the backside of the disney channel parade, pixar I dont mind. Lots of people run to the parade. opens up the rides a bit LOL

I casually watched the Pixar parade. They definitely ought to have a Pixar centric parade, but updating this one would not be a bad idea. I never noticed the Disney Channel Rocks component (or was it it's own parade?).

I casually watched the Pixar parade. They definitely ought to have a Pixar centric parade, but updating this one would not be a bad idea. I never noticed the Disney Channel Rocks component (or was it it's own parade?).

DCR was a stage show in front of the big hat. It was the High School Musical show prior to DCR.

Has there been an official announcement? I haven't seen anything and the schedules still show the parade is running. I would think they would need to let customers know before they stop the parade. With that said, I think we only watched this once and DD liked it, but we didn't feel it was worth planning for. I for one will be looking forward to seeing what they replace it with when they get there.

Has there been an official announcement? I haven't seen anything and the schedules still show the parade is running. I would think they would need to let customers know before they stop the parade. With that said, I think we only watched this once and DD liked it, but we didn't feel it was worth planning for. I for one will be looking forward to seeing what they replace it with when they get there.

As stated on the previous page, cast members were notified on Friday that the last scheduled day is April 6. There has been no public statement by Disney, but it is being reported by several sites dedicated to WDW information.

Sorry I have not been able to give more information since I posted this.

The Parade/DCR/Fantasmic Cast were notified about this change Friday, only hours after the decision was made. There are many rumors about why this is happening, such as park expansion for Star Wars Land/Lucas Land type stuff, but the only thing that has been confirmed is that there will be backstage roadwork in the area of the parade route before it starts and after it ends, and that the floats will not be able to pass. The Disney Channel Rocks float that's the same path that the parade does to exit.

What do you think this means for the Legends of the Force parade during SWW? I find it very hard to believe they would do away with that.

What do you think this means for the Legends of the Force parade during SWW? I find it very hard to believe they would do away with that.

From what I have heard and what I know about the backstage areas in which the floats drive, the rented cars that are used for the Star Wars Weekend parades are about to exit into the CM parking lot behind Indiana Jones and will not take the full path the parade takes currently.

I am really sad to see the parade go. If it is only backstage work it will probably come back again.

One will, but it will not be the same Countdown to Fun Parade.

Cant help but feel this is a trial to see how dropping the parade and show affects visitor numbers with the possible intention of dropping the parade from DHS permanently.

Overall, to me, this definitely drops the park from a full day to a half day park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter