• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Tickets from Airmiles

Staples has a 20x AM if you spend $100 offer in store tomorrow Aug 29. School supplies! Check your flyer.

Speaking of Sobeys, did you guys know there is a Sobeys Airmiles Mastercard? 2 AM per $20 purchased at Sobeys in addition to what you get from your collector card. 400 AM with first card purchase. 1 AM/$20 spent everywhere else. I've been using a regular AM Mastercard along with my collector card when I shop at IGA. I applied for an IGA AM MC last week and will use that now. Got to thinking maybe Sobeys has one too since Sobeys and IGA are associated. Thought I would post in case people weren't aware. My IGA card says 1.25x AM/$20 at Shell but I don't see that on Sobeys.

http://www.bmosobeys.com/en/no-fee-mastercard

Ok so I will update you on what happened to me today. They have come out with a verbal policy about buying a Sobeys GC with a Sobeys GC. They have nothing in writing, but no sense arguing with them, they dont have to sell you anything. So I asked can I buy any other GC with the Sobeys card, they said yes, I asked can I buy a Prepaid Visa, and they said yes. So Yes it cost 5.95 per prepaid Visa, what I did today was buy a Visa, then turned around and bought a Sobeys card with that visa, and so on. It is a bit confusing I know, but was able to do it 10 times. Out of pocket was $60, but that got me 2000 points, and I still have a $150 GC. So for approx $90 you can have a 5 day park pass.
Up to you if you think it is a hassell or want to try, but this works for us.

Oh Dang
How did I miss out on this,please post if they offer it again.
Hugs Mel

So with some careful deal shopping I spent about $110 out of pocket and earned 460 airmiles between Rexall and Sobeys. I'll be at the halfway mark for my goal of a 7 day adult pass soon. Hopefully I can meet the goal by December!

Eta) stupid typo

Last edited:
So with some careful deal shopping I spent about $110 out of pocket and earned 460 airmiles between Rexall and Sobeys. I'll be at the halfway mark for my goal of a 7 day adult pass soon. Hopefully I can meat the goal by December!
Congrats, I am waiting it out for another 2 weeks and see if they do the gift card again. Here is hoping

So with some careful deal shopping I spent about $110 out of pocket and earned 460 airmiles between Rexall and Sobeys. I'll be at the halfway mark for my goal of a 7 day adult pass soon. Hopefully I can meet the goal by December!

Eta) stupid typo

Alright!
Good for you Hon!
I stocked up on some non perishable items and bagged 200 airmiles.
Hugs Mel

Congrats, I am waiting it out for another 2 weeks and see if they do the gift card again. Here is hoping

I am still trying to figure out the whole process that you mentioned.
But I'm willing to give it a try.
Here's hoping they offer it again.
Hugs Mel

I am still trying to figure out the whole process that you mentioned.
But I'm willing to give it a try.
Here's hoping they offer it again.
Hugs Mel
When not if it comes again, I will explain the two ways to do it. But I did in prevouis posts. Gotta love it and should have done more.

If they do I'm going to try harder and see if I can't get the Visa gift card / Sobey's gift card method to work. That would sure speed up this process.
Alright!
Good for you Hon!
I stocked up on some non perishable items and bagged 200 airmiles.
Hugs Mel
Good Job!! It's easier than I thought if I stock up at the right times. DD is leaving for University on Saturday so I was able to get her things like medicine and personal care items and hit the $50 amount for the bonus Rexall points pretty easily.

Read through all the posts. What an amazing thing you've discovered! Hopefully it lasts. Is Foodland part of this group of grocery stores? I know they take airmiles. I just returned from Disney last week and am trying to find ways to get us bac! I'm gonna hit the airmiles website now and try to find other ways I can earn myself more airmiles for tickets! :wave:

I checked airmiles this morning. A 5-day base ticket is now 3350 points, up from 3200 last week. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Ouch wonder if that is because of the horrible exchange. That bites. They just raised it a few months ago as well.

How much do you want to bet it doesn't go back down when the currency improves?

Question... I'm curious if it's going to be better to wait until after October 1st to buy a ticket to DL w/airmiles? I see that the current tix are good from Oct 1st 2014 to Dec 31st 2015. I'm going in December, but if something happens and I have to cancel, I'd only have til the end of December to use the ticket. But if I waited until after October 1st, I'm (assuming, based on current stock) that I'd have ~14 months to use the ticket.

However, is the price per ticket likely to go up and by how much? Is there a history of previous AM per pass somewhere? (I googled but wasn't able to ascertain this...)

ugh

I know airmiles points stayed the same for quite a long while - but I can't say I kept track for more than a year or so.

Given the way the Cdn dollar is going, it's going to be hard to predict.

The worst was that around March this past year, both Airmiles and Aeroplan DOUBLED the cost of Universal Orlando tickets. I was furious as I was saving point on both for our trip next Feb.

Now it seems Universal tickets have gone up again slightly on Airmiles (about 150 points more for 2-Day park-to-park) but have stayed the same on Aeroplan for the time being......

I checked airmiles this morning. A 5-day base ticket is now 3350 points, up from 3200 last week. :mad::mad::mad:

The worst was that around March this past year, both Airmiles and Aeroplan DOUBLED the cost of Universal Orlando tickets. I was furious as I was saving point on both for our trip next Feb.

Now it seems Universal tickets have gone up again slightly on Airmiles (about 150 points more for 2-Day park-to-park) but have stayed the same on Aeroplan for the time being......

That sucks. I used my airmiles early this year for DLR tickets so hasn't tracked the price for WDW or Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter