• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tim burton to direct live action dumbo

Funny I never thought of the crows as racist. Ethnic .....yes....but not racist! It is a cute, funny and well done scene/song and not at all degrading!

AKK

I love Dumbo, except for the blatantly racist song when the circus tents are being set up in the rain. If Tim Burton can make a version that excludes the racially insensitive parts of it so I can show it to my son without fast-forwarding, I will be thrilled.
I haven't read through all the posts yet but when I saw this I just had to ask, what do you think of the black crows? They are racial stereo types, very common to movies of that era. My husband was black and our 2 children mixed, I have shown this and other movies to our children (both now grown) because I don't believe in hiding the truth from them. I have used this and other movies as teaching tools, my children and I are able to talk about racism past and present. Hiding racism from children doesn't prevent it, it just makes them unaware.

Well, I for one think this has great potential. I think it's right in Burton's "wheelhouse" and with all the concern for animal rights o_O, I think Disney will make a mint.

...and of course, the live action version will be very different from the animated version. It's a NEW FILM. It doesn't have to follow the screenplay of the old film. ...and I love "Dumbo" too. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter