• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tie Dye Instructions for Spiral Mickey Shirt

These turned out GREAT! Thank you for sharing your shirts with us. What brand of dyes did you use and what are the names of the colors? Your colors are so BOLD and BRIGHT! I am still up in the air if I am going to do shirts for us, but if I do I rea;;y want bold colors like this!

Hey PixieDust...another PixieDust here! LOL. Great work as usual! When your shirts are twirled and bundled up how do you apply the different colors of dye? Your spirals are SOOOOOO well defined. The last time I did spiral shirts my spiral didn't come out great. I think I am putting the dye on wrong. I have always put a different color (or alternated 2 colors) in the "Pie slices" created by the rubber bands. Should I be doing it different? Do you have any pics? Thanks!

Hi Pixie :thumbsup2

Just like you said, i alternated orange slice then purple slice then orange slice, then you get 2 slices, 2 lines of each color.

I am calling my shirts "hidden Mickey shirts" :rotfl: I must not have had the Mickey banded enough. I used two different techniques for bunching up the shirts. I still have some dye left so I might make a second attempt.
DSCF4513.jpg

DSCF4514.jpg

DSCF4516-1.jpg

Thank you so much for giving the directions with pics and thanks to everyone who shared how your shirts turned out - gives me lots of inspiration!:laundy:

Great posts! Also great quotes, I missed some of those in this super long thread. I'm worried about making a good mickey head shape. Citygirl, where did you get the cut out?

These turned out GREAT! Thank you for sharing your shirts with us. What brand of dyes did you use and what are the names of the colors? Your colors are so BOLD and BRIGHT! I am still up in the air if I am going to do shirts for us, but if I do I rea;;y want bold colors like this!

I ordered the Serious Tie Dye kit from Dharma which includes pretty much everything you need including 3 dyes: turquoise, fuschia and lemon yellow. I also ordered a jar of their New Black and Fire Red.

I followed their directions to a tee and let the dyes soak for 18 hours.

I really need to find a local friend with a cricut!:rotfl:

I really need to find a local friend with a cricut!:rotfl:

i have a cricut but the Ears are different than others you find on the web, I like the cricut because you can cut many sizes, I normally cut some to decorate cups, sand buckets using vinyl like on these cups and bowls.
DSC00557.jpg

I decorated our cups, bowls for our camping trip Mickey Theme using vinyl.

DSC00556.jpg

But you can print your ears from the web, print them on cardstock.

ok my first attempt ever tye dying and they turned out ok, my son's has a few issues (part of the ear didnt get hit with the dye) but overall for my first shot im happy....and now addicted! and my daughters turned out good and on the back there is a tiny "hidden mickey" in white on the shoulder of the shirt...its cute! and then the last one i ran out of dye so there is more white (which i kinda like) but the red dye turned pink, i used a kit from michaels, starts with a j, cant remember the name but the red is not so red anymore...ah well.
Thank you so much for all the instructions, and photos, and all the idea shirts everyone posted, because now i hafta do one of each color combo:thumbsup2

072.jpg

070.jpg

071.jpg

069.jpg

I haven't posted in a while....

IMG_8289.jpg

IMG_8291.jpg

IMG_8322.jpg

IMG_8323.jpg

IMG_8340.jpg

IMG_8231.jpg

IMG_8227.jpg

IMG_8288.jpg

IMG_8290.jpg

Pixie Dust
I was wondering what colors of blue and green you used for these shirts? Our last shirts I made for our trip 3 years ago and I want new ones for this trip and my daughter just loved this color!! Thanks.
Cheryl:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter