• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tickets from Airmiles

Question... I'm curious if it's going to be better to wait until after October 1st to buy a ticket to DL w/airmiles? I see that the current tix are good from Oct 1st 2014 to Dec 31st 2015. I'm going in December, but if something happens and I have to cancel, I'd only have til the end of December to use the ticket. But if I waited until after October 1st, I'm (assuming, based on current stock) that I'd have ~14 months to use the ticket.

However, is the price per ticket likely to go up and by how much? Is there a history of previous AM per pass somewhere? (I googled but wasn't able to ascertain this...)
I am not sure about the DL tickets, but the WDW ones that I just got do not have an expiry date on them.

Friday's West Sobey's flyer is full of stuff. 100 AM for $100 plus there is a Blue Friday with a lot of miles (100 for TP, Kleenex and paper towels!).

Hopefully Sobey's Ontario will be good too!

Last edited:

My flyers don't come until late today. Usually I can see them in advance online but Sobey's isn't up yet. I'll be waiting not so patiently.

just checked flyerland, cant see much for canada. Im being patient and waiting for something bigger. Sobeys is just too expensive and they dont price match.

Has anyone got the new American Express Airmiles Platinum that gives 2000 airmiles? Curious to see how long before they are in my account!

I've had an Amex platinum for at least 6 years. Once you meet the spending threshold for the bonus the AM will be in your account 1-2 days after the billing cycle closes.

Has anyone got the new American Express Airmiles Platinum that gives 2000 airmiles? Curious to see how long before they are in my account!

Yes I got that recently. I have to charge $500 within 3 months (easy enough with Christmas coming up) to get the 2000 AM. I'm curious to see how long it will take too.

I'm curious if it's going to be better to wait until after October 1st to buy a ticket to DL w/airmiles?

The exchange rate is scaring me. So I ordered the tix. Not knowing anything about how AM prices their dream rewards, I assume with new ticket stock and a brutal Canadian dollar, the number of AM required will increase. And I only had about 250 more Airmiles and not much time to obtain more if that would have been the case.

Anyways, I'm satisfied. Worse comes to worse, I can give the ticket to a local friend. Alternatively, I wonder if it's possible to apply the ticket to an AP upgrade over the phone when it hasn't been redeemed yet? Hmmm. (I'm not interested in doing this unless in case of emergency - I'm more just curious! :) )

Yes I got that recently. I have to charge $500 within 3 months (easy enough with Christmas coming up) to get the 2000 AM. I'm curious to see how long it will take too.

I charged it right away, sooo hoping the miles come in!

Let us know! Fingers crossed it's quick.

Just checked and they are in this morning!! Wooo hoo!! Card was approved on Aug 2nd, I activated it on Aug 15th, spent the minimum $500 right away, and got my miles today! Yay! Will now have enough for our last hopper! Just got to get 361 more miles, and then order the last hopper!

Just checked and they are in this morning!! Wooo hoo!! Card was approved on Aug 2nd, I activated it on Aug 15th, spent the minimum $500 right away, and got my miles today! Yay! Will now have enough for our last hopper! Just got to get 361 more miles, and then order the last hopper!
That's awesome!!

I wasn't aware that you could get Park Hoppers with Airmiles? I thought it was just 3, 5 or 7 day base tickets.

I wasn't aware that you could get Park Hoppers with Airmiles? I thought it was just 3, 5 or 7 day base tickets.
To my knowledge it's base tickets only but you can add hoppers when you arrive at WDW. I've added to my tickets many times.

New Sobeys flyer today and no gift card deal, BUT. There is two different ones where you buy 4 products get 100 and another buy 3 and get 50. Since not sure if they will do the gift card again, might as well use the one that I have and get these points. Just money sitting on a card and need just these few anyway to get over the new hump price they put in.
Good luck everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter