Time for Dolphin Swim

PetePanMan

DIS Veteran
Hey

We plan to go to DC for first time in April 2013. Just wondering if Dolphin swim times are only assigned once you arrive at park or can you reserve in advance.

Also, can you pick the time of day once you arrive ie you don't just take the next available time when you check in.

thx for any info

Hey

We plan to go to DC for first time in April 2013. Just wondering if Dolphin swim times are only assigned once you arrive at park or can you reserve in advance.

Also, can you pick the time of day once you arrive ie you don't just take the next available time when you check in.

thx for any info

Your dolphin swim time is assigned by a DC staff member when you check in.

Generally speaking, the earlier you check in, the earlier your swim time will be. If you want a very early swim time, I would suggest being there before the official opening time.

To give you an idea (and every day will be different), we arrived at 8:15 am on January 1st, and had a swim time of 9:50 am.

I'd phrase it a lil different from our experience

True, you don't pick the time on line, you won't do that until check in

but at check in you will be offered what's available ... so the earlier you check in the more choice you have. We got to pick our time, from what was available - it was not 'assigned'.

Most visitors tend to be anxious - and given the Florida propensity for afternoon thunder storms that ain't a bad idea - so early times tend to fill first.

So if you want an early swim time, yes arrive early and be among the first to check in.

discoverycove3.jpg

I have not hear from many about getting to select their time -- was this very recent?!

We were at DC in May, 2012 and had reserved the deluxe cabana/dolphin swim package. We were not given an option to select anything other than the time that was assigned to us. It might have been an option but it was not presented to us.

We were there last week and were not given a time option, just told our time was at 8:40am - in the first groups going.

I highly recommend arriving early to get an early time with the dolphins - it was so nice not having to worry about what time it was for the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter