**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

b9511534.jpg

I did not want to deal with dye so I thought of the idea of doing a reverse tie dye. I did the same directions with the basting and used jean thread. I soaked it in a 4:1 bleach mixture for around 15 minutes. This was an old 100% cotton tank top I had a weird smell that I was going to throw away that is now saved. Now going to do another shirt that I original wanted done. I might put some rhinestones around the face to bling him up more! I might make one for DF, it's a 50/50 chance of him wearing it.

The light blue and dark blue [looks like black] are still my favorite combination.

Did you make all those today?

OK I just rinsed ours in the sink. The colors are good enough but most of the Mickey's are pretty hidden! ;) I have a bleach pen but I am not sdure how to do it! Do I trace around the original pattern? while they are wet? If I bleach some and then put them all in the washer together will it mess up the other ones? Please help me save them we leave Sunday so no way can I start over!

Help, please! I'm dyeing my shirts tomorrow and Tuesday, and I just found out I don't have enough Synthrapol to wash them when I'm done! Does anyone know what I can use in place of it, or where it may be locally?

Thanks for any help!

JoAnn's only has it on line, Michael's doesn't show it, Hobby Lobby doesn't have a search feature and I can't tell if ACMoore is on-line only or they would have it in the stores.

JoAnn's only has it on line, Michael's doesn't show it, Hobby Lobby doesn't have a search feature and I can't tell if ACMoore is on-line only or they would have it in the stores.

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. That was what I had found also, that there are a few places I can order it online, but nowhere that lists it as being found in stores.

A google search states that you can use regular Dawn dish soap as a replacement, but I've not heard of that and I'd hate to ruin our shirts.

Those are FANTASTIC. I love the patriotic designs. You've made me want to dig out my dyes and try to make some for the 4th of July for all of my grandkids!

Those are FANTASTIC. I love the patriotic designs. You've made me want to dig out my dyes and try to make some for the 4th of July for all of my grandkids!

Go for it!! :thumbsup2 My kids are not so little kids anymore so they now choose what to wear, but for 4th of July they'll them. :thumbsup2

I may be too late with this response but I think the BLUE Dawn soap will work. It's regularly used with cloth diapers to strip excess build up.

A google search states that you can use regular Dawn dish soap as a replacement, but I've not heard of that and I'd hate to ruin our shirts.[/QUOTE]

Due to time constraints I may use the jaquard dye for our mickey project. Will the 6 shirts kit be enough for 2 adult shirts 1 toddler dress and 1 girls dress?

How do I make the Mickey's a different color if the kit comes with the colors already in the bottle?

What stores have white dresses in stock other than dharma? Any chain stores?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter