**Tie Dye Mickey ears shirts directions**NEW NEW PICS LAST PAGE**

I too am going to try for our upcoming trip!! thanks so much for sharing!

This are GREAT!! I would love to order some for my kids for our trip in July. I sent you just sent you an email.
:thumbsup2

Love those shirts. I can never get our tie dye to set and stay dark...they always fade really bad.

do you have a web site?

Thanks for posting your instructions! Your shirts turned out great. My girlfriend and I are planning an adults long weekend at Disney in the fall, and I think I'll make some shirts to surprise her.
When you baste are you basting all the way around ears AND head?
And when you say "put the rubber bands around the ears" and "color the ears", are you doing just the ears or the whole head and ears?
Sorry for the detailed questions, but your head is much more defined than others I've seen and I'm trying to figure out how you managed that.

i bast stitched and dyed the shirt yesterday and am waiting for it to bond. i did every direction to the t, so here's hoping it turns out. i'd really like to wear it to disneyland next week!

I hafta tell you Pixie.... These are FABULOUS!!! Very nice job - you've totally inspired me to give it a shot!!!

What type/brand of dye are you using? Love the vivid colors.:thumbsup2

WDWforLife...please post a picture of your shirts.:goodvibes

I made this type shirt about 3 years ago. My mouse head wasn't as distinct as yours.:confused3 I like yours much better. I think I put my colors too close to it....in other words perhaps I should have left a little white around the mouse head.

I am going to try and find a picture of us wearing our shirts. (will post if I do) We got a tons of comments from the characters and CMs.

Love those shirts. I can never get our tie dye to set and stay dark...they always fade really bad.

do you have a web site?

It's the type of dye you use. If you use the "real" dye, it will stay because it actually bonds with the fibers of the shirt. I have gotten my stuff from Dharma Inc. online. I know you have to soak the shirts in soda ash before hand. Hope that helps. I am doing all of mine next week. I think when it is all said and done, I will have 11 shirts, 2 dresses, and 7 headbands when it is all over. Hopefully they will turn out.

I made a set for our last trip and we received lots of compliments. :thumbsup2 The kit I used was by JACQUARD and it came with everything you need: soda ash, dye, bottles, gloves, rubberbands and a SUPER instructional DVD. The kit did about 5 t-shirts. I bought it online at Dick Blick, but they also sell it at Michaels (it was out-of-stock at mine). I don't know if it was mentioned on this Thread, but I basted my Mickey Head with dental floss. It was super strong, and then it pulled out very easily. Have fun! :yay:

another option is reverse tye dye. take a brightly covered shirt(not white! and i say this with love cus many of my brownie parents sent their daughters with white!), take a cardboard cut out of any disney shape. put the shape on the shirt on the ground. put some bleach in a spray bottle and spray around the cardboard cut out. do not soak it, a lite misitng will be fine. remove the shape and you have yourself a reversed tie dyes mickey, pooh, minnie, etc.

navy blue often turns white, bright pink turns a liter pink.

hmmm now i wanna go tye dye for our dis trip! great shirt by the way!!!

I also made us some of the "bleach spray" Mickey shirts. I made my Mickey Head stencil using a page from one of those poly report cover pages. That way the bleach solution didn't soak through and I could re-use my stencil multiple times.:thumbsup2 They turned out so cute, and they were fast and easy. I diluted my bleach first and made sure to put a layer of cardboard inside the t-shirt, so it didn't bleach through to the back. I also wrote "DISNEY 2009" by placing some stickey foam letters/numbers down before misting. I sprayed them outside and let them sit in the sun for about 5 minutes...that was all it took before they were ready. I added some vinegar to the wash cycle. Someone told me that it neutralizes the bleach and stops the fading and odor. I don't know if it was necessary, but I did it anyway. :wizard:

I made a set for our last trip and we received lots of compliments. :thumbsup2 The kit I used was by JACQUARD and it came with everything you need: soda ash, dye, bottles, gloves, rubberbands and a SUPER instructional DVD. The kit did about 5 t-shirts. I bought it online at Dick Blick, but they also sell it at Michaels (it was out-of-stock at mine). I don't know if it was mentioned on this Thread, but I basted my Mickey Head with dental floss. It was super strong, and then it pulled out very easily. Have fun! :yay:

Every time I see your posts, it's just another chance for me to admire your cute shirts - I am so impressed you did them yourself! Thanks for the inspiration (and advice on the DIY!), they are incredibly cute! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the kind words, Anastasia. I'll admit, they were a pain in the butt to make, though. Mostly due to the fact that when I began, I didn't even know how to properly thread a needle, much less baste. :eek: Also, I had never tie-dyed before, and I was stressed about my Mickey turning into a blob. Now that I know what I'm doing, I think they would be a breeze. Well, maybe not that easy. :laughing: Anyway, if you decide to make some, there are many helpful threads on the Creative Board and on the internet (just Google), too!

thanks!!! i knew i forgot a step or two!! its been a few years since i did it at girl guide camp!

I also made us some of the "bleach spray" Mickey shirts. I made my Mickey Head stencil using a page from one of those poly report cover pages. That way the bleach solution didn't soak through and I could re-use my stencil multiple times.:thumbsup2 They turned out so cute, and they were fast and easy. I diluted my bleach first and made sure to put a layer of cardboard inside the t-shirt, so it didn't bleach through to the back. I also wrote "DISNEY 2009" by placing some stickey foam letters/numbers down before misting. I sprayed them outside and let them sit in the sun for about 5 minutes...that was all it took before they were ready. I added some vinegar to the wash cycle. Someone told me that it neutralizes the bleach and stops the fading and odor. I don't know if it was necessary, but I did it anyway. :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter