• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Time of Year

Favorite time of year?

• Falls

• Winter

• Spring

• Summer

Results are only viewable after voting.

boscov

Mouseketeer
What is your favorite time of year to go any why? I have always loved Christmas time in WDW, however, now that I have kids, my 5yo always wants to swim. While I understand the pools are heated, getting out of the pool can be a bit chilling. I want to go in the summer and cool off with a nice swim, but I worry about my infant in the heat. Is late September/Early October the best time to go? It has Halloween and is still warm enough to swim? Thoughts?

I voted for fall. But I'd recommend going late Oct/early Nov, when it has actually started to cool down a bit. We have frequently gone in late Sept and found it to still be incredibly hot and humid.

Early May to be precise. The best weather and usually lower crowds. You can also see the Flower and Garden Festival at EPCOT.

I love going during Christmas and seeing the decor, but when I'm September this past time and was it hot. I picked fall only because my kids love to swim and we haven't been able to in December.

Mid-December. I love all the Christmas decorations, but we get out of WDW before the holiday rush arrives. We are packing now because we leave this weekend!!

Winter. Because of the weather; we went a few times in September/early October and I thought I would die from the heat. I actually got really sick; we're not used to it where I'm from. :) So even though we love MNSSHP, I think winter and tolerable weather is best.

We usually go in Jan-Feb because of lower prices and crowds. But last year we went the end of April, beginning of May and the weather was great. Even my husband went swimming, and he never swims! It was sunny and not too hot.

Even with the crowds, we love going in April. The weather is great for swimming and not too hot in the parks

Anytime in Sept., take the kids out of school!:scared1:
Yep, I'm one of THOSE parents.
Or, late Aug. or early as possible in June.
Still hot in Sept. too!

love winter and spring is great too

in the fall you have the food/wine festival in Oct/Nov - starts late Sept

Late October, early November is my favorite time. Temps are normally warm enough without the humidity. After Thanksgiving is my second choice for the Christmas decorations.

As others have said...love LATE NIGHTS in the summer!! Also, the ability to swim/do water parks at any time without ever catching a chill! :) But, of course, the daytime heat in the parks leaves much to be desired! It's a bit of a trade off!

We've been in July, September, October, and December. Have to say that we liked December best because of the Christmas decorations. We are going to try May this year, though. I am excited !

December is my favorite and we've always been able to swim. Actually we were there last week and it was in the 80s! I've been in April as well and remember it raining a lot! We plan to try January of 2014 next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter