• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

Due to time constraints I may use the jaquard dye for our mickey project. Will the 6 shirts kit be enough for 2 adult shirts 1 toddler dress and 1 girls dress?

How do I make the Mickey's a different color if the kit comes with the colors already in the bottle?

What stores have white dresses in stock other than dharma? Any chain stores?

That is a great Dye, just like Dharma. Yes, the kit is pleanty for 2 shirts and the dress.

You just have to use one of the colors from the bottle to make your Mickey.

I don't know if some stores still have the white dresses, they came out in the spring, but you can check Target and Wal Mart.

The pictures on the first page are no longer showing up.

I have not read all 85 pages is there somewhere else to find the how to pictures?

I think I understand the basic idea. I would love to learn how to get the nice crisp mickey head.

We have a kit and white shirts so any help would be great.

Thank you!

The pictures on the first page are no longer showing up.

I have not read all 85 pages is there somewhere else to find the how to pictures?

I think I understand the basic idea. I would love to learn how to get the nice crisp mickey head.

We have a kit and white shirts so any help would be great.

Thank you!

I know the pics on the first page are not showing, I had those in another album and it exceeded the amount of pics upload it in the album!!!

I no longer have them in my computer therefore I cannot upload them again, I see if I can copy and upload them again.

Sorry! :confused3

update... its my son's album and he cannot remember his password so after so many times typing the passwords it locked the album for a while... :worship: we have to wait to enter the correct password... :sad2:

Wow you are fast! I have been on you tube today and looking through old threads. I understand that I stitch Mickey with dental thread and then pucker.
However, all of the videos and instructions that I read the Mickey head was not as well defined as yours. :worship:

Is that just a lot of practice? Do you place your stitches close together?

Thank you for the help.

Meanwhile..... here some new pics...

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

IMG_2641.jpg

IMG_2620.jpg

IMG_2630.jpg

IMG_2626.jpg

Wow you are fast! I have been on you tube today and looking through old threads. I understand that I stitch Mickey with dental thread and then pucker.
However, all of the videos and instructions that I read the Mickey head was not as well defined as yours. :worship:

Thank you for the help.

OK my Son finally found it, he has so many albums and he can't remember the passwords :rotfl: I'm going to move them to my album....

Thank you for the help.

I do make my stitches smaller and probably the practice help too.

DH is willing to wear a mickey tie die if we use boy colors. We're using the Jacquard kit, I'm having problems imagining how different colors would turn out. If I avoid using the fuschia on his shirt I can imagine blue, yellow, orange, green on the shirt, are there any other combo's I'm missing? Would those colors look good together or???

With the kit you would get ..blue,yellow, green, for the orange you would need the fuschia and yellow to make orange.

You can do something like this:

get_convo_image.php

You would need just a bottle of Navy to make the ears.

Using some t shirt surgery I'm turning some t-shirts into t-dresses. 1 misses, 1 8yr, 1 onesie dress. Should I dye the skirts seperately to ensure saturation? DD wants her dress to have ruffled tiers, should I dye them seperately then construct?

Sorry, I'm not the best at explaining.

I'm using this tutorial to make DD & my skirts for our dresses yea Michaels t-shirt sale! http://www.kids-sewing-projects.com/t-shirt-skirt.html

Should I construct the dress then dye it as one piece or would it be easier to dye the skirt & shirt separately then sew the two together? I'm really concerned on the misses dress, there's so much fabric I'm worried won't be able to get every fold saturated, am I overthinking it? I haven't tye dyed in years and my only experience is rit dye.

2 misses shirts are pima cotton as well (modesty issues given the water activities) Do I need to purchase xtra dye for heavier cotton?

Well I would dyed it once the skirt is already made so you'll get the pattern on the skirt, you know the tie dye pattern. :confused3

I'm not familiar with those dyes so Im not sure, but if you think you might next extra dye go ahead and get some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter